What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(02-06-2017 12:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Trolling.

Sorry you can't figure out where you're wrong and resort to "trolling" as a fall back. Sad that you might be the cause of someone's death some day because you are so certain, and so wrong, that your guns are safe.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
02-06-2017, 12:11 PM
(02-06-2017 12:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Some I like, some I don't like; some I trust, some I don't trust.

I don't look at them as a group, but instead deal with the individual at face value.

Yep. I know lots of safe gun owners. I know a few idiotic gun owners. I don't know any "generic gun owner" any more than I know a generic atheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
02-06-2017, 12:15 PM
(02-06-2017 12:10 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Trolling.

Sorry you can't figure out where you're wrong and resort to "trolling" as a fall back. Sad that you might be the cause of someone's death some day because you are so certain, and so wrong, that your guns are safe.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2017, 12:16 PM
(02-06-2017 12:15 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:10 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Sorry you can't figure out where you're wrong and resort to "trolling" as a fall back. Sad that you might be the cause of someone's death some day because you are so certain, and so wrong, that your guns are safe.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion.

And you're entitled to a gun safety class.
02-06-2017, 12:39 PM
I've been to quite a few classes both military and civilian.
02-06-2017, 12:41 PM
In my local area there has been a rash of car break-ins, and it's not uncommon for the thieves to make off with a gun that was kept in the car.
Rolleyes

I don't have a problem with gun owners, you're free to own a gun if you want one. But I think it's mostly unnecessary and there are other non-lethal options for self-defense.

My biggest exposure to gun owners was my dad, though, and he's a gun nut. He taught us how to fire guns and how to take care of them. Firing guns on the range is fun, but beyond that I don't feel the need to have one.

Especially when it's more likely to be stolen or used against you than you use it in self-defense.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
02-06-2017, 12:44 PM
(02-06-2017 12:39 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I've been to quite a few classes both military and civilian.

Take one that will sink in, please.
02-06-2017, 12:47 PM
(02-06-2017 12:41 PM)Emma Wrote:  In my local area there has been a rash of car break-ins, and it's not uncommon for the thieves to make off with a gun that was kept in the car.
Rolleyes

I don't have a problem with gun owners, you're free to own a gun if you want one. But I think it's mostly unnecessary and there are other non-lethal options for self-defense.

My biggest exposure to gun owners was my dad, though, and he's a gun nut. He taught us how to fire guns and how to take care of them. Firing guns on the range is fun, but beyond that I don't feel the need to have one.

Especially when it's more likely to be stolen or used against you than you use it in self-defense.
This.

I've been an owner and shooter since 1965. The one-legged Marine that taught me how to shoot made me earn it. I spent one whole summer keeping his barn in shape before I ever touched a gun. When I was on active duty there were times I needed a gun, and times I didn't. Never had one when it wasn't needed.
02-06-2017, 12:56 PM
(02-06-2017 12:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:39 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I've been to quite a few classes both military and civilian.

Take one that will sink in, please.

They have sunk in. You need to get off your high horse.
02-06-2017, 01:00 PM
(02-06-2017 12:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Take one that will sink in, please.

They have sunk in. You need to get off your high horse.

You don't keep your guns safe after saying you do. That's a low horse, sir.