What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 06:29 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(28-08-2017 06:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 06:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi mate.

I think this shows very clearly how I don't get it.

I began studying Chinese weapons when I was 16. I fell in love with the aesthetics, the form and shape. It was something beautiful. And yet practical. Not so much the old weapons but each style has it's merits.

I used a gun when I was hunting as a kid.

I have never once wanted a gun licence. I have no need of one.
He means that I can't own guns, which is patently false. He likes to make shit up, it's usually the only response he's got.

Paranoid??

I said nothing about you.

I wasn't thinking about you.

I don't know you, and doubt I would want to.

So quit flattering yourself.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Why would I want a concealed carry permit?

If I want a gun to use for hunting, yeah I could get one.

Excuse my question.

Why do you want one other than for hunting?

Is it very dangerous where you live?

Sorry mate I am following as well as I can and am trying to understand.

Frustrating.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-08-2017, 06:37 AM
(28-08-2017 06:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Why would I want a concealed carry permit?

If I want a gun to use for hunting, yeah I could get one.

Excuse my question.

Why do you want one other than for hunting?

Is it very dangerous where you live?

Sorry mate I am following as well as I can and am trying to understand.

Frustrating.

Why would anyone want to carry a first aid kit in my trunk.
Why would anyone want insurance. Why would anyone pay triple A for auto coverage.
Not NEEDING something is irrelevant.

Why do you insist that when it comes to guns a person should only have one if they NEED it.
Why is it wrong to have one if they just want it?

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
28-08-2017, 06:42 AM
(28-08-2017 06:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 05:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  are those folks for one reason or another, can't legally own firearms.

Hi mate.

I began studying Chinese weapons when I was 16. I fell in love with the aesthetics, the form and shape. It was something beautiful. And yet practical. Not so much the old weapons but each style has it's merits.

The first part of your post also explains why some folks especially in the U.S. enjoy their firearms so much its a hobby or interest if you like. People love the technical side of them, the skill it takes to use them well, of getting rounds on target and good groupings, the aesthetics of them, ( some of them are truly beautiful almost works of art) When we see a gun we see an object to kill and that's pretty much it but I have come to understand that many of our American chums see something completely different.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
28-08-2017, 06:48 AM
(28-08-2017 06:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 06:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi mate.

The first part of your post also explains why some folks especially in the U.S. enjoy their firearms so much its a hobby or interest if you like. People love the technical side of them, the skill it takes to use them well, of getting rounds on target and good groupings, the aesthetics of them, ( some of them are truly beautiful almost works of art) When we see a gun we see an object to kill and that's pretty much it but I have come to understand that many of our American chums see something completely different.

Speaking for myself I'd say that's not quite correct either.
It's not one or the other.
The reason to carry a gun is because it is the most effective means of self protection. It is something meant to kill. It also is something to enjoy in other ways.
But the reason to carry one is for self protection. My dog has fangs and has never bit anyone. I don't expect to ever shoot anyone. But if I need to .....
Rather have one and not need it than need it and not have it.
And it's about protecting rights. It's about maintaining the relationship of citizen to government. They (the government) work for us. People so easily lose sight of that.
If I haven't broken any laws then they don't have the right to tell me I can't have a gun.
They are public servants.

28-08-2017, 07:21 AM
(28-08-2017 06:48 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 06:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The first part of your post also explains why some folks especially in the U.S. enjoy their firearms so much its a hobby or interest if you like. People love the technical side of them, the skill it takes to use them well, of getting rounds on target and good groupings, the aesthetics of them, ( some of them are truly beautiful almost works of art) When we see a gun we see an object to kill and that's pretty much it but I have come to understand that many of our American chums see something completely different.

Speaking for myself I'd say that's not quite correct either.
The reason to carry a gun is because it is the most effective means of self protection. It is something meant to kill. It also is something to enjoy in other ways.
But the reason to carry one is for self protection. My dog has fangs and has never bit anyone. I don't expect to ever shoot anyone. But if I need to .....
And it's about protecting rights. It's about maintaining the relationship of citizen to government. They (the government) work for us. People so easily lose sight of that.
If I haven't broken any laws then they don't have the right to tell me I can't have a gun.
I agree with you 100% that its a mixture of many different reasons sorry I didn't make that apparent I struggle to understand the citizens rights thingy but that's a difference in cultures laws etc I think. Self protection I didn't used to understand but I do now America is vast you cannot have cops around every corner and with weapons ownership enshrined in the constitution there are a lot floating around, sometimes in the hands of unsavoury individuals. Its about being pragmatic given your circumstances, (please correct me if I'm wrong though I'm just a Brit trying to understand the differences )
28-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Guns aren't for self-defense, they're for being more violent than the other person.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
28-08-2017, 07:55 AM
(28-08-2017 05:46 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  ...And given the number of guns in circulation 'vs' the number of guns that ever will harm another human being I suspect that guns would by any honest account, be hugely less dangerous than cars.

This is not an "honest" account; it's your ill-informed suspicion. Anyway, this tired old chestnut about cars causing more deaths than guns has been debunked a thousand times; didn't you know? People don't intentionally drive their cars at you with the sole purpose of killing you; they have what are known as "accidents". Facepalm

And consider these facts:

"In 2007, Missouri repealed its purchaser licensing and background check requirement, resulting in a 25% increase in firearm homicides and an overall 14% increase in murders over the subsequent five years. The rise in gun deaths is directly attributable to the repeal of the licensing and background check requirement as the firearm homicide rate during the same period did not increase in adjoining states nor did the national average rise.

By comparison, Connecticut continues to benefit from its handgun purchaser licensing law passed in 1994. A new study estimates that the law led to a 40% decline in homicides committed with a firearm during the 10 years following the implementation of the licensing requirement."

—National Catholic Reporter, 19 Oct 2015.

And even more damning, in the US, firearms were used to kill 13,286 people in 2015, excluding suicides. Or 10.30 per 100,000 in the US in 2014 with its slack gun control laws versus 0.93 per 100,000 here in Australia in 2013 with our very strict gun laws.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
28-08-2017, 08:14 AM
(28-08-2017 07:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 06:48 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Speaking for myself I'd say that's not quite correct either.
I agree with you 100% that its a mixture of many different reasons sorry I didn't make that apparent I struggle to understand the citizens rights thingy but that's a difference in cultures laws etc I think. Self protection I didn't used to understand but I do now America is vast you cannot have cops around every corner and with weapons ownership enshrined in the constitution there are a lot floating around, sometimes in the hands of unsavoury individuals. Its about being pragmatic given your circumstances, (please correct me if I'm wrong though I'm just a Brit trying to understand the differences )

It's about being free.
Pragmatism leads to totalitarianism.
If all we have a right to are things we "NEED" then pretty soon we'll all be shuffling back and forth to factory jobs scanning the chip planted in the palm of our hand at birth and filling out paperwork to be able to deviate from our assigned activities.
I say what I NEED and WANT. There may be pragmatic reasons or not.

28-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Ye shall know them by their usernames. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user