What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 12:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 12:12 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Many years ago I took some defence training as I was travelling into some sketchy areas of the world. The training included, but was not limited to, operation of a firearm.

But the instructors, to a person (2 men and 1 woman) made it very clear: there's a certain order in which you follow in order to protect yourself and those in your care.

If faced with a threat (such as criminals or terrorists entering a building that you're in), in order:
  1. Run. Your first option is to just get the hell out. Run fast and far and get away as quickly as you can.
  2. Hide. If there's no way to get away, hide as best you can and wait until two or more police/security/forces personnel tell you otherwise
  3. Fight. The absolute last resort is to fight back.

You do NOT start by shooting back at the bad guys. When the police/soldiers show up, they have no way of knowing who's the bad guy and who's the victim, especially if everyone is shooting.

*edited to fix spelling & formatting*

If someone breaks in my house and I am upstairs...where shall I run to? There are three rooms up there.

If I hide in my house...where...the shower seems dangerous and if someone has broken in there's a good chance they are going to be looking around...like in closets and such.

Not everyone is physically able to fight.

Except for Gawdzilla of course...who can neutralize a threat with a bad look and his impressive service record.
At least we've learned you don't take showers. Gasp
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 12:36 PM
(03-06-2017 12:33 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 12:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If someone breaks in my house and I am upstairs...where shall I run to? There are three rooms up there.

If I hide in my house...where...the shower seems dangerous and if someone has broken in there's a good chance they are going to be looking around...like in closets and such.

Except for Gawdzilla of course...who can neutralize a threat with a bad look and his impressive service record.

If someone breaks into your house while you're there, I imagine the first thing you do is to call the police and let them handle it.

Best bet is to not be broken into in the first place: good locks, good security lights (timers or motion detectors), all that basic stuff. Putting a "Security by Smith and Wesson" sticker on your window or door is telling burglars that you have weapons in the house, which are a prime theft target. May as well have a sign that reads, "Lots of jewelery in the upstairs closet."

I live in Texas, Heath. I don't think we need to advertise that we own guns.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 12:39 PM
(03-06-2017 12:35 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 12:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If someone breaks in my house and I am upstairs...where shall I run to? There are three rooms up there.

At least we've learned you don't take showers. Gasp

You are the one who keeps asking if people take their guns into the shower with them. I assumed that you have lots of shower attacks where you live. The Bates Motel, is it?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-06-2017, 12:49 PM
(03-06-2017 12:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 12:35 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  At least we've learned you don't take showers. Gasp

You are the one who keeps asking if people take their guns into the shower with them. I assumed that you have lots of shower attacks where you live. The Bates Motel, is it?
For the not idiots reading this I will note that normal people take showers. My question is "are you wearing your gun in the shower?" If not then it's not immediately accessible. Same with sleeping with it in your hand. The "instant accept" nonsense fails even cursory examination.
03-06-2017, 01:06 PM
(26-01-2015 05:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This thread will have to be primarily for those in the US - as most countries gun laws are so strict as to prevent the "average Joe" from gun ownership.

What is your opinion of gun ownership?

I am a gun owner. I grew up around guns, and have always considered them to be something that every person should have at least a basic working understanding of. I like guns as an investment. If properly purchased - you never lose money on one. I like to shoot, build guns, and provide meat for my table every year by taking at least a couple of whitetail deer. (I'll take roadkill as well. I'm not squeamish).

I have a concealed carry permit - and have carried a gun daily since 2001 - without an incident. I've held classes at my house, for people wanting their concealed carry license (mandatory in this state). Everyone in my immediate family (except my niece - she just came of age) has a carry permit as well. None of us have ever had a mishap with a firearm.

I marvel at those people who think "guns are evil". I simply don't understand how someone can be so anthropomorphic as to assign "evil" to a chunk of steel.

Are all gun owners exactly the same, or can I change my opinion of them according to each one? Tongue
03-06-2017, 01:07 PM
(03-06-2017 12:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 12:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are the one who keeps asking if people take their guns into the shower with them. I assumed that you have lots of shower attacks where you live. The Bates Motel, is it?
For the not idiots reading this I will note that normal people take showers. My question is "are you wearing your gun in the shower?" If not then it's not immediately accessible. Same with sleeping with it in your hand. The "instant accept" nonsense fails even cursory examination.

What is "instant accept"? I mean other than nonsense.

03-06-2017, 01:13 PM
(03-06-2017 01:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 12:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  For the not idiots reading this I will note that normal people take showers. My question is "are you wearing your gun in the shower?" If not then it's not immediately accessible. Same with sleeping with it in your hand. The "instant accept" nonsense fails even cursory examination.

What is "instant accept"? I mean other than nonsense.

Your nonsense is noted. But for the rational people it means you always have access to your gun instantly. As this is patently impossible the claim that guns protect your home are just conditional on the cooperation of the intruders who will be sure to let you know when they're coming.
03-06-2017, 01:18 PM
(03-06-2017 01:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 01:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What is "instant accept"? I mean other than nonsense.

Your nonsense is noted. But for the rational people it means you always have access to your gun instantly. As this is patently impossible the claim that guns protect your home are just conditional on the cooperation of the intruders who will be sure to let you know when they're coming.

And again...no answer.

Instant Accept....where is this used, tell me and I will go look it up myself oh wise and wonderful ninja.

03-06-2017, 01:30 PM
(03-06-2017 01:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 01:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Your nonsense is noted. But for the rational people it means you always have access to your gun instantly. As this is patently impossible the claim that guns protect your home are just conditional on the cooperation of the intruders who will be sure to let you know when they're coming.

And again...no answer.

Instant Accept....where is this used, tell me and I will go look it up myself oh wise and wonderful ninja.
Look it up under "auto correct". Let me spell that for you "a-u-t-o c-o-r-r-e-c-t."
03-06-2017, 01:38 PM
(03-06-2017 01:30 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 01:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And again...no answer.

Look it up under "auto correct". Let me spell that for you "a-u-t-o c-o-r-r-e-c-t."

You didn't make an error did you? Your instant accept was in quotes...autocorrect would not have changed it from instant access to instant accept with those quotation marks around it.

I already knew what you were trying to say.

But you can't admit an error, can you?

Is that documented in that heaping pile of service records...the fact that you are perfect.