• 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 06:52 AM
What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
You sound like a superhero.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 06:52 AM)KUSA Wrote:  You sound like a superhero.

Bullshit, I'm just a guy who got good training. Let's meet, I'll show you. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 06:59 AM
What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 06:55 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Bullshit, I'm just a guy who got good training. Let's meet, I'll show you. Drinking Beverage

You sound scary.
03-06-2017, 07:08 AM
(03-06-2017 06:59 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 06:55 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Bullshit, I'm just a guy who got good training. Let's meet, I'll show you. Drinking Beverage

You sound scary.
And you sound stupid. Bye.
03-06-2017, 07:25 AM
(03-06-2017 06:55 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

The training I've received was more to the tune of "If you're in control of a small arm designed to engage targets anywhere from 10 feet to 2 miles away and the fight goes hand to hand, then you've fucked up and by that point the winner is whoever gets to his sidearm first, or whoever's buddy shows up (with a rifle).

Even modern army combatives, which is based heavily on mixed martial arts, makes one critical modification. Once you obtain the upper hand, whether it be a standing position or ground control, you don't go for a knockout or submission, you go for your sidearm.

Alas, I accept that things may have changed since the days when you were in and we were fighting with swords and arrows and stuff Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
03-06-2017, 07:34 AM
(03-06-2017 07:25 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 06:55 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Bullshit, I'm just a guy who got good training. Let's meet, I'll show you. Drinking Beverage

The training I've received was more to the tune of "If you're in control of a small arm designed to engage targets anywhere from 10 feet to 2 miles away and the fight goes hand to hand, then you've fucked up and by that point the winner is whoever gets to his sidearm first, or whoever's buddy shows up (with a rifle).

Even modern army combatives, which is based heavily on mixed martial arts, makes one critical modification. Once you obtain the upper hand, whether it be a standing position or ground control, you don't go for a knockout or submission, you go for your sidearm.

Alas, I accept that things may have changed since the days when you were in and we were fighting with swords and arrows and stuff Tongue
I swung twin .50s for a couple of years. No chicken shield, that's cheating. My training, before I joined the Navy, consisted of "unrestricted violence". It really works. .50s don't work very well in an apartment.
03-06-2017, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 07:41 AM by jennybee.)
I keep reading this thread as "What is your opinion of Gwynnie." Damn you, Cantor Tongue Laugh out load

My opinion: I believe in the right to protect myself as I see fit. I'm a woman and a gun, imo, can help level the playing field in the event of an attack by a man or men. I do believe in responsible gun ownership and reasonable regulations for gun owners. I believe in living a peaceful, zen-like existence, and I wish we lived in a world that having a conversation about guns was nonexistent--but unfortunately, we don't live in a utopia and as such, I believe in being proactive about my safety.

Also, Gwynnie rocks Tongue
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
03-06-2017, 07:44 AM
(03-06-2017 07:34 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 07:25 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The training I've received was more to the tune of "If you're in control of a small arm designed to engage targets anywhere from 10 feet to 2 miles away and the fight goes hand to hand, then you've fucked up and by that point the winner is whoever gets to his sidearm first, or whoever's buddy shows up (with a rifle).

I swung twin .50s for a couple of years. No chicken shield, that's cheating. My training, before I joined the Navy, consisted of "unrestricted violence". It really works. .50s don't work very well in an apartment.

If they're still in it and you're not, and collateral damage isn't a concern... Just saying Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-06-2017, 07:53 AM
(03-06-2017 07:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I keep reading this thread as "What is your opinion of Gwynnie." Damn you, Cantor Tongue Laugh out load

My opinion: I believe in the right to protect myself as I see fit. I'm a woman and a gun, imo, can help level the playing field in the event of an attack by a man or men. I do believe in responsible gun ownership and reasonable regulations for gun owners. I believe in living a peaceful, zen-like existence, and I wish we lived in a world that having a conversation about guns was nonexistent--but unfortunately, we don't live in a utopia and as such, I believe in being proactive about my safety.

Also, Gwynnie rocks Tongue

Have you ever shot someone? Do you know you can do it?
03-06-2017, 07:54 AM
(03-06-2017 07:44 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 07:34 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I swung twin .50s for a couple of years. No chicken shield, that's cheating. My training, before I joined the Navy, consisted of "unrestricted violence". It really works. .50s don't work very well in an apartment.

If they're still in it and you're not, and collateral damage isn't a concern... Just saying Tongue

Ma Deuce can kill at four miles*, so being in the apartment or hauling ass down I-70, don't matter much.

*USAAF air gunners' training manual. (And no, that's not an aimed shot.)