What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 05:53 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 05:49 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Gawdzilla, I am waiting for your answer.

If you had a broken leg and your wife had a debilitating heart condition, would you consider keeping a gun in your home at the ready for self defense...just in case?

Nope. The odds are that the gun will do more damage than good. Do you keep live explosives in your home JUST IN CASE?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2017, 06:00 AM
(04-06-2017 07:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 07:11 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Having the right to keep and bear arms is worth more than any "accidental" shooting or suicide by gun.

Yeah! Fuck a bunch of dead kids! Who fuckin' needs 'em anywho!

If you deny the reason for the Second Amendment, then you are at liberty to believe that "accidental" killings and suicides by gun are the more important issue.

I do not deny the reason for the Second Amendment and I take that right and responsibility along with all the harshness that it implies. In my opinion, maintaining a militia of the People for the reasons stated within the amendment and the further reasons stated within the Declaration of Independence is paramount.

Innocents die and "accidents" happen via all sorts of means. You apparently believe that because I have said these things that I am without a heart and am arrogantly naive about crime and death, such that I would willingly put at risk children and stupid people and those with suicidal ideations...and hand out guns to the criminally minded scumbags.

That is such a leap I can only liken it to that blind leap of faith that xians blather on about. I would not expect it of a freethinking atheist.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
05-06-2017, 06:03 AM
(05-06-2017 06:00 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 07:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yeah! Fuck a bunch of dead kids! Who fuckin' needs 'em anywho!

If you deny the reason for the Second Amendment, then you are at liberty to believe that "accidental" killings and suicides by gun are the more important issue.

I do not deny the reason for the Second Amendment and I take that right and responsibility along with all the harshness that it implies. In my opinion, maintaining a militia of the People for the reasons stated within the amendment and the further reasons stated within the Declaration of Independence is paramount.

Innocents die and "accidents" happen via all sorts of means. You apparently believe that because I have said these things that I am without a heart and am arrogantly naive about crime and death, such that I would willingly put at risk children and stupid people and those with suicidal ideations...and hand out guns to the criminally minded scumbags.

That is such a leap I can only liken it to that blind leap of faith that xians blather on about. I would not expect it of a freethinking atheist.

Fuck dead babies, right?
05-06-2017, 06:04 AM
(05-06-2017 05:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:49 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Gawdzilla, I am waiting for your answer.

If you had a broken leg and your wife had a debilitating heart condition, would you consider keeping a gun in your home at the ready for self defense...just in case?

Nope. The odds are that the gun will do more damage than good. Do you keep live explosives in your home JUST IN CASE?

Ah...I see, you are not an honest person. Or, you are operating without a full charge. Talk with your wife and get back to me on that one.

I wonder how she would feel if the man who claims he can fight off any bad guys that may seek to do her harm would not stoop to use a gun if he was disabled and she was incapable of punching them out to protect him?

And...really, you compare apples and oranges and expect that to make your case?

[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
05-06-2017, 06:05 AM
Dead babies?

No, I am against abortion on demand.

05-06-2017, 06:06 AM
(05-06-2017 06:04 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Nope. The odds are that the gun will do more damage than good. Do you keep live explosives in your home JUST IN CASE?

Ah...I see, you are not an honest person. Or, you are operating without a full charge. Talk with your wife and get back to me on that one.

I wonder how she would feel if the man who claims he can fight off any bad guys that may seek to do her harm would not stoop to use a gun if he was disabled and she was incapable of punching them out to protect him?

And...really, you compare apples and oranges and expect that to make your case?
My wife is a dead shot, showed real talent the first time she fired a handgun. She doesn't want guns in the house either. There's no need for them, unless you're a neurotic idiot who can't imagine life without your toys.
05-06-2017, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 07:26 AM by KUSA.)
(05-06-2017 05:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Do you keep live explosives in your home JUST IN CASE?

Your replies get progressively retarded.
05-06-2017, 06:58 AM
(05-06-2017 06:00 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  If you deny the reason for the Second Amendment, then you are at liberty to believe that "accidental" killings and suicides by gun are the more important issue.

The second amendment was written specifically to allow the government to call upon civilians in a time of national distress; attack from another nation or insurrection. There was no standing army at the time, so the "well-regulated militia" consisted of mostly farmers.

Well, now there's a standing army. The "well-regulated militia" doesn't exist (except possibly in the form of the National Guard, depending upon how far you want to stretch the definition of "milita").

[Image: this-is-not-a-well-regulated-militia-the...uote-1.jpg]

It's also easy to forget that the 2nd amendment (ratified in December 1791) went hand-in-hand with Militia Act of 1792 (passed May 2, 1792).

The Act opens with this:

Quote:Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That whenever the United States shall be invaded, or be in imminent danger of invasion from any foreign nation or Indian tribe, it shall be lawful for the President of the United States, to call forth such number of the militia of the state or states most convenient to the place of danger or scene...
emphasis added

And it defines the Militia thusly:

Quote:Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia...
And then it goes into great detail about the actual type of firearm to be used by the militia:

Quote:That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder; and shall appear so armed, accoutred and provided, when called out to exercise or into service...

Source: http://www.constitution.org/mil/mil_act_1792.htm

The long and short of it is this: the 2nd amendment is for another time in the distant past. It's outdated, outmoded but used by billion-dollar organizations to great effect to make money for firearms manufacturers, the NRA and the like. They're very, very good at whipping up fear (of crime, of terrorism, of government intervention) in order to drive their bottom line. And many people fall for it, including members of the Supreme Court.
[+] 7 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
05-06-2017, 07:11 AM
(05-06-2017 06:58 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 06:00 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  If you deny the reason for the Second Amendment, then you are at liberty to believe that "accidental" killings and suicides by gun are the more important issue.

The second amendment was written specifically to allow the government to call upon civilians in a time of national distress; attack from another nation or insurrection. There was no standing army at the time, so the "well-regulated militia" consisted of mostly farmers.

Well, now there's a standing army. The "well-regulated militia" doesn't exist (except possibly in the form of the National Guard, depending upon how far you want to stretch the definition of "milita").

[Image: this-is-not-a-well-regulated-militia-the...uote-1.jpg]

It's also easy to forget that the 2nd amendment (ratified in December 1791) went hand-in-hand with Militia Act of 1792 (passed May 2, 1792).

The Act opens with this:

Quote:Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That whenever the United States shall be invaded, or be in imminent danger of invasion from any foreign nation or Indian tribe, it shall be lawful for the President of the United States, to call forth such number of the militia of the state or states most convenient to the place of danger or scene...
emphasis added

And it defines the Militia thusly:

Quote:Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia...
And then it goes into great detail about the actual type of firearm to be used by the militia:

Quote:That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder; and shall appear so armed, accoutred and provided, when called out to exercise or into service...

Source: http://www.constitution.org/mil/mil_act_1792.htm

The long and short of it is this: the 2nd amendment is for another time in the distant past. It's outdated, outmoded but used by billion-dollar organizations to great effect to make money for firearms manufacturers, the NRA and the like. They're very, very good at whipping up fear (of crime, of terrorism, of government intervention) in order to drive their bottom line. And many people fall for it, including members of the Supreme Court.
This. The current illusory 2nd Amendment is a fabrication of the gun industry and the FUD factories.
05-06-2017, 07:38 AM
I see that Xtians are not the only ones that cherry pick.