What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Here is the Thing: in the moment- you can't fight. Your brain will not communicate to your body what is happening.

So you are telling me you can never miss and therefore can kill six thugs at close range with out martial arts with only six bullets, yet I can not at all keep in the moment. I can.

(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  The dog that mauled me, I stared dumbfoundedly at what was happening because my brain would not process the info I was seeing.
If I'm taken by surprise - and it only takes seconds - I will not be able to use my gun.

And in situations like that I can get out in close range, and go on the offence. I am my most deadly weapon.

(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  But

Given more than a few seconds and I will.
The difference is my life. No mma fighting would help me

Fair enough.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 06:53 PM
What irritates me is your ignorance over what self defense actually looks like.

Self defense is hiding in your bedroom screaming to an intruder that you've got a gun.

Self defense is hiding in a closet until they come looking.

Self defense is doing everything you can not to shoot someone before you have to.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
03-02-2015, 06:54 PM
(03-02-2015 06:53 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What irritates me is your ignorance over what self defense actually looks like.

Self defense is hiding in your bedroom screaming to an intruder that you've got a gun.

Self defense is hiding in a closet until they come looking.

Self defense is doing everything you can not to shoot someone before you have to.

And I ain't disagree with that. Hell when I said better self defense strategies than guns I did not mean martial arts only. That is why I did not say martial arts.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-02-2015, 06:56 PM
(03-02-2015 06:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Here is the Thing: in the moment- you can't fight. Your brain will not communicate to your body what is happening.

So you are telling me you can never miss and therefore can kill six thugs at close range with out martial arts with only six bullets, yet I can not at all keep in the moment. I can.

(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  The dog that mauled me, I stared dumbfoundedly at what was happening because my brain would not process the info I was seeing.
If I'm taken by surprise - and it only takes seconds - I will not be able to use my gun.

And in situations like that I can get out in close range, and go on the offence. I am my most deadly weapon.

(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  But

Given more than a few seconds and I will.
The difference is my life. No mma fighting would help me

Fair enough.

No. You aren't your most deadliest weapon. You've never been in a situation like that. I promise you. Your Brain shut down

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-02-2015, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 07:01 PM by Chas.)
(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Among people trained in martial arts. That is very few people.

And when they do get in that situation.
Quote:What?

(03-02-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, give it up. You are not the least bit realistic about this.

So you are not going to answer my question about your martial arts training?

I am pointing out that it doesn't fucking matter what I learned 30 or 40 years ago.

Quote:
(03-02-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  I didn't say it did.

"Unless you can disable someone immediately, their weight, strength, and reach will eventually defeat the small and weak."

Unless you meant training as weight,strength, and reach as training, and small and weak as lack of training, how else should some one take it. Explain what you mean?

It meant what it said. Unless your little person with some martial arts training disables a larger, stronger aggressor very quickly, they will likely lose the fight.

Quote:
(03-02-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  You keep going on with the exceptions.

Yeah because when people tell me they did it, when martial artist are taught this, and the ones that don't use it are never in that situation. Yeah, so I am guessing if out of most martial artist that do it succeed and the most others don't and little fail it is only an exception.

The exception is the person with extensive martial arts training.

Quote:
(03-02-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, bullshit. Would you like to test your assertion?

Carry on with your fantasy that people have the health, fitness, and time to be proficient at martial arts. Very few do.

Sure we can test it. On where they attack close range with a gun only, and one close range with martial arts only. 10-5 five feet, maybe closer, with the gun concealed carried.

Right I keep forgetting I live in america, and that fitness is near illegal here.

Fitness is not common - you seem to ignore that. Martial arts is not the solution for most people.

There is nothing that is perfect - there are always scenarios that are no-win.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2015, 07:00 PM
(03-02-2015 06:56 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 06:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So you are telling me you can never miss and therefore can kill six thugs at close range with out martial arts with only six bullets, yet I can not at all keep in the moment. I can.

Fair enough.

No. You aren't your most deadliest weapon. You've never been in a situation like that. I promise you. Your Brain shut down

I have my brother pull a knife on me constantly. How can you tell me what I am and what I am not. You barely know me. I have to think how to not get stabbed a lot. Please don't tell me what I can and can't do.

03-02-2015, 07:11 PM
(03-02-2015 06:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am pointing out that it doesn't fucking matter what I learned 30 or 40 years ago.

It does, I asked this to see if you knew that if you don't practice martial arts in 30 or 40 years, it will go.
[quote]

(03-02-2015 06:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  It meant what it said. Unless your little person with some martial arts training disables a larger, stronger aggressor very quickly, they will likely lose the fight.

You do know it requires patience and timing as well.

(03-02-2015 06:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  The exception is the person with extensive martial arts training.

Tell that to my cousins, who had basic karate training and still can fight more than one person, and disarm someone.

(03-02-2015 06:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fitness is not common - you seem to ignore that. Martial arts is not the solution for most people.

I did say america.

03-02-2015, 07:15 PM
(03-02-2015 07:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 06:56 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  No. You aren't your most deadliest weapon. You've never been in a situation like that. I promise you. Your Brain shut down

I have my brother pull a knife on me constantly. How can you tell me what I am and what I am not. You barely know me. I have to think how to not get stabbed a lot. Please don't tell me what I can and can't do.

Uh huh. So your brother honestly tried to kill you? Several times?

03-02-2015, 07:18 PM
(03-02-2015 07:15 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I have my brother pull a knife on me constantly. How can you tell me what I am and what I am not. You barely know me. I have to think how to not get stabbed a lot. Please don't tell me what I can and can't do.

Uh huh. So your brother honestly tried to kill you? Several times?

Yeah, he has angry problems.

03-02-2015, 07:20 PM
(03-02-2015 07:18 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:15 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Uh huh. So your brother honestly tried to kill you? Several times?

Yeah, he has angry problems.

I'm telling you. That without provocation, without warning your brain would shut down. You woukd not be able to process what was happening in the seconds that it was happening.