What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2017, 05:50 PM
(04-06-2017 12:31 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Keeping them in the home where they can be easily accessed is stupid.

Your views on gun ownership and mine are completely incompatible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
04-06-2017, 06:04 PM
(04-06-2017 03:50 PM)SYZ Wrote:  In 2012, there were 8,855 criminal gun homicides in the FBI's homicide database, but only 258 gun killings by private citizens that were deemed justifiable.

This means:

1. We have a crime problem.

2. 258 people were saved from criminal action with the aid of a gun.

Quote:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data shows that in 2012 there were 20,666 suicides by gun, which works out to one self-defense killing for every 78 gun suicides.

I'm not sure what the correlation between the two are. Self defensive and suicide are completely different.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
04-06-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-06-2017 10:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  For you who have guns for "home defense", do you keep them on you at all times? Loaded with the safety off? Never put them down?

Sorry so late coming back...planting season and getting ready for a new flock of broiler chickens.

I get that you think women and less manly men are incapable of killing someone and would be better off without a gun....but I don't understand how you figure that.

I wear my Glock 9mm when I go out of my house. It is loaded but not chambered. I keep a knife and a utility tool on the same belt and an extra cartridge. When I am in the house, it is usually in the kitchen. My doors stay locked, my dogs stay around most of the time. If I get a shower, my Glock is on the toilet with my phone and my bedroom door is locked. The baseball bat is by the door and other Glocks are hidden around the house, as well as, a shotgun. The other firearms are in a safe.

I cannot outrun the bad guys or wild dog pack. I will not get within arms length of them either. I maintain a level of alertness when I am out and about in order to avoid a surprise that could be unpleasant, that is, I keep aware of where I am and what is around me.

An unloaded gun is worthless. I have no intention of shooting at someone, but would rather have the capability of doing so if I needed to.

It would take about 15 minutes for a police officer to get to my house from town if they were moving fast. Too long.

Am I paranoid or just being careful considering my level of isolation, age, occupation?

The last attacker I killed was charging me at a distance of 20 feet from my front porch. Am I glad I had my Glock? Yes. Am I glad I killed the damned groundhog? Yes, I am. Would I want my gun at my side if my grandkids had been playing in the yard? What do you think?

I could have used the rake that was leaning against the house, but it seemed more efficient to just shoot the bugger. They can be really nasty and have inflicted more than one wound per dog that finally killed them.

Groundhogs are not why Americans have the right to keep and bear arms, of course, but nevertheless...

And you better believe I would shoot a human attacker and more than just once.

I have to wonder; if you had a broken leg and your wife had a debilitating heart condition, would you consider keeping one of your guns at home for defense...just in case?

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
04-06-2017, 07:11 PM
(04-06-2017 05:50 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 12:31 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Keeping them in the home where they can be easily accessed is stupid.

Your views on gun ownership and mine are completely incompatible.
Utterly unconcerned.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04-06-2017 06:45 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 10:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  For you who have guns for "home defense", do you keep them on you at all times? Loaded with the safety off? Never put them down?

Sorry so late coming back...planting season and getting ready for a new flock of broiler chickens.

I get that you think women and less manly men are incapable of killing someone and would be better off without a gun....but I don't understand how you figure that.

I wear my Glock 9mm when I go out of my house. It is loaded but not chambered. I keep a knife and a utility tool on the same belt and an extra cartridge. When I am in the house, it is usually in the kitchen. My doors stay locked, my dogs stay around most of the time. If I get a shower, my Glock is on the toilet with my phone and my bedroom door is locked. The baseball bat is by the door and other Glocks are hidden around the house, as well as, a shotgun. The other firearms are in a safe.

I cannot outrun the bad guys or wild dog pack. I will not get within arms length of them either. I maintain a level of alertness when I am out and about in order to avoid a surprise that could be unpleasant, that is, I keep aware of where I am and what is around me.

An unloaded gun is worthless. I have no intention of shooting at someone, but would rather have the capability of doing so if I needed to.

It would take about 15 minutes for a police officer to get to my house from town if they were moving fast. Too long.

Am I paranoid or just being careful considering my level of isolation, age, occupation?

The last attacker I killed was charging me at a distance of 20 feet from my front porch. Am I glad I had my Glock? Yes. Am I glad I killed the damned groundhog? Yes, I am. Would I want my gun at my side if my grandkids had been playing in the yard? What do you think?

I could have used the rake that was leaning against the house, but it seemed more efficient to just shoot the bugger. They can be really nasty and have inflicted more than one wound per dog that finally killed them.

Groundhogs are not why Americans have the right to keep and bear arms, of course, but nevertheless...

And you better believe I would shoot a human attacker and more than just once.

I have to wonder; if you had a broken leg and your wife had a debilitating heart condition, would you consider keeping one of your guns at home for defense...just in case?
Your farm must need a lot of scarecrows. Drinking Beverage
Having the right to keep and bear arms is worth more than any "accidental" shooting or suicide by gun.

The reasoning behind the Second Amendment is worth more than any discomfort for anti-gun people and worth more than any loss of innocent lives.

Harsh? No.

Are the Bill of Rights unnecessary? Maybe that is what some would have us all believe.

What, then to think of gun owners? That they are like all the other PEOPLE who have rights guaranteed by our Constitution.

How any of the PEOPLE behave regarding those rights is always an unknown. Law breaking requires penalty. Stupidity is not against the law. Choice of exercising rights is up to the individual, who either obeys the law or does not and who behaves stupidly or does not.

I can be as sorry as I can be that people die when another person uses a gun to kill them and I am sorry that some people (my family members included) are suicidal. Of the suicides I have known in my lifetime... and it is more than I can believe...only four used a gun.

And...how would you know I was a gun owner? Unless you saw me armed. How can you judge what sort of human being I am...just from the fact that you know I own a gun?

You, who do not own guns and who do not approve of my owning guns...you may be a horrible person. You may abuse children. You may keep a dog chained up for life. You may cheat on your spouse. You may steal. You may be addicted to illegal drugs and drive impaired. You may drink to excess and beat your family.

I assume the question is actually what do you think of the right of the People to keep and bear arms?

The posts seem to blame gun owners for crime and death simply because they own guns and so insults become personal. Blame the criminals for crime and blame death on relationships and the result of criminal activity.

Death comes whether we keep guns locked up or not.

[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
04-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Gawdzilla, you won't answer that question? Why not?

04-06-2017, 07:13 PM
(04-06-2017 07:11 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Having the right to keep and bear arms is worth more than any "accidental" shooting or suicide by gun.

Yeah! Fuck a bunch of dead kids! Who fuckin' needs 'em anywho!
04-06-2017, 08:06 PM
(04-06-2017 07:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 07:11 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Having the right to keep and bear arms is worth more than any "accidental" shooting or suicide by gun.

Kid killing...why is that your go to argument? Do you have something to share with the class?

The opposite of anti-gun isn't kid shooting.

Did that vein in you forehead burst yet? Your temper tantrums sure make your supposed stellar record seem questionable...but then your lying does too.

Go crush a beer can or rip a phone book in half...you'll feel better.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-06-2017, 08:25 PM
(04-06-2017 07:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

It can go both ways, and even so sometimes kids are fucked either way. That's the reality of being mortal in a world filled with ass holes with bad intentions and idiots with good intentions, gun or no gun.

This was from Friday.
Man shoots, kills neighbor who was trying to drown his own children

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post