What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 07:09 AM by bemore.)
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
I would not say that krav maga is more powerful than any other martial arts zeke. I used to study krav maga, it is simply more direct.

We got taught how to disarm people, we used to take in our own objects to practise with. We also got taught how to disarm people with guns and assault rifles (even though guns are illegal in the uk and it would be rare to be put in that situation) Yet if somebody did approach me with a gun, no matter how recklessly they had control over where they were pointing it and no matter how close they were to me, i would not attempt to disarm them.

The thing is, you can only really learn to fight, by actually having loads of real fights. I dont care how much training or discipline you have.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 07:06 AM
(03-02-2015 06:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Here is the Thing: in the moment- you can't fight. Your brain will not communicate to your body what is happening.

So you are telling me you can never miss and therefore can kill six thugs at close range with out martial arts with only six bullets, yet I can not at all keep in the moment. I can.

(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  The dog that mauled me, I stared dumbfoundedly at what was happening because my brain would not process the info I was seeing.
If I'm taken by surprise - and it only takes seconds - I will not be able to use my gun.

And in situations like that I can get out in close range, and go on the offence. I am my most deadly weapon.

(03-02-2015 06:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  But

Given more than a few seconds and I will.
The difference is my life. No mma fighting would help me

Fair enough.

Ya know what happens once you shoot one of the six thugs? They flee. Only someone high would continue to approach once the shots were fired. Most robbers and assailants are cowards. They aren't trained fighters/marines/army, etc. they aren't gonna hunker down behind something and try to shoot you. They are most likely going to flee - even if they have guns themselves.

A 65 year old woman chased out 5 armed robbers (the had guns too) from a jewelry store by firing at them. They turned tail and ran.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
04-02-2015, 07:09 AM
(03-02-2015 07:21 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:20 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm telling you. That without provocation, without warning your brain would shut down. You woukd not be able to process what was happening in the seconds that it was happening.

And I am telling you it didn't. What do you not like the fact it does not shut down?

Then you are an idiot if you honestly put yourself in the danger of being around him a second time.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
04-02-2015, 07:20 AM
I know TWO guys who got shot by their wife/girlfriend - and they BOTH still live with the women in question.....

For the life of me, I can NEVER figure that out.

If I survived that - she'd be in prison or "otherwise indisposed". No way she's getting a second shot...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-02-2015, 01:12 PM
(04-02-2015 07:06 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ya know what happens once you shoot one of the six thugs? They flee. Only someone high would continue to approach once the shots were fired. Most robbers and assailants are cowards. They aren't trained fighters/marines/army, etc. they aren't gonna hunker down behind something and try to shoot you. They are most likely going to flee - even if they have guns themselves.

A 65 year old woman chased out 5 armed robbers (the had guns too) from a jewelry store by firing at them. They turned tail and ran.

Alright lets be real.

A. You a responding to a point where I said fair enough, meaning that point I pretty much gave you

B. Tell that to gangs like the crips, who pretty much would die for the gang. So if that meant being shot they would do it, for the gang. Thugs in gangs have an honor code in said gang. So if a bunch a crips wanted to jump you and you shot they would keep coming. I have been in a gang area for a while, thugs don't run.

(04-02-2015 07:09 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Then you are an idiot if you honestly put yourself in the danger of being around him a second time.

Yeah I am an idiot, because when I live in a small house and somebody is close to me with a knife and I defend my self by taking it, I am an idiot. Maybe I should do what smart people do and get stabbed, you know that is what smart people do when there is no where to hide and you are in danger.

Also I live with him, so I can't get away when he goes crazy in the house.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-02-2015, 01:14 PM
(03-02-2015 07:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 06:56 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  No. You aren't your most deadliest weapon. You've never been in a situation like that. I promise you. Your Brain shut down

I have my brother pull a knife on me constantly. How can you tell me what I am and what I am not. You barely know me. I have to think how to not get stabbed a lot. Please don't tell me what I can and can't do.

Your brother pulls a knife on you constantly and you allow him to be in the same room as you why? Sounds like either your brother isn't actually trying to kill you because if he was, you would be going to the police, not just disarming him and allowing him to continue to threaten your life.

