What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(29-08-2017 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It doesn't matter what you actually look like, it only matters what I imagine you look like.

Yeah, uh, I tried that with some woman once. Didn't work. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-08-2017, 08:38 PM
(29-08-2017 05:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 05:41 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  The constitution is your friend.

And it can be ammended. You accuse others of wearing rose coloured glasses but without an ammendment you'd still have legal slavery. Hell, even your right to guns is an ammendment. So it's a bit rich to be arguing that it's eternal and unchanging.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that.

I think what's being argued is that being the law of the law, it's best to observe it -- or amend it.
29-08-2017, 08:45 PM
What is my opinion of gun owners?

I'm beginning to suspect there's something really wrong with them, mainly because of their irritability and paranoia. Like cocaine addicts.

Dodgy
29-08-2017, 08:45 PM
(29-08-2017 05:48 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  While this is open to changes the more open to changes it is the less effective it is in providing a check upon pure democracy.
This is why it is purposefully difficult to change.

Of course. But the very fact that the Founding Fathers allowed for changes bespeaks the notion that they well understood -- if you want a lasting nation, you'd better be able to roll with the tides.

Remember, the notion of a written Constitution itself was quite the novelty back then -- and then on top of that, you have the authors of the same document providing a process by which their own vision can be rescinded. That, I think, is the crux of the American Revolution: that we are beholden to no leaders, even our own.

The fetishism over "original intent" is pretty much spitting on original intent, because as the amendment clause itself shows, the Founding Fathers understood that their own views would not stand the test of time. That is exactly why they built the process into the document.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Anyone in countries outside North America a "gun nut" around here?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-08-2017, 08:52 PM
(29-08-2017 08:45 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  What is my opinion of gun owners?

I'm beginning to suspect there's something really wrong with them, mainly because of their irritability and paranoia.

Shocking

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
30-08-2017, 06:28 AM
(29-08-2017 10:33 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Wonder why gun ownership is placed as #2 in order of the bill of rights / constitution?

Do you think it's #2 by chance and random or possibly by importance after #1 protecting one's freedom of speech?

The 2A was meant to provide self-defense forces, the local community forming up into militia units, against Indians, British, and French incursions. The writers weren't worried about how many toys people had, only that the ones with long guns should be ready to protect everybody's lives. Please don't even try to make it sound like they were defending anybody's right to have 258 handguns.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
30-08-2017, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see as many guns as possible out of the hands of as many people as possible as soon as possible. I have one friend who does not feel safe without one. I'm pretty sure she could qualify to carry one under a much tougher gun law than the joke we now have. I don't care how impractical it may be to get them 'off the streets' and out of the hands of gang members and criminals. If we start by taking away the presumption that every one is entitled to carry or possess it could only help.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle