What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 08:47 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(29-08-2017 08:43 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 08:39 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Strawman. I don't recall anyone in this thread (although I'm not about to go through the whole thing to check) advocating that we ban guns. I certainly don't advocate any such thing. I just think it's funny that people like you are so obsessed with your guns, as if you would drop dead immediately if you didn't have them.

I can't see how the suggestion of amending the constitution as being anything other than that. If I misunderstood then so be it.
I don't think that your suggestion that gun owners are obsessed with their guns as being anything but a stereotype. Most people I know own guns and they are no more obsessed with them than they are of their lawn mower.

I said nothing about gun owners in general. You seem to be obsessed with guns.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
29-08-2017, 09:18 AM
(29-08-2017 08:47 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 08:43 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  I can't see how the suggestion of amending the constitution as being anything other than that. If I misunderstood then so be it.
I don't think that your suggestion that gun owners are obsessed with their guns as being anything but a stereotype. Most people I know own guns and they are no more obsessed with them than they are of their lawn mower.

I said nothing about gun owners in general. You seem to be obsessed with guns.

Where did you get that from?
I really can't see how anyone could come away with that impression.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
29-08-2017, 09:52 AM
(29-08-2017 09:18 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 08:47 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I said nothing about gun owners in general. You seem to be obsessed with guns.

Where did you get that from?
I really can't see how anyone could come away with that impression.

Well, let's see. 1/3 of all your posts (and half of your last 60) have been in this thread (a thread about guns), and you have repeatedly drawn a line in the sand regarding the second amendment, as if it's something written in stone that must never under any circumstances be altered. Please forgive me if I get the impression that you're obsessed with guns.

Smile
29-08-2017, 10:26 AM
...obsessed with our right to own and protect that right perhaps.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
29-08-2017, 10:28 AM
(29-08-2017 10:26 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  ...obsessed with our right to own and protect that right perhaps.

Fair enough, but it's funny that nobody seems to get worked up about any of the other 9 items in the Bill of Rights -- only this one.
29-08-2017, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 10:36 AM by BackSlider.)
Wonder why gun ownership is placed as #2 in order of the bill of rights / constitution?

Do you think it's #2 by chance and random or possibly by importance after #1 protecting one's freedom of speech?

You have to be odd to be #1.
29-08-2017, 10:38 AM
(29-08-2017 10:28 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Fair enough, but it's funny that nobody seems to get worked up about any of the other 9 items in the Bill of Rights -- only this one.

To be fair, it does tend to generate an equal and opposite amount of, shall we say, counter-worked up-ness?

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
29-08-2017, 10:38 AM
(29-08-2017 10:33 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Wonder why gun ownership is placed as #2 in order of the constitution?

Do you think it's #2 by chance and random or possibly by importance after #1 protecting one's freedom of speech?

I have no idea how or why they determined the order. But if it's in order of importance, we should be seeing more threads regarding freedom of speech than we do regarding guns. And I'm not seeing that.
29-08-2017, 10:43 AM
(29-08-2017 10:38 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 10:33 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Wonder why gun ownership is placed as #2 in order of the constitution?

I have no idea how or why they determined the order. But if it's in order of importance, we should be seeing more threads regarding freedom of speech than we do regarding guns. And I'm not seeing that.

Are there more gun threads than speech-related threads? It might look that way but "speech" issues get hidden in lots of other political issues- protests, anti-fa, etc.,- so those are still kind of speech topics (IMHO).

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
29-08-2017, 10:44 AM
(29-08-2017 10:26 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  ...obsessed with our right to own and protect that right perhaps.

Yes.
And I'd put it in the same category as an "obsession" with my other constitutional rights. Like free speech.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]