So either you are incredibly stupid, or you don't really feel like your life is in danger...which makes moot everything you said about acting in that situation.

04-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Moving somewhere else never crossed your mind????

It sure would mine....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-02-2015, 01:21 PM
(04-02-2015 01:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  B. Tell that to gangs like the crips, who pretty much would die for the gang. So if that meant being shot they would do it, for the gang. Thugs in gangs have an honor code in said gang. So if a bunch a crips wanted to jump you and you shot they would keep coming. I have been in a gang area for a while, thugs don't run.

Not necessarily. If a bunch of gang members are trying to jump me - it really doesn't matter what I do, does it? At least I'm going to TRY to go down swinging instead of committing suicide by taking on "the gang" with anything other than a gun. I'm going to take my chances that they may flee. Further - I think you are making shit up.

You live in a gang area? So move! I mean, honestly. You act like such a helpless victim in all this. If you live in a bad area..move to an area that isn't known for gangs. I live in upstate new York. Not a single gang here in my little factory town.

And you also act like you have no control over your brother. If he is honestly threatening your life. Go to the police. Get a restraining order. Are you a minor? Can you find no one else to live with other than a knife welding relative?

Quote:Yeah I am an idiot, because when I live in a small house and somebody is close to me with a knife and I defend my self by taking it, I am an idiot. Maybe I should do what smart people do and get stabbed, you know that is what smart people do when there is no where to hide and you are in danger.

Also I live with him, so I can't get away when he goes crazy in the house.

You are an idiot by not going ot the police, and by continuing to live in the house. As if you have no choice. You ALWAYS have a choice. And if you filed a restraining order - then HE couldn't live in the house anymore. You would continue to.

04-02-2015, 01:26 PM
(04-02-2015 01:14 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Your brother pulls a knife on you constantly and you allow him to be in the same room as you why? Sounds like either your brother isn't actually trying to kill you because if he was, you would be going to the police, not just disarming him and allowing him to continue to threaten your life.

So either you are incredibly stupid, or you don't really feel like your life is in danger...which makes moot everything you said about acting in that situation.

If he is not trying to kill, he is trying to hurt, he is that real, he will strike. Also we talk across the room and I say something that usually doesn't make him mad and then he gets mad and he would attack.

Also if I am no where near a phone who do I call the police? May I should use psychic powers that I don't have to stop time and call the cops before he attacks.
That works, and because of this he stopped.

To me it seems as if you don't like the fact I can defend myself in deadly situations. Why? So to you I am NEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEER ever supposed to defend my self from someone trying to kill me with knife,gun, bat, fist, etc and win because why?

Look if you are calling me an idiot because you don't want any one to get hurt, then I thank you. However I have to do what I have to do, and sometimes you will have to fight and there will be no way to get help.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-02-2015, 01:33 PM
(04-02-2015 01:26 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 01:14 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Your brother pulls a knife on you constantly and you allow him to be in the same room as you why? Sounds like either your brother isn't actually trying to kill you because if he was, you would be going to the police, not just disarming him and allowing him to continue to threaten your life.

If he is not trying to kill, he is trying to hurt, he is that real, he will strike. Also we talk across the room and I say something that usually doesn't make him mad and then he gets mad and he would attack.

Also if I am no where near a phone who do I call the police? May I should use psychic powers that I don't have to stop time and call the cops before he attacks.
That works, and because of this he stopped.

To me it seems as if you don't like the fact I can defend myself in deadly situations. Why? So to you I am NEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEER ever supposed to defend my self from someone trying to kill me with knife,gun, bat, fist, etc and win because why?

Look if you are calling me an idiot because you don't want any one to get hurt, then I thank you. However I have to do what I have to do, and sometimes you will have to fight and there will be no way to get help.

what? I never said you aren't suppose to defend yourself. What I'm saying is that after the attack, you leave the house and go to the police. You said this happens, "constantly." I'm calling you an idiot because your excuse for allowing someone to abuse you is that you couldn't get to the phone. Because he is your brother. because you live with him.

You are not powerless. Get up. Leave. Go to the police. Stop living with him.