What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
I only have problems with gun owners who shoot houses with people inside (my parents house is full of bullet holes from drunk ranchers who don't watch where they shoot, despite my poor relationship with my parents I get pissed off at the ranchers who do this) Or whatever asshole thinks it's ok to shoot his shotgun often right behind my house. Fucker could at least drive off into the woods where the noise won't bother no one.

And I don't really like when people shoot other people, unless the other people are stupid.... OH all right I don't want the stupid people to die either (it's a joke)

Aside from that I couldn't give a flying fuck one way or another.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 09:06 PM
(28-08-2017 05:10 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  It is supposed to capture principles upon which we base all other laws.

There is only one fundamental creed upon which we base all others - nemo residio. Our guiding principle for realizing that creed is "Don't be a dick." It's kinda like what we were taught when we were 5 yo.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-08-2017, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2017 09:19 PM by JesseB.)
(28-08-2017 09:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 05:10 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  It is supposed to capture principles upon which we base all other laws.

There is only one fundamental creed upon which we base all others - nemo residio. Our guiding principle for realizing that creed is "Don't be a dick." It's kinda like what we were taught when we were 5 yo.

Waiiiiiiit can you explain this? Cause... being a dick is totally legal. And at time's it's something I would encourage.

My personal philosophy is, don't be a dick.... Unless they fucking deserve it. Maybe I'm missing something here so can you explain what you mean Girly?

Also, I'd like to add. Personally I think the freedom of speech is FAR more important than the right to own guns. I get the argument that some postulate that without guns free speech is gone, and yes that historically has been pretty true. But what's your rifle gonna do against a missile. Trust me if they wanted your guns they could take them by force. The US military is pretty brainwashed and will happily murder anyone they are ordered to, even American civilians.

This is of course my biased opinion based on having a psychopathic brainwashed murderous fuck of a father trained to terrorize and beat children by the US Marine Corps. I've seen plenty of other examples of what the military does to soldiers, I'm not talking war I'm talking boot camp. So no I don't blindly trust them. Idk complicated issue. But then Stivil has shown he's not worth talking to. He's kinda an idiot and incapable of nuance or higher order thought and analysts so I'm not sure why you're wasting your time on him @Biker.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
28-08-2017, 09:19 PM
(28-08-2017 09:13 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 09:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is only one fundamental creed upon which we base all others - nemo residio. Our guiding principle for realizing that creed is "Don't be a dick." It's kinda like what we were taught when we were 5 yo.

Waiiiiiiit can you explain this? Cause... being a dick is totally legal. And at time's it's something I would encourage.

My personal philosophy is, don't be a dick.... Unless they fucking deserve it. Maybe I'm missing something here so can you explain what you mean Girly?

No, you just recognize the full recursive equation. The problem is with the unbound terminating condition. Smile

1. Don't be a dick.
2. Unless it's called for.
3. See #1.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-08-2017, 09:22 PM
(28-08-2017 09:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 09:13 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Waiiiiiiit can you explain this? Cause... being a dick is totally legal. And at time's it's something I would encourage.

No, you just recognize the full recursive equation. The problem is with the unbound terminating condition. Smile

1. Don't be a dick.
2. Unless it's called for.
3. See #1.

OK cool, thanks for the clarification Smile

Big Grin
29-08-2017, 12:35 AM
(28-08-2017 05:10 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  When you open that up to change there is no bedrock.
That is why it is so very very rare and only in the most dire of circumstances.

Nice fear-mongering, Mr Not-Childish Dodgy

So would you say a dire circumstance was for example, armed gangs, regular mass shootings and so forth? I can remember a thread here where someone seriously mentioned, offhandedly, that they always went to the movie theater armed in case something went down. That is NOT FUCKING NORMAL.

You may well be able to argue that having guns is necessary, but your incessant bleating about how sacrosanct your constitution is is ridiculous. It is *not* sacrosanct. Unless you come up with a more effective argument and say *why* you're so dead set on maintaining your constitutional right to guns, you'll eventually lose the war of words.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-08-2017, 04:07 AM
(28-08-2017 08:14 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  It's about being free.

There are no laws where you live?

Can someone tell me how dangerous their area is that they need a concealed firearm for protection?

I am very curious.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-08-2017, 04:58 AM
Check out SpotCrime.com for your area.
Keep in mind some police departments choose not to share all their statistics with this site.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

You have to be odd to be #1.
29-08-2017, 05:30 AM
(28-08-2017 09:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Define we.
Officially (which is all that actually matters) the constitution is the legal test that all laws must pass.
As far as whatever feel good head in the clouds credo you are speaking of I'd suggest as the saying goes "put that in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up faster". There is talk and then there are actual laws and rights and freedoms and those are spelled out in black and white. The rest is just babble.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
29-08-2017, 05:31 AM
(29-08-2017 04:07 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 08:14 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  It's about being free.

There are no laws where you live?

Can someone tell me how dangerous their area is that they need a concealed firearm for protection?

I am very curious.

It's not about need. It's about rights.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post