What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 01:47 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(04-02-2015 01:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Not necessarily. If a bunch of gang members are trying to jump me - it really doesn't matter what I do, does it? At least I'm going to TRY to go down swinging instead of committing suicide by taking on "the gang" with anything other than a gun. I'm going to take my chances that they may flee. Further - I think you are making shit up.

So thugs don't die for the gang? Okay. The rest about the fleeing and stuff fair point, I coincide to that one.
(04-02-2015 01:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You live in a gang area? So move! I mean, honestly. You act like such a helpless victim in all this. If you live in a bad area..move to an area that isn't known for gangs. I live in upstate new York. Not a single gang here in my little factory town.

I did say a while right? Like the word while was in there? Because it was. I said I live there for a while not that I live there. So I ain't playing victim, and never was it the victim card. Seriously come on, I put a while there for a reason. A while does not imply I still do.

(04-02-2015 01:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  And you also act like you have no control over your brother. If he is honestly threatening your life. Go to the police. Get a restraining order. Are you a minor? Can you find no one else to live with other than a knife welding relative?

I don't have much. I can't call the police when I am near no phone. I can't get a restraining order when I am dead. I am 18 yet I just turned 18 two weeks ago and I still don't have a job or a car, and living on the streets ain't better. And only person I can live with is my mom. My dad won't take me, and the rest of my family is non-existent and will not take me in. and foster care, I am 18 who wants and 18 year old? At that point it ain't even raising a kid. So no I have no wear else to go. And besides, my bother likes knives, but he is much better now.

(04-02-2015 01:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You are an idiot by not going ot the police, and by continuing to live in the house. As if you have no choice. You ALWAYS have a choice. And if you filed a restraining order - then HE couldn't live in the house anymore. You would continue to.

Um with no phone around I can't call the police.

And let me lay something down now. When I was young and stupid, when I was even more suicidal than I was a year ago and would hurt myself, and was hoped up on jesus juice, I did some stupid shit. Shit so stupid that when the cops realize it was just my brother sister and I with no mom, he would not be going my mom would. I ain't going to go into that because when if I do I would would get to upset with myself. So no the cops where not an option.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 02:15 PM by Cathym112.)
(14-06-1970 10:59 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 01:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You are an idiot by not going ot the police, and by continuing to live in the house. As if you have no choice. You ALWAYS have a choice. And if you filed a restraining order - then HE couldn't live in the house anymore. You would continue to.

Um with no phone around I can't call the police.

And let me lay something down now. When I was young and stupid, when I was even more suicidal than I was a year ago and would hurt myself, and was hoped up on jesus juice, I did some stupid shit. Shit so stupid that when the cops realize it was just my brother sister and I with no mom, he would not be going my mom would. I ain't going to go into that because when if I do I would would get to upset with myself. So no the cops where not an option.

You have no phone but you have the internet? Do you not have legs? Ya know, those things that dangle from your hips? You can walk to the police station. Or a neighbors house to use their phone. Seriously dude. There is no way you are going to play victim yet refuse to extricate yourself from a bad situation.

You are 18. Get a job. A minimum wage job. You can look up craigslist and find someone looking for a roommate in your budget. Living with someone who threatens your life "constantly" shouldn't be an option. Either you are a victim, or a volunteer. Your choice.

Do you know how restraining orders work? You don't get them during an attack. You get them after. Your brother attacks you. You survived. You aren't dead. So get off your butt, and walk to the nearest police station. If you live in that gang area, there should be plenty of cops around. Go find one. You are not a helpless victim. Move your ass. Then, when you get the police station, you press charges. Since it was with a deadly weapon, your brother will go to jail. He will not get out until after he is arraigned and bail is set. When he does get out, he cannot return ot the house.

What the fuck is your mom doing? Sitting there with her thumb up her ass? If she is than you don't need her either.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh but I can't stand it when people bemoan their situation and then do nothing about it. I can't stand it when people allow themselves to be victimized because they aren't willing to believe they deserve better.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
04-02-2015, 02:15 PM
(04-02-2015 02:04 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You have no phone but you have the internet? Do you not have legs? Ya know, those things that dangle from your hips? You can walk to the police station. Or a neighbors house to use their phone. Seriously dude. There is no way you are going to play victim yet refuse to extricate yourself from a bad situation.

I do have legs, I throw a mean ass round house. Joking aside man, sometimes you just can't reach the phone. I don't have phones everywhere, so if I am somewhere there is no phone and I can't run past him in my small house what will I do? Sometimes you have to fight, whether you want to or not.
(04-02-2015 02:04 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You are 18. Get a job. A minimum wage job.

I am looking into petsmart.
(04-02-2015 02:04 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You can look up craigslist and find someone looking for a roommate in your budget. Living with someone who threatens your life "constantly" shouldn't be an option. Either you are a victim, or a volunteer. Your choice.

