What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(04-06-2017 12:31 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 11:21 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Your idea of gun safety is to have them locked up at a remote location.

Exactly. Keeping them in the home where they can be easily accessed is stupid. I know you read the thread before posting so I don't have to resubmit that article about the number of innocents killed for every "bad guy" who dies, right?

Wait.

Why the fuck would someone not keep a relatively small sized object of personal property in uh... their own... uh... home?

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 11:51 PM
(04-06-2017 07:11 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Of the suicides I have known in my lifetime... and it is more than I can believe...only four used a gun...

"Only" four used a gun? Are you aware of the irony in that statement?

Quote:You, who do not own guns and who do not approve of my owning guns...you may be a horrible person. You may abuse children. You may keep a dog chained up for life. You may cheat on your spouse. You may steal. You may be addicted to illegal drugs and drive impaired. You may drink to excess and beat your family.

Oh dear... I also don't think you're aware of how nonsensical this is. Are you seriously implying that it's only people who choose not to own firearms that pursue these sorts of antisocial activities? Or that gun ownership prevents one from acting antisocially? How embarrassingly naive LOL.

Whatever, your extreme defensiveness regarding gun ownership coupled with the fact you own multiple weapons yourself would indicate to most rational people that yes, you are suffering from some sort of paranoia.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
05-06-2017, 12:01 AM
(26-01-2015 05:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This thread will have to be primarily for those in the US - as most countries gun laws are so strict as to prevent the "average Joe" from gun ownership.

What is your opinion of gun ownership?

I am a gun owner. I grew up around guns, and have always considered them to be something that every person should have at least a basic working understanding of. I like guns as an investment. If properly purchased - you never lose money on one. I like to shoot, build guns, and provide meat for my table every year by taking at least a couple of whitetail deer. (I'll take roadkill as well. I'm not squeamish).

I have a concealed carry permit - and have carried a gun daily since 2001 - without an incident. I've held classes at my house, for people wanting their concealed carry license (mandatory in this state). Everyone in my immediate family (except my niece - she just came of age) has a carry permit as well. None of us have ever had a mishap with a firearm.

I marvel at those people who think "guns are evil". I simply don't understand how someone can be so anthropomorphic as to assign "evil" to a chunk of steel.

I don't really care enough about gun ownership to have gone out and get a gun myself. But if I felt I needed one for some reason, I would want the right to get one.

I just don't understand those individuals who buy guns to collect them.
05-06-2017, 12:04 AM
I just stained the stock of my shotgun today.

Going to the handgun range Wednesday.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
[+] 1 user Likes Twiggy's post
05-06-2017, 04:21 AM
(04-06-2017 11:39 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 12:31 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Exactly. Keeping them in the home where they can be easily accessed is stupid. I know you read the thread before posting so I don't have to resubmit that article about the number of innocents killed for every "bad guy" who dies, right?

Wait.

Why the fuck would someone not keep a relatively small sized object of personal property in uh... their own... uh... home?
You miss the point. Keeping a gun safely means not making it available to use immediately.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 04:48 AM
(05-06-2017 04:21 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You miss the point. Keeping a gun safely means not making it available to use immediately.

Well your point is actually senseless in the realm of self defense IMO. Perhaps you could help?

Home invasion tactics happen real fast, for a pretty obvious reason you think?!
I fail to see the advantage of keeping firearms that aren't "ready".
Hence that is why I have them (+ an axe) at the ready in most all rooms I hang out in in my casa.

Best if you keep ya gun-dumb kids outa my house, please.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
05-06-2017, 05:00 AM
(05-06-2017 04:48 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 04:21 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You miss the point. Keeping a gun safely means not making it available to use immediately.

Well your point is actually senseless in the realm of self defense IMO. Perhaps you could help?

Home invasion tactics happen real fast, for a pretty obvious reason you think?!
I fail to see the advantage of keeping firearms that aren't "ready".
Hence that is why I have them (+ an axe) at the ready in most all rooms I hang out in in my casa.

Best if you keep ya gun-dumb kids outa my house, please.
There is no reason to keep guns that aren't ready, and no sane person would keep guns laying around. See the problem?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 05:18 AM
My opinion of gun owners? If you can't beat em, shoot them.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
05-06-2017, 05:47 AM
(04-06-2017 11:51 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 07:11 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Of the suicides I have known in my lifetime... and it is more than I can believe...only four used a gun...

"Only" four used a gun? Are you aware of the irony in that statement?

Quote:You, who do not own guns and who do not approve of my owning guns...you may be a horrible person. You may abuse children. You may keep a dog chained up for life. You may cheat on your spouse. You may steal. You may be addicted to illegal drugs and drive impaired. You may drink to excess and beat your family.

Oh dear... I also don't think you're aware of how nonsensical this is. Are you seriously implying that it's only people who choose not to own firearms that pursue these sorts of antisocial activities? Or that gun ownership prevents one from acting antisocially? How embarrassingly naive LOL.

Whatever, your extreme defensiveness regarding gun ownership coupled with the fact you own multiple weapons yourself would indicate to most rational people that yes, you are suffering from some sort of paranoia.

SYZ, there is no irony. I counted the suicides I have known and only five used a gun. I have known socially or in my family 23 people who have killed themselves and only five used a gun to end their lives.

And...because of the title of this topic, judgement is made about people who own guns rather than opinions of the Amendment that gives us that right to own or not to own. Opinions are being formed about people that are little known simply because they are gun owners. I think someone posted an opinion that gun owners are assholes...well, how could he know that with such little information. Assumptions are made about those of us who own guns.

Neither can anyone assume that anti-gun people are somehow better human beings because of their stand on gun ownership. Is that more clear?

I do not consider myself to be paranoid. I do consider myself to be prepared and aware of the realities of living isolated from public services and rely upon local government or private entities to aid them when needed. The reality is that crime occurs in rural areas and we live in the middle of a forest with roaming wild creatures and strangers often drive up our long lane just to see where it is going or maybe to abandon a car used in a robbery or deal drugs or get drunk. Reality is that I am often the only person here or am on the farm with my daughter and her infant...alone. It would be "embarrassingly naive" of me to assume that nothing unpleasant would ever happen or that we would be always safe...under the loving eye of a benevolent being.

"Embarrassingly naive" and maybe fatally foolish...

I would rather be preparedly able to deal with the unpleasant and a living statistic.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
05-06-2017, 05:49 AM
Gawdzilla, I am waiting for your answer.

If you had a broken leg and your wife had a debilitating heart condition, would you consider keeping a gun in your home at the ready for self defense...just in case?

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."