What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 10:48 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 10:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 10:24 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The topic is guns, try to stay focused.

And please, how the fuck would I be a martial arts donor? Blink

My point was that whenever (whatever way that might be, guns or no) you attempt to protect yourself-you run the risk of harm to your person. People have different ways that they feel comfortable protecting themselves--for some it's guns, for some pepper spray, for some martial arts, for some a knife, for some a baseball bat under the bed, and for some, a combo of all.

As far as my staying focused Hobo -You were the one that said you were well trained in martial arts (unless I'm mistakenly attributing your post to someone else). If you want this thread to solely be about guns, then why bring up your martial arts background in the first place?

You could be a martial arts donor by getting your ass handed to you while attempting to protect yourself in a physical altercation.
You're quibbling. I used martial arts as an alternative to guns. You made a silly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 10:50 AM
(03-06-2017 10:04 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 09:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...these dogs are trained to detect malice and subversion. You hear a lot about human officers shooting the wrong person, you don't hear about canine officers subduing the wrong people. The law suits would be horrendous.

Sadly, it's more common than you think.

Vancouver police dog mistakenly attacks 87-year-old woman

Sioux Falls police dog attacks the wrong person

The horrific moment a police dog mauls a 17-month-old baby after officers mistake her innocent father for a criminal

These are just the ones we hear about.

*edit to add*
... but, of course, that's entirely off-topic from the OP. Sorry about that.
According to Rev. Minny's figures you have a one in one hundred ten million chance of being shot by a police officer in the US on any given day. Horrific, ain't it.
03-06-2017, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 11:00 AM by jennybee.)
(03-06-2017 10:48 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 10:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  My point was that whenever (whatever way that might be, guns or no) you attempt to protect yourself-you run the risk of harm to your person. People have different ways that they feel comfortable protecting themselves--for some it's guns, for some pepper spray, for some martial arts, for some a knife, for some a baseball bat under the bed, and for some, a combo of all.

As far as my staying focused Hobo -You were the one that said you were well trained in martial arts (unless I'm mistakenly attributing your post to someone else). If you want this thread to solely be about guns, then why bring up your martial arts background in the first place?

You could be a martial arts donor by getting your ass handed to you while attempting to protect yourself in a physical altercation.
You're quibbling. I used martial arts as an alternative to guns. You made a silly.

Edited...

Tongue Big Grin

[Image: no-time.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Not everyone has the training or physical ability to be a stealth assassin who is able to defend themselves with a paperclip and a TV remote.

For those who are bulletproof and able to disable or kill an intruder with a well-placed index finger...more power to ya.

My dogs won't hurt anyone but they will sound the alarm if someone would to try to get in the house. If the guns aren't within reach there's a good chance a cell phone is, which is my first choice any way.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-06-2017, 11:08 AM
(03-06-2017 10:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Not everyone has the training or physical ability to be a stealth assassin who is able to defend themselves with a paperclip and a TV remote.

For those who are bulletproof and able to disable or kill an intruder with a well-placed index finger...more power to ya.

My dogs won't hurt anyone but they will sound the alarm if someone would to try to get in the house. If the guns aren't within reach there's a good chance a cell phone is, which is my first choice any way.
And very few people can defend themselves with a weapon that is purely offensive. What's your point?
03-06-2017, 11:10 AM
(03-06-2017 11:08 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 10:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Not everyone has the training or physical ability to be a stealth assassin who is able to defend themselves with a paperclip and a TV remote.

And very few people can defend themselves with a weapon that is purely offensive. What's your point?

That all your talk about how big and bad you are isn't impressive.

edit - and if you are protecting yourself with a weapon it's defensive not offensive. But you know that already.

But please carry on.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-06-2017, 11:15 AM
(03-06-2017 11:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:08 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And very few people can defend themselves with a weapon that is purely offensive. What's your point?

That all your talk about how big and bad you are isn't impressive.
The fact that I don't need a gun to protect myself seems to confuse you.

Quote:edit - and if you are protecting yourself with a weapon it's defensive not offensive. But you know that already.

But please carry on.
You don't defend with a gun, you offer more violence than the other person, more offense. This isn't rocket science.
03-06-2017, 11:18 AM
(03-06-2017 11:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That all your talk about how big and bad you are isn't impressive.
The fact that I don't need a gun to protect myself seems to confuse you.

Quote:edit - and if you are protecting yourself with a weapon it's defensive not offensive. But you know that already.

But please carry on.
You don't defend with a gun, you offer more violence than the other person, more offense. This isn't rocket science.

So you are bullet proof. Nice to know.

You are also a pompous ass who is a legend in his own mind.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-06-2017, 11:20 AM
(03-06-2017 10:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My dogs won't hurt anyone but they will sound the alarm if someone would to try to get in the house.

Oh, they may surprise you. If you get attacked, or seriously angered, they may very well jump to your aid. They instinctively protect the pack if the chips are down. They can seriously distract an intruder and give you a chance to whatever...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-06-2017, 11:23 AM
(03-06-2017 11:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The fact that I don't need a gun to protect myself seems to confuse you.

So you are bullet proof. Nice to know.

You are also a pompous ass who is a legend in his own mind.

No need to be so defensive. (This always happens when the gunners have run out of options.)