What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 11:24 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 11:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 10:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My dogs won't hurt anyone but they will sound the alarm if someone would to try to get in the house.

Oh, they may surprise you. If you get attacked, or seriously angered, they may very well jump to your aid. They instinctively protect the pack if the chips are down. They can seriously distract an intruder and give you a chance to whatever...

I am just meaning by size and demeanor...but Karma hates a stranger in the house and will bark her fool head off if someone even walks by a window.

But you are right, they may surprise me if someone ever moved aggressively toward one of us.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-06-2017, 11:25 AM
(03-06-2017 11:23 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So you are bullet proof. Nice to know.

You are also a pompous ass who is a legend in his own mind.

No need to be so defensive. (This always happens when the gunners have run out of options.)

You gonna beat me up?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-06-2017, 11:28 AM
(03-06-2017 11:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:23 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  No need to be so defensive. (This always happens when the gunners have run out of options.)

You gonna beat me up?
You don't need my help.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Dupe.
(03-06-2017 11:28 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You gonna beat me up?
You don't need my help.

So that's a 'no'.

Figures. Drinking Beverage

(03-06-2017 11:30 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:28 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You don't need my help.

So that's a 'no'.

Figures. Drinking Beverage

Yesssss, dearrrrrr.
03-06-2017, 11:37 AM
(03-06-2017 10:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 10:04 AM)Grauwyler Wrote:  I think Popeye's Pappy's link mentioned this and bears reposting:

Which is cool, and although it may not be your intention, it seems a lot like you are insinuating that because you are such a badass, that everyone else ought to be as well, which doesn't really add much to the discussion and comes off sounding a lot more like braggadocio than constructive criticism.
I didn't start out life being competent to defend myself, I learned. Why is that so difficult for some people?

I learned too. I still wouldn't go unarmed against someone who is armed unless it were a last resort. That stopped being practical thousands of years ago.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-06-2017, 11:44 AM
(03-06-2017 11:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 10:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I didn't start out life being competent to defend myself, I learned. Why is that so difficult for some people?

I learned too. I still wouldn't go unarmed against someone who is armed unless it were a last resort. That stopped being practical thousands of years ago.

Would you wear your gun in the shower? Do you sleep with it in your hand?
03-06-2017, 11:58 AM
I grew up on a farm, we had probably a half dozen rifles & shotguns, each one bought for a specific purpose. They were always locked in the gun cabinet (unloaded) with trigger locks on unless it was taken out to be used. They were basically considered farm tools, other then the hunting rifle that my dad had, we never thought of using them for home defense (against other humans anyway). They were for shooting things like rabbits and gophers (that would get into the garden) and weasels & foxes (that would attack the chickens & ducks).

For home defense we had two of Bouviers , properly guard trained like this guy :

[Image: b1b8339fe8eb53e9a7e3ca291820f6b4.jpg]

Better then a gun IMHO because they can actively watch the property practically 24/7. Once our dog caught a guy that thought he'd try hiding out from the cops in one of our barns.

Never thought of owning a gun now that I'm in the city...

Although having said that, I think everyone should be trained in the use of firearms, whether they ever want to own one or not. They should hold one, & fire one. Firearms are dangerous and should be respected, and when appropriate sometimes even feared . But never the kind of panic that you sometimes see when someone pulls out a gun, that kind panic just makes things worse. People that don't understand guns look at them like they're some kind magic BOOM stick that will kill everyone that so much as looks at it.

Look at the attack on parliament hill in 2014:

Now I'm not saying that running away or running for cover isn't the right thing to do. But these people seemed to panic right away and didn't take even a half second thought in their response, some were running away in front of the gunman into the open front lawn (no cover) in the direction that the gunman was running! It seems that as far as everyone seems to be concerned every rifle is a "terrifying assault rifle", all this guy had was a lever action hunting rifle. I don't know exactly what I would have done had I been downtown that day, but I'm pretty sure I'd have kept my shit together cause guns don't scare me in & of themselves.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
03-06-2017, 12:00 PM
(03-06-2017 11:44 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I learned too. I still wouldn't go unarmed against someone who is armed unless it were a last resort. That stopped being practical thousands of years ago.

Would you wear your gun in the shower? Do you sleep with it in your hand?

Nah, but only because I live where it's illegal to do so and I've chosen to be one of the good(ish) guys. I've spent a number of years in contexts where I was required to sleep with it locked, loaded, and in reach, though, and would have been punished had I not done so.

Now I just keep a slingshot and a handful of .54 caliber lead balls in reach and accept that I will be at a disadvantage if alien terrorists materialize in my room in the middle of the night.

'Murican Canadian