I did say he got better right? I remember me saying that twice in two different post. The fact that I defended myself did stop him. My choice was to take him down and it worked. End of story. No problems afterwards, I can live with him now. Does he have his springs of violence? Sure, but he does not attack anyone ever. I love my brother cause he can change. And that is not to say when I get a roommate on craigslist he won't be even more batshit crazy.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-02-2015, 02:18 PM
(04-02-2015 02:15 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I did say he got better right? I remember me saying that twice in two different post. The fact that I defended myself did stop him. My choice was to take him down and it worked. End of story. No problems afterwards, I can live with him now. Does he have his springs of violence? Sure, but he does not attack anyone ever. I love my brother cause he can change. And that is not to say when I get a roommate on craigslist he won't be even more batshit crazy.

*sigh* You said that he threatens you constantly. Getting better? Thats some battered spouse shit. You deserve to live in a home where you don't have to be threatened. And in one where those who threatened you in the past no longer can.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
04-02-2015, 02:53 PM
(04-02-2015 02:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 02:15 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I did say he got better right? I remember me saying that twice in two different post. The fact that I defended myself did stop him. My choice was to take him down and it worked. End of story. No problems afterwards, I can live with him now. Does he have his springs of violence? Sure, but he does not attack anyone ever. I love my brother cause he can change. And that is not to say when I get a roommate on craigslist he won't be even more batshit crazy.

*sigh* You said that he threatens you constantly. Getting better? Thats some battered spouse shit. You deserve to live in a home where you don't have to be threatened. And in one where those who threatened you in the past no longer can.

He is, he doesn't back up those threats. We all threaten each other, the problem is when we do it. I love my home. Just because of a incident does not mean it is bad. We all grow and learn and my brothers the same.

04-02-2015, 06:47 PM
We live in a modified A-frame house. If someone where to break in - and the concern would be late at night when I am home alone since my husband and son are at work - I could step out of the bedroom upstairs with the shotgun and can see into every room downstairs except the bathroom. I think I would prefer to be on the landing with a full view of the whole first floor.

I am certainly not going to come downstairs to Kung Fu some joker who has broken in.

My husband says he can't think of anything scarier than the sound of a shotgun being pumped and looking up to see it held by a woman.

I doubt I would have to fire a shot. I think the sound and the visual would be much more effective than me striking some martial arts pose.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-02-2015, 04:29 AM
(04-02-2015 06:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We live in a modified A-frame house. If someone where to break in - and the concern would be late at night when I am home alone since my husband and son are at work - I could step out of the bedroom upstairs with the shotgun and can see into every room downstairs except the bathroom. I think I would prefer to be on the landing with a full view of the whole first floor.

I am certainly not going to come downstairs to Kung Fu some joker who has broken in.

My husband says he can't think of anything scarier than the sound of a shotgun being pumped and looking up to see it held by a woman.

I doubt I would have to fire a shot. I think the sound and the visual would be much more effective than me striking some martial arts pose.

Experts I've talked to agree - the sound of a shotgun's action being cycled is not worth the "scare effect".

Why?

One -- a round should already be chambered, safety on. Don't bring an unloaded gun to a gunfight - sometimes split seconds count.

Two - you just gave away tactical information by betraying your position, and likely armament.

Better than scaring an intruder--- shoot the bastard from concealment or cover and make it the biggest (and last) surprise of his life.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-02-2015, 07:11 AM
(05-02-2015 04:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 06:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We live in a modified A-frame house. If someone where to break in - and the concern would be late at night when I am home alone since my husband and son are at work - I could step out of the bedroom upstairs with the shotgun and can see into every room downstairs except the bathroom. I think I would prefer to be on the landing with a full view of the whole first floor.

Experts I've talked to agree - the sound of a shotgun's action being cycled is not worth the "scare effect".

Why?

One -- a round should already be chambered, safety on. Don't bring an unloaded gun to a gunfight - sometimes split seconds count.

Two - you just gave away tactical information by betraying your position, and likely armament.

Better than scaring an intruder--- shoot the bastard from concealment or cover and make it the biggest (and last) surprise of his life.

I agree with you on all but the last part. She would already give away her general position when she yelled for the intruder to get out of her home, that she had a gun and that the cops were called.

However, not everyone wants the trauma of killing someone. What the fuck do you think all those veterans have PTSD over? From killing people and almost being killed.

[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
05-02-2015, 08:44 AM
(05-02-2015 04:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Why?

In some jurisdictions, that would land you in deep doo-doo.

Know your laws and identify the threat before pulling the trigger.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2015, 08:46 AM
I don't have an opinion on "gun owners". They are as diverse a collection of people as any other.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user