What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2015, 08:57 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
Here in Michigan - You simply have to perceive what a reasonable person would consider an "immediate threat" to life or body.... You're free to use any and all force - up to and including deadly force to negate the threat.

I've only seen a couple of instances where the defender got in serious trouble. Last one, a guy who shot THROUGH a closed door.......

Reason he got in trouble? Not an IMMEDIATE threat..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Ahh, gun thread...yay.

Well, my opinion is not popular, as usual. but here it goes.

My opinion of guns: I think they ought to not exist (but recognize that it's impossible to undo what has been done). They are terrible, disgusting inventions that make killing far too easy. I don't want anything to do with them. Similar to Bemore, I think the arbitrary line on what killing device is acceptable on your person is ridiculous. It's almost a paradox to me. A world that I would be okay with guns being in the hands of the average person, would be a world where the average person would never need a gun. My one exception would be hunting rifles, used for actual hunting. My ideas for change.....would be too unpopular for me to take the time to lay them out.....

My opinion of gun owners: Meh, they made a choice to do something that I am against. What else is new? 99.9% of the world does at least one thing I am against, I'm sure. Just as I can have a best friend who is a Christian, I could have a best friend who is a gun owner (as long as they didn't own with malicious intent, were very responsible). There is more to life, and to a person, than just one thing.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
01-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Does this answer your question?.....
[Image: VPE4mjf.jpg]AngelBig GrinTongueRolleyes

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
[+] 2 users Like Twiggy's post
01-06-2017, 10:15 PM
1. I don't give a shit if you own guns.

2. I don't give a shit about your guns when you show them off.

01-06-2017, 11:13 PM
I have no real problem with guns. In the hands of train response able people they can be fun and useful.

But I just find it bizarre that we require people to take classes, and tests prior to owning a car and even more so with motorcycles and trucks. But a person can walk into a gun show and walk out with it the same day. I would imagine people would feel more comfortable knowing a person buying the gun was in the right state of mind. If a person wished to buy a fully automatic rifle having the proper license prior to the purchase could (in my mind) negate many of the more violent offenders.

The second amendment is a thing. But the constitution is a living document that is made to be altered and adjusted with the the times.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
02-06-2017, 03:20 AM
(26-01-2015 05:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What is your opinion of gun ownership?

Yeah, sure.

Keep it safely and treat it well etc.

Have fun with your hobby just like every body else.

Thumbsup
02-06-2017, 04:07 AM
I live in the UK, and my dad used to own a shotgun. He had a license for it, which you have to apply for and can be denied via the police, and the rules state the gun needs to be held in a metal container outside of your house, whilst the ammo is held separately inside the house.

Generally it was fine, he used it for hunting, and very rarely had it out for me to see. He later got rid of it once he stopped hunting, and wasn't really bothered either way. Personally, I think it's fine, if there are rules/regulations to prevent as much harm as possible, [which in fairness would be to not allow guns at all], but as long as people are vetted for criminal records and mental health issues, I don't see why it'd be an issue.

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
02-06-2017, 05:12 AM
(06-02-2015 07:01 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Ahh, gun thread...yay.

Well, my opinion is not popular, as usual. but here it goes.

My opinion of guns: I think they ought to not exist (but recognize that it's impossible to undo what has been done). They are terrible, disgusting inventions that make killing far too easy. I don't want anything to do with them. Similar to Bemore, I think the arbitrary line on what killing device is acceptable on your person is ridiculous. It's almost a paradox to me. A world that I would be okay with guns being in the hands of the average person, would be a world where the average person would never need a gun. My one exception would be hunting rifles, used for actual hunting. My ideas for change.....would be too unpopular for me to take the time to lay them out.....

My opinion of gun owners: Meh, they made a choice to do something that I am against. What else is new? 99.9% of the world does at least one thing I am against, I'm sure. Just as I can have a best friend who is a Christian, I could have a best friend who is a gun owner (as long as they didn't own with malicious intent, were very responsible). There is more to life, and to a person, than just one thing.

We do not live in a utopia. Some people do have them to protect themselves from wild animals. Some people do have them for protection. I think it is wrong to always object to everything in all contexts.

My problem is more a matter of how weapons are viewed and blindly worshiped and how one lobby the NRA markets fear to protect the profits of the weapons factories.

I do think that far too many think going into even legal buys that all it takes is no record at time of buy. That is a false sense of security. Most firearm injuries and deaths occur with the user and or someone the user is familiar with. Suicides and domestic injuries and death are far more likely than a stranger on stranger conflict.

I do agree that firearms make it far easier to injure and kill. But we have to be pragmatic about what we can objectively change.

I don't think enough of society understands the difference between mere target shooting, and use of firearms under stress. The ability, for say cops or military to hit the right target while being confronted, requires constant muscle training and stress training.

Having said that, I am NOT for a ban on every single firearm. Sure you don't need a spray riffle with a huge clip, nor any big clip. I also don't think you need to stockpile weapons as if we were being invaded by North Korea. But I am realistic that people will want something regardless. I am simply for more safety, better vetting, but not an all out ban.

I really wish the far right NRA loons would be put in their place. Liberals own firearms too, but the difference is the liberal firearm owners accept America has a firearm violence problem.

The other bullshit argument the loons on the far right make is that it is a urban problem. Just yesterday in my state in a boondock county TWO white brothers were arrested for shooting and killing another driver in a fight over an accident.

But still, there is no such thing as a utopia. I think what also can help is better investment in mental health care, better wages for workers, better education for all.

The problem started back in the late 1970s when the NRA got hijacked and raped and went from a rights/safety organization and was taken over by fear profiteers. If it still was the safety org it started out as I would support it. But now it is nothing but another corporate lobby heat shield.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2017, 05:24 AM
(01-06-2017 10:15 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  1. I don't give a shit if you own guns.

2. I don't give a shit about your guns when you show them off.

I do, and this hits close to home for me. My dad when I was a 6 or 7, he bought his handgun legally had no record at time of buy, but one day got drunk off his ass and fired it with me in the room. I was lucky. 36,000 dead from use of firearms aren't so lucky.

And I do give a shit if you are parading around in public with one. I have no way of knowing who you are, or what your mental state is, and if I dont see some type of uniform for a job, why should I assume you are sane?

The Dallas shooting happened during a protest were far right nuts were carrying riffles openly, that bullshit slowed down law enforcement from finding the bad guy quicker because they had to stop and check everyone who had one.

The sane gun owners I talk to don't brag about it or parade them around in public. The sane gun owners I know keep them at home locked up. But even with that people like my dad do manage to do stupid things with them after a legal purchase.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
02-06-2017, 05:27 AM
I used to own a pair of .22s I'd use on occasion to plink off tin cans and bottles at the local range. Sold them years ago. Don't miss them one bit.

Still can't understand why some people get so lathered up about owning them.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post