What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 09:31 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(28-08-2017 09:27 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Sorry if it hurt your feelings.

Are you even reading what's coming out of your yap? The guy who thought calling guns toys was undignified or something Facepalm

Quote:I didn't realize you suffered the malady

What, pray, is that malady you speak of?

Quote:I wouldn't have cracked wise.

You didn't Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Really.
You really didn't see the use of the word toys as condescension?
Wow.
I don't see how it could be seen as anything else.
I promise you, no gun owner sees guns as toys.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
28-08-2017, 09:36 AM
So, whose feewings were huwt again? Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
28-08-2017, 09:43 AM
(28-08-2017 09:36 AM)Vera Wrote:  So, whose feewings were huwt again? Drinking Beverage

Not mine.
I'm disappointed that what was a discussion about something important has turned into a bunch of childish back and forth fraught with condescending terms and useless nonsense.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
28-08-2017, 10:10 AM
(28-08-2017 09:05 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  We as citizens are guaranteed certain rights and it is simply insane for us to willing throw away those rights.

If you were constitutionally guaranteed the right to climb flagpoles naked would you march to defend this right? Situations change. Just resisting change because "it's a right" is kinda dumb IMO. There may well be good and valid reasons to hang onto guns but just shouting that "it's my right" is... WHY is it necessary that owning killing tools should be a right?

Oh yeah, not that it's going to make a difference at this point, but I do see the reflexive knee jerk "They'll never take my guns" response as being pretty much equivalent to a toddler with his toys, which is why I used the word. If you find that insulting and childish... so be it. I don't see you being much different or more adult than me so far, and demanding respect is one way to instantly lose it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-08-2017, 10:19 AM
(28-08-2017 09:34 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Really.
Wow.

So you've talked to each and every gun owner about this? I would be willing to bet that there are numerous gun owners who would freely admit that their guns are toys -- something that gives them pleasure and entertainment. Nothing wrong with that -- whatever turns you on. I have a $10,000 bicycle (not motorcycle, bicycle), and it's absolutely a toy. I wouldn't think of using it for commuting or grocery shopping. I have a $500 bike for that. "The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
28-08-2017, 10:27 AM
(28-08-2017 10:19 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
Wow.

So you've talked to each and every gun owner about this? I would be willing to bet that there are numerous gun owners who would freely admit that their guns are toys -- something that gives them pleasure and entertainment. Nothing wrong with that -- whatever turns you on. I have a $10,000 bicycle (not motorcycle, bicycle), and it's absolutely a toy. I wouldn't think of using it for commuting or grocery shopping. I have a $500 bike for that. "The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."
A 10g bicycle???

That better be able to ride itself and deliver pizza and beer.....

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-08-2017, 10:28 AM
(28-08-2017 10:19 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
Wow.

For example, my cousin who had to shoot the new rifle he got this last Xmas right away. So he draws a bead on the tree in his yard everybody shoots at and lets fly. From his rocking chair in the livingroom. He's firing out a window, with the glass down and the screens on. Did I mention it was Xmas. Even in Missouri that can get cold.

He has over a dozen rifles he's only fired once. But they're not toys. Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2017, 10:39 AM
(28-08-2017 10:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 10:19 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  So you've talked to each and every gun owner about this? I would be willing to bet that there are numerous gun owners who would freely admit that their guns are toys -- something that gives them pleasure and entertainment. Nothing wrong with that -- whatever turns you on. I have a $10,000 bicycle (not motorcycle, bicycle), and it's absolutely a toy. I wouldn't think of using it for commuting or grocery shopping. I have a $500 bike for that. "The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."
A 10g bicycle???

That better be able to ride itself and deliver pizza and beer.....

Tongue

Nope -- it's just very light (carbon/titanium frame), very efficient, and custom built to my body dimensions and riding style. It's an absolute dream to ride. Kind of like driving a Ferrari or a Porsche rather than an old beater (like my clunker of a commuting bike).
28-08-2017, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2017 11:06 AM by adey67.)
I no longer argue on gun threads, they are amongst the most divisive on TTA, suddenly friends and acquaintances you've known for a while and who you know are decent reasonable people in all other aspects along with new people you'd like to get to know and seem otherwise decent also start chewing each other to ribbons with an anger usually reserved for a mammal experiencing the stages of furious rabies and you lose friends and become enemies for the dumbest of reasons nothings worth that for me, I seek only to understand that which I don't understand now. Gun threads suck for this reason.