What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Sailor Moon said:
Quote:Have you ever shot someone? Do you know you can do it?

Maybe she needs some of your training so she can be superhuman too.

PS: I like your outfit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 07:58 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 07:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 07:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I keep reading this thread as "What is your opinion of Gwynnie." Damn you, Cantor Tongue Laugh out load

My opinion: I believe in the right to protect myself as I see fit. I'm a woman and a gun, imo, can help level the playing field in the event of an attack by a man or men. I do believe in responsible gun ownership and reasonable regulations for gun owners. I believe in living a peaceful, zen-like existence, and I wish we lived in a world that having a conversation about guns was nonexistent--but unfortunately, we don't live in a utopia and as such, I believe in being proactive about my safety.

Also, Gwynnie rocks Tongue

Have you ever shot someone? Do you know you can do it?

I've never shot someone, but I know I could and would do it and would not hesitate if someone was trying to harm or kill me. While not the same thing, I did get into a pretty bad fist fight with someone when I was working as a store detective in college in a shitty inner city. This lady was high on something and would have killed me (if I let her) or if someone didn't intervene. I would have had no problem slamming her head into the ground if she was trying to kill me and no one stepped in.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-06-2017, 08:03 AM
(03-06-2017 07:57 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Sailor Moon said:
Quote:Have you ever shot someone? Do you know you can do it?

Maybe she needs some of your training so she can be superhuman too.

PS: I like your outfit.

My dad, brother, and sister were in the military and my brother-in-law is a Marine, so I get ample training Thumbsup
03-06-2017, 08:08 AM
I think Jenny is awesome!
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
03-06-2017, 08:10 AM
(03-06-2017 06:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 02:30 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  Nice article, and we probably agree on more than we disagree about concerning gun control in the US, only that this statement:

...leads me to believe that you probably have never personally experienced a home invasion (armed or unarmed). Which is fine, and my personal anecdote should be regarded as such. This is a highly personal subject, not unlike pro-life versus pro-choice (which I'll also always err to the side of "choice" on). I think the NRA is throwing gasoline on a fire that's rampant in our country, but there are still some issues that emotion overules, especially when you've experienced it on a personal level ...and this is one for me.

Except for a yearly cleaning, guns have zero role in my life. I now live in a great neighborhood, I have no children (nor any who ever visit), so it isn't much of an issue anymore.

I truly respect where you are coming from, it's just not a philosophy I share, and there's nothing wrong with that. The 1% of stuff we might disagree on doesn't make me lose any sleep.
I used to teach violence in the Navy. I was rather good at it. I don't need a gun to slaughter someone, something I've proved more than once.

I take Krav Maga as well. I also carry a key chain with a hidden knife on it and pepper spray. And I have 4 large dogs. If gun ownership is a possibility, and I properly train myself and am responsible with it, why not use that to protect myself even further?
03-06-2017, 08:17 AM
That Krav Maga is some deadly shit right there. Remind me not to piss you off Jenny. Wink
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
03-06-2017, 08:35 AM
I lead a very peaceful, pleasant life and abhor violence. I spend much of my time in my gardens and playing with my 4 dogs.

I plan to keep it that way. I have a gun, a rifle, a police canine (fully trained German Shepherd) and a Great Dane who takes her clues from the Shepherd who raised her.

My advice to you: "Don't disturb my peace." My 4 prong defense will get you, even if I look just like another old woman and easy prey to you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
03-06-2017, 08:49 AM
(03-06-2017 08:08 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I think Jenny is awesome!

I would prefer to maintain my zen-ness, but I'm a Bostonian Irish chick, we're scrappy people Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-06-2017, 08:52 AM
(03-06-2017 07:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 07:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Have you ever shot someone? Do you know you can do it?

I've never shot someone, but I know I could and would do it and would not hesitate if someone was trying to harm or kill me. While not the same thing, I did get into a pretty bad fist fight with someone when I was working as a store detective in college in a shitty inner city. This lady was high on something and would have killed me (if I let her) or if someone didn't intervene. I would have had no problem slamming her head into the ground if she was trying to kill me and no one stepped in.

You don't know until it happens. If you can't you're just a gun donor.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 08:53 AM
(03-06-2017 08:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  I lead a very peaceful, pleasant life and abhor violence. I spend much of my time in my gardens and playing with my 4 dogs.

I plan to keep it that way. I have a gun, a rifle, a police canine (fully trained German Shepherd) and a Great Dane who takes her clues from the Shepherd who raised her.

My advice to you: "Don't disturb my peace." My 4 prong defense will get you, even if I look just like another old woman and easy prey to you.

Your feed bill must be huge what with a great Dane and all.