What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 09:10 AM by jennybee.)
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 08:52 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 07:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I've never shot someone, but I know I could and would do it and would not hesitate if someone was trying to harm or kill me. While not the same thing, I did get into a pretty bad fist fight with someone when I was working as a store detective in college in a shitty inner city. This lady was high on something and would have killed me (if I let her) or if someone didn't intervene. I would have had no problem slamming her head into the ground if she was trying to kill me and no one stepped in.

You don't know until it happens. If you can't you're just a gun donor.

I totally disagree. I think you can know that you would be willing to defend your life and the lives of your loved ones *at all costs.*" To me, someone attacking me or my family (with the intent to inflict severe physical harm or death) is no longer a human, no longer a life--I view them as a threat to be dealt with. I can easily separate that out in my mind.

As I said, I was faced with a situation that could have gone really bad for me if I just sat back and took it. Luckily, someone else stepped in. If no one stepped in-I know I would have defended myself at all costs if her intent was to kill me (which she was actively trying to do).

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-06-2017, 09:10 AM
(03-06-2017 08:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 08:52 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You don't know until it happens. If you can't you're just a gun donor.

I totally disagree. I think you can know that you would be willing to defend your life and the lives of your loved ones *at all costs.*" To me, someone attacking me or my family is no longer a human, no longer a life--I view them as a threat to be dealt with. I can easily separate that out in my mind.

As I said, I was faced with a situation that could have gone really bad for me if I just sat back and took it. Luckily, someone else stepped in. If no one stepped in-I know I would have defended myself at all costs if her intent was to kill me (which she was actively trying to do).
You've said nothing to change what I said.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 09:19 AM
(03-06-2017 09:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 08:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I totally disagree. I think you can know that you would be willing to defend your life and the lives of your loved ones *at all costs.*" To me, someone attacking me or my family is no longer a human, no longer a life--I view them as a threat to be dealt with. I can easily separate that out in my mind.

You've said nothing to change what I said.

Of course, no one can predict the future 100 percent, so I will give you that. However, you can know yourself, know your views on things, know what you are capable of and form an accurate assessment of your reaction to things based on potential future events. Really that's all any of us can do with *any* potential event we're faced with in life. For me, I prefer to be as prepared as possible which is why I rely on multiple self-defense options and I feel I know myself well enough to use them if need be. Aside from being the Amazing Kreskin, that's really the best any of us can do. Wink Because on the flip side, if you are attacked and do nothing, you run the risk of being a donor as well.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-06-2017, 09:25 AM
What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
Don't forget that Sailorzilla is a super bad ass that can clear a bar room quicker than Jason Statham.
03-06-2017, 09:26 AM
(03-06-2017 09:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 09:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You've said nothing to change what I said.

Of course, no one can predict the future 100 percent, so I will give you that. However, you can know yourself, know your views on things, know what you are capable of and form an accurate assessment of your reaction to things based on potential future events. Really that's all any of us can do with *any* potential event we're faced with in life. For me, I prefer to be as prepared as possible which is why I rely on multiple self-defense options and I feel I know myself well enough to use them if need be. Aside from being the Amazing Kreskin, that's really the best any of us can do. Wink Because on the flip side, if you are attacked and do nothing, you run the risk of being a donor as well.
I don't need a gun to defend myself, so I won't be a gun donor.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 09:31 AM
(03-06-2017 09:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 09:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Of course, no one can predict the future 100 percent, so I will give you that. However, you can know yourself, know your views on things, know what you are capable of and form an accurate assessment of your reaction to things based on potential future events. Really that's all any of us can do with *any* potential event we're faced with in life. For me, I prefer to be as prepared as possible which is why I rely on multiple self-defense options and I feel I know myself well enough to use them if need be. Aside from being the Amazing Kreskin, that's really the best any of us can do. Wink Because on the flip side, if you are attacked and do nothing, you run the risk of being a donor as well.

No, but you could be a martial arts donor. Or a pepper spray donor. Or a knife donor. Anytime you attempt to (or not to) defend yourself in the event of an attack, you run the risk of injury and/or death.

03-06-2017, 09:31 AM
(03-06-2017 09:25 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Don't forget that Sailorzilla is a super bad ass that can clear a bar room quicker than Jason Statham.

Gasp Blasphemy! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-06-2017, 09:35 AM
(03-06-2017 09:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 09:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Of course, no one can predict the future 100 percent, so I will give you that. However, you can know yourself, know your views on things, know what you are capable of and form an accurate assessment of your reaction to things based on potential future events. Really that's all any of us can do with *any* potential event we're faced with in life. For me, I prefer to be as prepared as possible which is why I rely on multiple self-defense options and I feel I know myself well enough to use them if need be. Aside from being the Amazing Kreskin, that's really the best any of us can do. Wink Because on the flip side, if you are attacked and do nothing, you run the risk of being a donor as well.

I can totally see both sides of this argument but, and I'm not saying this to be sarcastic or piss you off but no matter how well trained you are you cant deflect bullets isn't a person with a handgun better able to defend themselves in certain circumstances?
03-06-2017, 09:53 AM
(03-06-2017 09:35 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 09:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I don't need a gun to defend myself, so I won't be a gun donor.

I can totally see both sides of this argument but, and I'm not saying this to be sarcastic or piss you off but no matter how well trained you are you cant deflect bullets isn't a person with a handgun better able to defend themselves in certain circumstances?

I'm still waiting for them to come out with these, which I would totally get to add to my self-defense arsenal Tongue

[Image: dflct.gif]

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-06-2017, 09:56 AM
(03-06-2017 08:53 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 08:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  I lead a very peaceful, pleasant life and abhor violence. I spend much of my time in my gardens and playing with my 4 dogs.

I plan to keep it that way. I have a gun, a rifle, a police canine (fully trained German Shepherd) and a Great Dane who takes her clues from the Shepherd who raised her.

My advice to you: "Don't disturb my peace." My 4 prong defense will get you, even if I look just like another old woman and easy prey to you.

Your feed bill must be huge what with a great Dane and all.

It is. The Dane eats twice what the Shepherd eats. I should have called them Brain and Brawn. Brain is like a precision missile that is constantly on alert and knows what to do without any input from creatures with less observation power such as me. Brawn follows Brain and stands for the pack. They will keep you busy until I am there with police on cell and my gun in hand. Then I can call them off.

When no malice is detected, Brain just stands by while Brawn inspects the visitor and bathes in pets and adoration (She is gorgeous!)

Best security system ever. Thumbsup I trust the Shepherd's judgement, these dogs are trained to detect malice and subversion. You hear a lot about human officers shooting the wrong person, you don't hear about canine officers subduing the wrong people. The law suits would be horrendous.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man