What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 05:33 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(27-08-2017 06:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 05:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My gun is laying right there.

No kids are dying.

In fact, I haven't seen a kid in this house for 20 years.

Has anyone checked your crawlspace?

Houses this old don't have those...

But, we do have a nice easy to dig garden....

:P

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 05:35 AM
(28-08-2017 04:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 07:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I studied Chinese and Japanese martial arts weapons. Now that now I no longer teach I don't need those weapons. If I still had a dojang/dojo/school/community space etc, things may differ.

It's so bizarre.

I don't need a broadsword or 9 section whip by my fridge, in case of an intruder.

America. Blink

I don't get it.

I trained with a retired Marine through my high school years, then the Navy helped me refine that training. I don't need a gun. I really like edged weapons, however.

In my experience - people who " like edged weapons" are those folks for one reason or another, can't legally own firearms.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-08-2017, 05:43 AM
(28-08-2017 05:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In my experience - people who " like edged weapons" are those folks for one reason or another, can't legally own firearms.

Awww, that's cute. Since when did legality stop people from having guns? Isn't that one of the favorite anti-gun control arguments? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-08-2017, 05:46 AM
For me the point is that we in the USA are SUPPOSED to enjoy Government by the People.
Every person, (barring a disqualifying factor) has as much right to own a gun as does the military or police.
To make things otherwise is to change the relationship of citizen to government.
We are governed by consent.
"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
It's pretty simple.
And this argument of "what kind of gun a person NEEDS" for hunting yadda yadda misses the point.
If the military deems the AR15 as the most effective weapon then when it comes to self defense maybe I want one.
Do I need it? I really hope not. But if I do I want the best one.
And given the number of guns in circulation 'vs' the number of guns that ever will harm another human being I suspect that guns would by any honest account, be hugely less dangerous than cars.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
28-08-2017, 05:50 AM
(28-08-2017 05:18 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 11:30 PM)skyking Wrote:  ...I am not supporting the notion of a gun in every home, but I think your example is ridiculous. It would be a completely legitimate use of force to defend yourself in that situation with a gun or your own bat or a 9 section whip, or a broadsword.

Just to clarify your stance... you're apparently saying that if a 14-year-old kid approaches you with violent intent, and armed with a baseball bat, it's perfectly okay—morally and ethically—to shoot him to death?

And that sort of potential violence makes it acceptable to have a loaded gun at the ready—even in your own home?

I guess if the kid was brandishing a firearm of some sort, and you feared being shot yourself, you might use a gun in self-defence, but here in Australia I doubt that you'd find any 14-year-olds with ready access to a firearm, knives being the usual weapon of choice. Or fence pickets.

You have a common misconception of the use of firearms in self- defense.

You don't " shoot to kill".

You shoot to stop the threat.

That is - if a kid with a baseball bat is coming at me and it' s a reasonable assumption he is to going to injure or kill me - then yes, I have the legal right to use my handgun to stop him from doing so.

If, when I draw my gun - the kid stops - then the threat has ended, and I must legally stop. If I shoot with no threat, I am criminally liable.

If the kid doesn't stop, and I shoot the kid, then he stops - threat ended. Again, I must stop.

You only have the right to shoot as long as a reasonable person would see a threat to life or injury.

If the kid dies, as a result of me shooting him - I am not liable - as long as the reasonable person threshold is met.

I think the lesson that needs to be taught to all kids - don't be starting shit - somebody might ruin your day.

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-08-2017, 05:52 AM
(28-08-2017 05:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 05:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In my experience - people who " like edged weapons" are those folks for one reason or another, can't legally own firearms.

Awww, that's cute. Since when did legality stop people from having guns? Isn't that one of the favorite anti-gun control arguments? Consider

OLB is being snarky again. He hates people who disagree with him. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2017, 05:53 AM
(28-08-2017 05:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

I personally have refused to sell firearms to hundreds of people - because they couldn't pass a NICS check.

You haven't worked in the trade obviously.

28-08-2017, 05:57 AM
(28-08-2017 05:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 04:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I trained with a retired Marine through my high school years, then the Navy helped me refine that training. I don't need a gun. I really like edged weapons, however.

In my experience - people who " like edged weapons" are those folks for one reason or another, can't legally own firearms.

And you're the gold standard for that, aren't you. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2017, 06:00 AM
(28-08-2017 05:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 05:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Awww, that's cute. Since when did legality stop people from having guns? Isn't that one of the favorite anti-gun control arguments? Consider

I personally have refused to sell firearms to hundreds of people - because they couldn't pass a NICS check.

You haven't worked in the trade obviously.

Good to know. So when that old canard 'outlaw guns, and only outlaws will have them' comes around, I trust you won't be trowing your hat in with the anti-regulation fear mongers? Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Wash, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat..............

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post