What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 10:47 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 09:04 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Is the US, you probably need a gun for protection, because every other fucker has one as well. Not that I'm saying you SHOULD have one, but it's a bit of a catch 22 at this point.

The saner ones among us would deny that. I have never owned a gun, and never felt unsafe because of it. I have made it to the age of 62 without ever experiencing a situation where I thought "Gee, I wish I had a gun." People who feel unsafe without a gun are either extremely paranoid, or they live in extremely dangerous areas (and no, that description does not apply to the entire US).

Ditto here at 31. I live in one of the highest crime cities in the state, and an hour and change from Chicago with its over 3000+ gun deaths per year, but still have never had the thought, "I wish I had a gun" to feel safe.

Now my dad has a few hunting rifles, but they're locked in a gun cabinet and the ammunition is stored separately. His brother, however, does make me feel unsafe, and has a very large number of guns. And a license to buy and use explosives. And has pulled a gun on someone before.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
05-06-2017, 10:50 AM
I'd love to live where home invasions and break ins are never happening.

My guns are by my side to equalize my limited stature and inability to takedown whatever group of criminals make their way into my home forceably.

If you don't concern yourself with this kind of chit, that is your decision. Freedom of choice is a precious thing. Best you leave it alone before one of your coveted freedoms is on the wrong side of a percived liberal norn.

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
05-06-2017, 11:04 AM
They wanted a ridiculously over-the-top situation to show us why guns are vital. And they failed even there.
05-06-2017, 11:05 AM
(05-06-2017 10:50 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I'd love to live where home invasions and break ins are never happening.

My guns are by my side to equalize my limited stature and inability to takedown whatever group of criminals make their way into my home forceably.

If you don't concern yourself with this kind of chit, that is your decision. Freedom of choice is a precious thing. Best you leave it alone before one of your coveted freedoms is on the wrong side of a percived liberal norn.

Conservatives value property more than lives, yes?
05-06-2017, 11:54 AM
(05-06-2017 11:05 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 10:50 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I'd love to live where home invasions and break ins are never happening.

Conservatives value property more than lives, yes?

Come on that's an idiotic concludion.

Well being for me and family is at the forefront. Violence in these attacks is a predictable scenario; history has shown.
Is ones wellbeing and safety not both a liberal and consertive value?

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
05-06-2017, 12:00 PM
(05-06-2017 11:54 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 11:05 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Conservatives value property more than lives, yes?

Come on that's an idiotic concludion.

Well being for me and family is at the forefront. Violence in these attacks is a predictable scenario; history has shown.
Is ones wellbeing and safety not both a liberal and consertive value?

You haven't read the thread, so here you go:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...eople-die/
05-06-2017, 12:05 PM
(05-06-2017 12:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You haven't read the thread, so here you go:

This mostly means we have a crime and suicide problem. Well duh.

[Image: 54e36b86345a0bb84e52a976a776cd99.jpg]
05-06-2017, 12:08 PM

It doesn't have to be "never". There are occasional home invasions in my city (Madison, WI), and there are more than occasional shootings, but the ones I read about are usually targeted, and often drug-related. The chances of me being involved in one of these are minimal. The other kind of home invasion (where people break into a house for burglary) usually happens when nobody is home. In that case, a gun not only wouldn't help me, it would probably be stolen along with other valuables.

I am probably at more risk of being hit by a car while riding my bike (this has actually happened 3 times, as opposed to zero home invasions), but I don't wear full body armor every time I ride (I do wear a helmet). You can't live without risk. I'm not going to obsess over every bad thing that could possibly happen to me. And if you were to list those things in order of probability, home invasion (while I'm home) is way down the list. I feel as safe as I need to without a gun. Your mileage may vary.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
05-06-2017, 12:14 PM
(05-06-2017 12:05 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 12:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You haven't read the thread, so here you go:

This mostly means we have a crime and suicide problem. Well duh.

[Image: 54e36b86345a0bb84e52a976a776cd99.jpg]

Discardable humans, I see.
05-06-2017, 12:20 PM
(05-06-2017 12:08 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I am probably at more risk of being hit by a car while riding my bike (this has actually happened 3 times, as opposed to zero home invasions), but I don't wear full body armor every time I ride (I do wear a helmet).
Well go to the DMV and tell them to quit giving licenses to bad drivers.

Quote:You can't live without risk. I'm not going to obsess over every bad thing that could possibly happen to me.
I agree that's why I don't obsess either. I stay as prepared as I can though. Maybe you should quit obsessing over guns.

Quote:And if you were to list those things in order of probability, home invasion (while I'm home) is way down the list. I feel as safe as I need to without a gun. Your mileage may vary.
I felt safe driving for many years until someone pulled out in front of me causing a wreck. Now I worry if someone else is going to pull out in front of me. I'm glad I had my seatbelt on.