What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(09-07-2017 07:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  (Their intent wasn't to invade, but to decimate. With idea being we would be too scared to enter the war.)

Actually, the Japanese knew that the attack on Pearl Harbor would result in the USA entering the war. They even timed their official war declaration to arrive minutes after the first bombs fell on Pearl Harbor. The Japanese high command also knew it was a very risky gambit to enter in an armed conflict against the Americans who could muster twice more troops and five times more ressources than them. To curb Japanese imperialism, the US, France and the UK had imposed economical sanctions against them and attempted to suffocate their economy. It was quite successful. When Japanese attacked, they were about to be out of reserves and would have been incapable of mounting any grand scale assault afterward, forcing them to accept to abandon, at least in part, their imperialist design. When the attack on Pearl Harbor was launched, the Japanese high command predicted that, if successful, the attack would leave the US navy in the Pacific to be incapable of counter attacking them with enough strength to stop them and give them around 6 months of almost certain victory. This was supposed to be enough to allow Japanese forces to seize Dutch colonies and British holdings that were rich in resources and fortify themselves. The goal was then to hold them long enough to force a peaceful settlement by counting on the US population lack of motivation to fight a war on some remote pacific islands to continue any war passed the breaking point.

Of course, this strategy proved to be completly wrong headed for several reasons. The Amercian strategy had changed in the mid thirties and didn't involved a rapid reaction to any attack from the Japanese, but a strategic withdrawl and a counter attack when their superior numbers and resources could be put to their full advantage. They also severely underestimated the alliance network at play and the influence of the Europeen conflict in American policies. Logistical problems also slowed down the fortification of newly acquired Japanese installations and territory and their failure during the battle of Midway to gain more time crippled their entire strategy. In the end, victory was impossible. The US simply had too much resources and numbers to be defeated.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
10-07-2017, 03:04 PM
(10-07-2017 06:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 07:36 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I wasn't lecturing, I was offering my opinion.
Best to get involved and participate rather than to stand around watching.
Get over yourself Fuck face!

I started reading the Congressional Investigation Into the Attack on Pearl Harbor in 1965. Read all forty volumes before I got out of high school. Can you tell me which Youtubes you've used in your research?
Look dude. I'm not saying that I know more than you. I'm not saying I'm an expert on the topic. I have read some on the topic, and I have my opinions. A great way to expand on my knowledge is to discuss the topic with others. I can and often am wrong on stuff. What I don't expect is to have a person throw personal insults at me if I am wrong or if they disagree with me.

What's up with that?
10-07-2017, 03:12 PM
The Japanese did write a declaration of war until after they heard of the attacks on Oahu and Kota Baru. Very few in the Foreign Office even knew the war was about to expanded.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Ha ha!!

[Image: military-humor-50-caliber-handgun-burgla...00x441.jpg]

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 2 users Like BackSlider's post
10-08-2017, 07:37 PM
That Smith 500 is a pussycat to shoot... Much fun.

You want recoil, try a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull. The very definition of pain.

The 500 is basically the same ballistics as a 12 gauge shooting slugs. It's a good gun for hunting less than dangerous game. It would be marginal on a grizzly.

But, if you're impressed with big and scary - glad it's working for you.

Ultimately, it's just a revolver.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-08-2017, 08:53 PM
(10-08-2017 07:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That Smith 500 is a pussycat to shoot... Much fun.

You want recoil, try a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull. The very definition of pain.

The 500 is basically the same ballistics as a 12 gauge shooting slugs. It's a good gun for hunting less than dangerous game. It would be marginal on a grizzly.

I have a friend who has one of the Scandium-Aluminum alloy snub-nosed .357 revolvers. It has quite a kick, especially when using hot loads. Blink
11-08-2017, 04:10 AM
(10-08-2017 08:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 07:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That Smith 500 is a pussycat to shoot... Much fun.

I have a friend who has one of the Scandium-Aluminum alloy snub-nosed .357 revolvers. It has quite a kick, especially when using hot loads. Blink

A gun has three factors that effect the felt recoil. Weight of gun, kinetic energy of projectile and thrust line of the barrel in relation to the grips or stock.

The Smith 500 in the full length barrel as shown in the morning ealier post is quite heavy, almost 5 lbs. A Smith Airlite like the 357 you mentioned is about 3/4 of a lbs. That's why I carry a Airlite in 32 H+R mag.

I can't imagine carrying a 500 boat anchor all day...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-08-2017, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 04:50 AM by BackSlider.)
My brother must love recoil.
Here is a pic. of his two bear repellent Saigas.[attachment=3849]
There simply is NO badder-ass than these guys.

Preview does not show attachments till posted?

(you are currently using 4.19 MB of your allocated attachment usage (4.88 MB)
What do you do with this chit?

11-08-2017, 05:17 AM
(11-08-2017 04:45 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  My brother must love recoil.
Here is a pic. of his two bear repellent Saigas.
There simply is NO badder-ass than these guys.

Preview does not show attachments till posted?

(you are currently using 4.19 MB of your allocated attachment usage (4.88 MB)
What do you do with this chit?

Weed out old pics in the User Control Panel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2017, 06:05 AM
Thanks!