What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 10:45 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(29-08-2017 10:28 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 10:26 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  ...obsessed with our right to own and protect that right perhaps.

Fair enough, but it's funny that nobody seems to get worked up about any of the other 9 items in the Bill of Rights -- only this one.

The subject was Guns.
Challenge free speech or right of assembly and I'll give you an earful about that as well. I wouldn't term it an obsession though. Just strong beliefs. As they should be IMO

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2017, 10:46 AM
(29-08-2017 10:38 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 10:33 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Wonder why gun ownership is placed as #2 in order of the constitution?

Do you think it's #2 by chance and random or possibly by importance after #1 protecting one's freedom of speech?

I have no idea how or why they determined the order. But if it's in order of importance, we should be seeing more threads regarding freedom of speech than we do regarding guns. And I'm not seeing that.

So start one.

29-08-2017, 10:49 AM
(29-08-2017 10:28 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 10:26 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  ...obsessed with our right to own and protect that right perhaps.

Fair enough, but it's funny that nobody seems to get worked up about any of the other 9 items in the Bill of Rights -- only this one.
Well to play devils advocate here do you think that might have something to do with the fact that those other rights aren't perceived to be under assault by one of the nations two largest political entities?

If the government decided to start quartering soldiers in peoples homes or arresting people and convicting them without due process do you you think no one would say anything?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-08-2017, 10:51 AM
(29-08-2017 09:52 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 09:18 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Where did you get that from?
I really can't see how anyone could come away with that impression.

Well, let's see. 1/3 of all your posts (and half of your last 60) have been in this thread (a thread about guns), and you have repeatedly drawn a line in the sand regarding the second amendment, as if it's something written in stone that must never under any circumstances be altered. Please forgive me if I get the impression that you're obsessed with guns.

Smile

I can't really see much on the recent posts page of any substance other than this thread. It's about the only thing I've seen that offers the opportunity for debate.
Or discussion unless i want to just listen to the same old bickering about Trump vs Hillary or Obama. Well it's not 100% that. But damn close.

29-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Deleted to stay on topic.

(Crap! Lost the link I was using)

You have to be odd to be #1.
29-08-2017, 11:10 AM
(29-08-2017 10:49 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 10:28 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Fair enough, but it's funny that nobody seems to get worked up about any of the other 9 items in the Bill of Rights -- only this one.
Well to play devils advocate here do you think that might have something to do with the fact that those other rights aren't perceived to be under assault by one of the nations two largest political entities?

If the government decided to start quartering soldiers in peoples homes or arresting people and convicting them without due process do you you think no one would say anything?

I would agree that there is such a perception, but I think it's mostly paranoia. Before the election, LDH went on and on about how he was voting for Trump because of one issue and one issue only -- Hillary was going to "take away his guns". But I haven't seen any evidence that her views on guns are substantially different from Trump's, and even if she did want to ban guns (haven't seen any evidence of that either), she couldn't do it without a constitutional amendment, and the chance of that actually happening is about the same as the chance of me winning the lottery. They are so afraid of losing their guns that they've drifted well into tin foil hat territory.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
29-08-2017, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 01:12 PM by BikerDude.)
(29-08-2017 11:10 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I would agree that there is such a perception, but I think it's mostly paranoia. Before the election, LDH went on and on about how he was voting for Trump because of one issue and one issue only -- Hillary was going to "take away his guns". But I haven't seen any evidence that her views on guns are substantially different from Trump's, and even if she did want to ban guns (haven't seen any evidence of that either), she couldn't do it without a constitutional amendment, and the chance of that actually happening is about the same as the chance of me winning the lottery. They are so afraid of losing their guns that they've drifted well into tin foil hat territory.

