What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 08:23 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 07:38 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I see that Xtians are not the only ones that cherry pick.

He's an emotional liberal. No need to bother arguing with those types any further.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2017, 08:26 AM
I see that Xtians are not the only ones that use ad homiem arguments when the facts aren't on their side.
05-06-2017, 08:35 AM
(05-06-2017 08:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I see that Xtians are not the only ones that use ad homiem arguments when the facts aren't on their side.

Yep. Reality doesn't intrude into the lives of True Believers. Apparently dead babies don't either.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 08:39 AM by BackSlider.)
(05-06-2017 05:00 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  [quote='BackSlider' pid='1195553' dateline='1496659697']

Well your point is actually senseless in the realm of self defense IMO. Perhaps you could help?

Home invasion tactics happen real fast, for a pretty obvious reason you think?!
I fail to see the advantage of keeping firearms that aren't "ready".
Hence that is why I have them (+ an axe) at the ready in most all rooms I hang out in in my casa.

Best if you keep ya gun-dumb kids outa my house, please.
There is no reason to keep guns that aren't ready, and no sane person would keep guns laying around. [/qoute]

I (and a lot of others) think it's quite sane and reasonable really.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
05-06-2017, 08:44 AM
(05-06-2017 08:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I see that Xtians are not the only ones that use ad homiem arguments when the facts aren't on their side.

Yep. Reality doesn't intrude into the lives of True Believers. Apparently dead babies don't either.

Using the lives of people who lost them in tragic ways, as an argument?

If that's not shitty, I don't know what is.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
[+] 1 user Likes Twiggy's post
05-06-2017, 08:45 AM
05-06-2017, 08:46 AM
(05-06-2017 08:44 AM)Twiggy Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yep. Reality doesn't intrude into the lives of True Believers. Apparently dead babies don't either.

Using the lives of people who lost them in tragic ways, as an argument?

If that's not shitty, I don't know what is.
Dismissing the deaths of children because people leave their toys laying around isn't shitty, however, it's just the way you are.
05-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Why would you want a loaded weapon in your house at all times? I recently spoke with a Swiss friend of mine, who did the obligatory national service in his home country. He said the rules state if you practice on a range more than X amount of times per year, you are allowed to keep your weapon. He was offered this but declined, because in his own words "why in fucks name would you want a gun?"

I live in the UK, so things are slightly different here, but I think most countries that have the whole "guns aren't allowed" thing just can't understand in what realm you'd need a gun in that capacity.

Is the US, you probably need a gun for protection, because every other fucker has one as well. Not that I'm saying you SHOULD have one, but it's a bit of a catch 22 at this point.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
05-06-2017, 08:48 AM
(05-06-2017 08:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Why would you want a loaded weapon in your house at all times? I recently spoke with a Swiss friend of mine, who did the obligatory national service in his home country. He said the rules state if you practice on a range more than X amount of times per year, you are allowed to keep your weapon. He was offered this but declined, because in his own words "why in fucks name would you want a gun?"

I live in the UK, so things are slightly different here, but I think most countries that have the whole "guns aren't allowed" thing just can't understand in what realm you'd need a gun in that capacity.

Is the US, you probably need a gun for protection, because every other fucker has one as well. Not that I'm saying you SHOULD have one, but it's a bit of a catch 22 at this point.
The mythology is you need a gun to protect yourself. They're seldom used that way, and the side effects of having them available to anyone who can pick them up is way too costly.
05-06-2017, 08:53 AM
"I need a gun to protect my family", yeah from every other person who also has a gun, thanks to the american amendments.

If those of you haven't seen it, here is a transcript of Australian comedian Jim Jefferies on gun control:

http://scrapsfromtheloft.com/2017/04/01/...ranscript/

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!