What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 06:32 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 02:12 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yes, I made a typo. Yes, that means the world will come to an end in 18.537 seconds, probably due to an accidental gunshot wound.

Hey matey... you really need to get out more and give up this sort of repetitive, juvenile sniping... Tongue It's not adding anything positive to the thread.

It's all getting a bit boring for those of us trying to have an intelligent debate here.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
03-06-2017, 06:35 PM
I want them for neighbors.
Simple as that. Yes

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
03-06-2017, 07:02 PM
(03-06-2017 05:00 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 02:59 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Depends on the gun owner.

IF, said gun owner always keeps his guns and ammunition safely secured so that it is not stolen, lost or found by someone who thinks "what a great fucking idea to pull the trigger"

AND,

who never mishandles said weapon such as accidentally dropping it or forgetting that you also have to remove the round in the chamber when cleaning it,

THEN, when said gun owner dies, I will bestow upon him or her the title of L-ARGO ( Law-Abiding Responsible Gun Owner.)

Until those conditions are met, he/she is merely an accident waiting to happen.

Sounds a lot like "Guilty until proven innocent" to me.

It should be the other way around, responsible (after passing background check and safety course) until proven irresponsible.

Face the facts.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 07:37 PM
(03-06-2017 07:02 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 05:00 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  Sounds a lot like "Guilty until proven innocent" to me.

It should be the other way around, responsible (after passing background check and safety course) until proven irresponsible.

Face the facts.

Going to come out of my 6 month TTA retirement to point out that those "facts" are cherry picked. It's a worthless stat. The perpetrator does not have to die to be considered a successful self defense with a firearm. In fact, firing a shot is not even required.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
03-06-2017, 08:47 PM
(03-06-2017 07:37 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 07:02 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Face the facts.

Going to come out of my 6 month TTA retirement to point out that those "facts" are cherry picked. It's a worthless stat. The perpetrator does not have to die to be considered a successful self defense with a firearm. In fact, firing a shot is not even required.

Welcome back, LDH!
04-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Quote:It should be the other way around, responsible (after passing background check and safety course) until proven irresponsible.

That's how 3 year olds end up dead with a bullet in their fucking heads. Seems like a steep price to pay.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
04-06-2017, 08:56 AM
(03-06-2017 07:37 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 07:02 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Face the facts.

Seriously? The numbers say "34 innocent people die for every criminal killed in self-defense." Then your non-sequitur tries to dodge that. NRA approves.
04-06-2017, 10:22 AM
What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
His point is that not all self defense situations with a gun result in a death.
04-06-2017, 10:33 AM
(04-06-2017 10:22 AM)KUSA Wrote:  His point is that not all self defense situations with a gun result in a death.
And the article reported deaths. Nobody can be certain of how many events are avoided because of firearm use/threat of use. There are the actual cases, the purported cases, and flat out lies to sort out when the results are ambiguous.
04-06-2017, 10:43 AM
(04-06-2017 08:05 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:It should be the other way around, responsible (after passing background check and safety course) until proven irresponsible.

That's how 3 year olds end up dead with a bullet in their fucking heads. Seems like a steep price to pay.

Maybe, but freedom implies risk, which sometimes means bad things happen.

You cannot have a totally safe and risk-free world, and a free world at the same time. It's impossible.

So each of us are left to decide, what do we value more - a totally safe world with no freedom, or, a free world with risk involved?

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
[+] 2 users Like Twiggy's post