What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-02-2015 04:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  As far as martial arts goes ---

Ka-boom always beats karate......

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Yeah - and there's been guys that jumped out of airplanes without a parachute and survived.....

I don't think I'd try it.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-02-2015, 04:34 PM
(03-02-2015 04:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah - and there's been guys that jumped out of airplanes without a parachute and survived.....

I don't think I'd try it.....

That is true, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-02-2015, 05:14 PM
(03-02-2015 04:27 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 04:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  As far as martial arts goes ---

Ka-boom always beats karate......

A couple of stupid kids trying to go viral. I'm betting staged.

#sigh
03-02-2015, 05:19 PM
(03-02-2015 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 04:27 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

A couple of stupid kids trying to go viral. I'm betting staged.

Wasn't, on the news and everything.

03-02-2015, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 05:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-02-2015 05:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  A couple of stupid kids trying to go viral. I'm betting staged.

Still looks staged to me. No self-respecting armed robber would ever get that close. Especially with a shotgun (which I doubt are used very often in armed street robberies). It's not like the news hasn't been fooled before.

The story is 2 years old and I can't find any follow up.

#sigh
03-02-2015, 05:45 PM
(03-02-2015 05:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 05:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Wasn't, on the news and everything.

Still looks staged to me. No self-respecting armed robber would ever get that close. Especially with a shotgun (which I doubt are used very often in armed street robberies). It's not like the news hasn't been fooled before.

You also have to remember some people are just that stupid.

03-02-2015, 05:49 PM
(03-02-2015 05:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  A couple of stupid kids trying to go viral. I'm betting staged.

A bunch of exceptional examples does not make a rule. You seem to have no idea how able one must be to have a chance in a fight.

I have martial arts training, some of which I could still use, but two thugs would kick my ass. Unless I shoot them. Your belief that anyone but the disabled can learn sufficient martial arts to be effective is pure fantasy.

Size means quite a lot - you are once again believing some hype you've been told. Unless you can disable someone immediately, their weight, strength, and reach will eventually defeat the small and weak. And multiple assailants is still more dangerous.

Someone hyped up on drugs or adrenaline will often not stop with one shot, but I don't have six shots, I have sixteen high velocity hollow points. And a head shot stops anyone.

And, yes, guns make killing or disabling easier. That is the point.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2015, 06:02 PM
(03-02-2015 04:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  You keep saying this, and it continues to be horseshit. You vastly overestimate the power of martial arts and ignore the people who couldn't employ them. You also don't seem able to see that a 5", 90 lb. person is never a match for a couple of 200 lb. thugs.

Chas, Chas, Chas. Here are somethings you don't understand

A. Only people who can really not learn martial arts are the disabled. Even then they really can't hold a gun either. For example, karate can be learned when you are old

http://www.karatebyjesse.com/when-am-i-t...ng-karate/

B.Size means nothing in martial arts. NOTHING! A skilled small person can beat an unskilled big person. So a small person can beat a big person. Watch this

Oh and using your example the thug, the thug is about 2.2 times heavier than the small guy. The large guy in the video is about 3.7 times heavier than the small guy. This means that the small guy in the video had a worst situation and still won. So with good training you can turn make anyone good at martial arts. Martial arts is not a one shot thing, those who can't use it have not learned it or did not train enough.

C. You act is if guns are good or better they are not. So if you fought a group of thugs that where charging at you then you would be screwed with a gun. First, a person wanting to really harm you, especially a thug, would not drop in a gun shot. So if you had six thugs and six bullets you would be screwed. Thugs, psychopaths, and crazy drug people will not drop in even a clip. Not to include the times it takes to take out the gun(considering a psychopath will sneak up on you close range, close enough where running is not an option), time it takes to reload and whether the shot from the bullet hits or not. With martial arts you can at least break or hit an area the will stop a psycho(i.e breaking an arm)

D. I did not say only martial arts, running is also a good option, if not better.

(03-02-2015 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't quite see what you are saying here. What do you think the risk of injury is from the guns that are locked up?

And FYI - people have been killed by fire extinguishers.

The point I am saying is what rev said. A fire extinguisher has no real risk, if any. A fire extinguisher doesn't get kids in schools killed, a gun can. Also if someone breaks into to where your guns are? Yeah, a fire extinguisher on the floor is going to break my head. Also how many kids accidentally kill themselves with a fire extinguisher? Not many, if any. Guns kill more kids than cancer

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...r/2073259/

(03-02-2015 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Show us the statistics. Guns do nothing - people do.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracy...un-control

That is just in america. Places in africa is dangerous because of people with guns. Guns help make killing easier, not make things safer.

Oh and this for the small people thing

Six thugs + six bullets = no problem.

Just because one mma fighter can take down a larger man does not mean that I am an mma fighter. What hollywood do you live in?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
03-02-2015, 06:08 PM
(03-02-2015 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  A bunch of exceptional examples does not make a rule. You seem to have no idea how able one must be to have a chance in a fight.

But having more exceptions than the rule? This happens a lot more than the rule has it.

(03-02-2015 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have martial arts training, some of which I could still use, but two thugs would kick my ass. Unless I shoot them. Your belief that anyone but the disabled can learn sufficient martial arts to be effective is pure fantasy.

Where did you train? How many martial arts did you take? Do you have confidence to show your skills in martial arts? When was the last time you used it or trained with it? And when one does not work you move on to more powerful ones. Krav maga for example.

(03-02-2015 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Size means quite a lot - you are once again believing some hype you've been told. Unless you can disable someone immediately, their weight, strength, and reach will eventually defeat the small and weak. And multiple assailants is still more dangerous.

Wrong. Size=/= strength. I am said to be big and I meet someone skinny and small that is said to have bull strength. You also won't believe how many people beat more that one person. It happens A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Hell they teach that in martial arts classes. Also it is more that just immediate. It is patience and timing as well, both which you learn.

(03-02-2015 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Someone hyped up on drugs or adrenaline will often not stop with one shot, but I don't have six shots, I have sixteen high velocity hollow points. And a head shot stops anyone.

So the part about ambushing was ignored. A psycho would strike close range right there, and they are fast. Guns can't get you out of a chock hold.