Oh my God.
We agree on something.
Wayne LaPierre's speeches (head of the NRA) literally sound like the ravings of a lunatic.
But you have to take this for what it is. It's not about beliefs it's about strategy.
They know how to divide the electorate and make victims of people and put them on a mission. It's a long term plan.
Guns are just one prong. Sit in one of these "megachurches" and you'll see another set of "victims" who have been put on a mission.
These are called "wedge issues" for a reason.
It's all about overturning our form of government and putting total control in the hands of the wealthy and corporations. The electorate are just pawns.
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches...resser.htm
Now put this together with Fundamentalist Christian lunacy, the military, and the far right and you are starting to see the gumbo that constitutes a serious threat which has in it's latest form resulted in Mr Trump. It's organized as all hell. Nationalistic and determined. These people are on a mission.
They've been working for decades creating this reality distortion device.
They have served up the coolaid and a lot of people have drunk it.
And most of the left will sit around and post pictures of their cat on facebook all day until it's way way way too late.
In a final irony and act of complete pathetic cowardice they will willingly throw away their own freedoms.
They are opposed by gun owners? "Fuck the right to bear arms".
They are opposed by right wing groups? "Fuck their right to assemble and protest".
They don't like the message? "Fuck the right to free speech".
I've heard it said that there will be a "period of quiet" while people figure out what happened and then, as soon as people see what's really going on?
Curtains. Like Independance Day. A stupid movie but it's a dramatic image none the less. The countdown.

Still wanna put the constitution up for revision?
Better get set to fight for every right that we may have left.
When have you ever seen any type of call to arms like this from the left?
The right are Pepsi and the left is Sams Club Cola.
The left are gonna get buried. Annihilated. Because they are still asleep.
They will continue to wag their fingers in people faces and "talk truth to power".
And be laughed at. Crying "you cheated... lier lier pants on fire. Waaaa waaaa waaaaa".
And never get it through their heads that there are no rules in war.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?opti...ival=17650
Quote:Well we are gonna see an acceleration of the policies of neo-liberalism. The long plan for instance to privatize social security. All of this kind of stuff will be on hyper drive. A deification, which you saw on the Trump campaign, of the military, of the police. No tolerance at all for any kind of descent. Even non-violent descent. It will be condemned as forms of terrorism, it will be attacked under the terrorism laws that the Obama and Bush Administrations put into place. There will be a period of quiet while people wait and see. Once its clear, what’s happening. The state is gonna use all the tools at its disposal, to shut down any kind of protest. Its gonna be really ugly.

29-08-2017, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 01:37 PM by Stevil.)
(29-08-2017 08:43 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Most people I know own guns and they are no more obsessed with them than they are of their lawn mower.
Do they belong to lawn mower clubs, take their lawn mower out and practice mowing regularly so that they can become better mower?

Do they take their lawn mowers with them, everywhere they go, just in case?

Do they have more than one lawn mower? A mower for every occassion?
Do they subscribe to Lawnmower magazines?

Do they ever refer to themselves as lawnmower people?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
29-08-2017, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 01:44 PM by BikerDude.)
(29-08-2017 01:33 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 08:43 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Most people I know own guns and they are no more obsessed with them than they are of their lawn mower.
Do they belong to lawn mower clubs, take their lawn mower out and practice mowing regularly so that they can become better mower?

Do they take their lawn mowers with them, everywhere they go, just in case?

Do they have more than one lawn mower? A mower for every occassion?
Do they subscribe to Lawnmower magazines?

Do they ever refer to themselves as lawnmower people?

No and none of the gun owners I know act like that.
A lot do belong to shooting ranges. It's fun.
You should try it.
Don't take up sides!
When will it sink in that this is the point of the entire campaign of bullshit.
Fuck it. Get yourself a gun and go out and plink some shit.
Are you gonna go and shoot somebody?

29-08-2017, 02:37 PM
(29-08-2017 01:39 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Fuck it. Get yourself a gun and go out and plink some shit.
Are you gonna go and shoot somebody?

Hmm... But where's the necessity to have a constitutional right to go and plink at shit with something made for killing?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.