What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 08:55 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 08:46 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:44 AM)Twiggy Wrote:  Using the lives of people who lost them in tragic ways, as an argument?

If that's not shitty, I don't know what is.
Dismissing the deaths of children because people leave their toys laying around isn't shitty, however, it's just the way you are.

"some children may die", is not an argument, it's emotionalism.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Twiggy's post
05-06-2017, 09:04 AM
(05-06-2017 08:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Is the US, you probably need a gun for protection, because every other fucker has one as well. Not that I'm saying you SHOULD have one, but it's a bit of a catch 22 at this point.

The saner ones among us would deny that. I have never owned a gun, and never felt unsafe because of it. I have made it to the age of 62 without ever experiencing a situation where I thought "Gee, I wish I had a gun." People who feel unsafe without a gun are either extremely paranoid, or they live in extremely dangerous areas (and no, that description does not apply to the entire US).
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-06-2017, 09:13 AM
I've never felt unsafe before I owned guns, but I also don't feel unsafe now that I do.

But of course, I am coming from a Canadian perspective.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
05-06-2017, 09:35 AM
(05-06-2017 08:53 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  "I need a gun to protect my family", yeah from every other person who also has a gun, thanks to the american amendments.

If those of you haven't seen it, here is a transcript of Australian comedian Jim Jefferies on gun control:

http://scrapsfromtheloft.com/2017/04/01/...ranscript/

You DON'T need a gun to protect your family. You're putting your family in danger by having a gun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 09:38 AM
(05-06-2017 09:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:53 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  "I need a gun to protect my family", yeah from every other person who also has a gun, thanks to the american amendments.

If those of you haven't seen it, here is a transcript of Australian comedian Jim Jefferies on gun control:

http://scrapsfromtheloft.com/2017/04/01/...ranscript/

You DON'T need a gun to protect your family. You're putting your family in danger by having a gun.

I have six guns, guess my family is in 6x more danger now than a couple years ago.

Censored
05-06-2017, 09:57 AM
I think they cover the spectrum of humanity. I wonder sometimes about those who keep them for protection. Especially in the nice suburbs - maybe they need them to protect themselves from the nutjobs who also have easy access to a gun and can go off any minute.

Quote:A disgruntled former employee shot and killed multiple people at an Orlando, Florida, workplace Monday morning before killing himself, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said.
Three men and a woman were killed by the shooter, who then shot himself, Demings said. Another man died at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/us/orlando-fatalities/

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
05-06-2017, 10:28 AM
(05-06-2017 09:38 AM)Twiggy Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 09:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You DON'T need a gun to protect your family. You're putting your family in danger by having a gun.

I have six guns, guess my family is in 6x more danger now than a couple years ago.

I would say 36.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 10:34 AM
(05-06-2017 08:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I live in the UK, so things are slightly different here

They come in handy when people start carving folks up on London Bridge with 12 inch knives.
05-06-2017, 10:36 AM
(05-06-2017 09:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You DON'T need a gun to protect your family. You're putting your family in danger by having a gun.

Only you don't need one. Even with a broken leg, you can eliminate any threat with your awesomeness.
05-06-2017, 10:46 AM
(05-06-2017 10:34 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I live in the UK, so things are slightly different here

They come in handy when people start carving folks up on London Bridge with 12 inch knives.
That's the thing, would they though? Because surly the other guys would have them? Or at very best (assuming they dont) every man/women who has one on them instantly opens fire and probably kill MORE people in the cross fire.

(05-06-2017 10:36 AM)KUSA Wrote:  

Only you don't need one. Even with a broken leg, you can eliminate any threat with your awesomeness.
What even is this broken leg stuff? I caught some of the convo before, and I agree, I wouldn't want a gun in any situation.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick