What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 12:22 PM
What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 12:14 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 12:05 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This mostly means we have a crime and suicide problem. Well duh.

[Image: 54e36b86345a0bb84e52a976a776cd99.jpg]

Discardable humans, I see.

I haven't discarded any humans. Go after the criminals and people that commit suicide. Good luck with the last one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2017, 12:24 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 12:05 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 12:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You haven't read the thread, so here you go:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...eople-die/

This mostly means we have a crime and suicide problem. Well duh.

The statistics of successful gun intervention is simply not tracked as closely if at all. I would concluse these stats are biased toward a political end.
(One is all I need to justify my prepardness.)

What is that Boy Scout motto that shines of common sense?

As for the hits while on a bike, time to take to the sidewalks if I were you.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 2 users Like BackSlider's post
05-06-2017, 12:41 PM
(05-06-2017 12:20 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 12:08 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I am probably at more risk of being hit by a car while riding my bike (this has actually happened 3 times, as opposed to zero home invasions), but I don't wear full body armor every time I ride (I do wear a helmet).
Well go to the DMV and tell them to quit giving licenses to bad drivers.

This is irrelevant. My point is that this risk is as great or greater than the risk of home invasion, and I don't lose any sleep over either of them.

Quote:
Quote:You can't live without risk. I'm not going to obsess over every bad thing that could possibly happen to me.
I agree that's why I don't obsess either. I stay as prepared as I can though. Maybe you should quit obsessing over guns.

I don't obsess over guns. I never think about them at all except when I see a thread like this. However, someone who is so worried about "home invasions" that they feel they must have a gun could be said to be obsessed with home invasions. I'm just poking a little fun at such people. Don't be so defensive. I'm not coming to take your guns away.
05-06-2017, 12:46 PM
(05-06-2017 12:24 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 12:05 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This mostly means we have a crime and suicide problem. Well duh.

The statistics of successful gun intervention is simply not tracked as closely if at all. I would concluse these stats are biased toward a political end.

Are you prepared for 34 times as many dead innocents as criminals? Do Boy Scouts run mortuaries?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Thankfully, I am not alone in how I interpret our Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights.

The Second Amendment is absolutely straight forward in declaring that this right of the People shall not be infringed.

I am always amazed at those who will not choose to defend themselves, their family and their property with firearms. I had a friend, whose husband was visibly stunned when she protested that she would not even resort to a baseball bat in the defense of their children. No act of violence from her was to be considered against home invaders or others seeking to do harm to their children.

And...I really wish that bikers would stay off the roads. It used to be the law that bikers were not allowed on roads that had a 60 (now 50) mph speed limit. Every year foolish bikers get killed or gravely injured because they believe they have protection because they have a right to bike on a narrow path (bike lane probably with a ditch on one side) beside vehicles traveling upwards of 40 mph. Just look at where you are riding for pity's sake! A slight miscalculation on the part of either driver and it is disaster. And...they often drag their children behind them in a carriage! I don't know what the statistics are, but it scares me half to death. I would never risk my own life or my child's life to ride a bike on a busy road.

So...I care about bikers and their kids. I care about me and my kids. I intend to act to protect my family and I do it by having guns. My family sees the reality of possible dangers and chooses to act to be prepared for them. Bikers wear a helmet against a fast moving vehicle? And...Gawdzilla will swing his crutch at the bad guys, just so he and his wife can say they do the "right thing" and keep their firearms locked up somewhere where they can't get to them should they need them.

Boggles my mind.

I don't personally know of any gun owning family that has had an "accident" involving a gun in the home. I have read of some really stupid acts of parents regarding guns and tragedies involving them, but more I read about how criminals shoot other criminals and shoot the victims of their crime.

Stop criminals, stop crime, end the killings.

The Left is obsessed with the rights of gun owners. Get obsessed with the real problem of crime. Do something with the Left-run cities where crime runs rampant. Elect a Conservative.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
05-06-2017, 01:02 PM
(05-06-2017 12:24 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  As for the hits while on a bike, time to take to the sidewalks if I were you.

Not a chance. The right to ride my bicycle on the road is just like the basic rights that you are so concerned about, and I would no more give up that right than you would give up yours. Sidewalks are for pedestrians. A bicycle is a vehicle, with the same rights and responsibilities as other vehicles. Telling me to "take to the sidewalks" is the equivalent of me telling you to "stay out of your home" if you're worried about home invasions.
05-06-2017, 01:04 PM
(05-06-2017 12:46 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 12:24 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  The statistics of successful gun intervention is simply not tracked as closely if at all. I would concluse these stats are biased toward a political end.

Are you prepared for 34 times as many dead innocents as criminals? Do Boy Scouts run mortuaries?

I am beginning to think you need to charge up your batteries, Gawdzilla. You sound unhinged over this topic.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
05-06-2017, 01:10 PM
(05-06-2017 01:04 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 12:46 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Are you prepared for 34 times as many dead innocents as criminals? Do Boy Scouts run mortuaries?

I am beginning to think you need to charge up your batteries, Gawdzilla. You sound unhinged over this topic.

And you sound defensive.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 01:12 PM
(05-06-2017 01:02 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  And...I really wish that bikers would stay off the roads. It used to be the law that bikers were not allowed on roads that had a 60 (now 50) mph speed limit. Every year foolish bikers get killed or gravely injured because they believe they have protection because they have a right to bike on a narrow path (bike lane probably with a ditch on one side) beside vehicles traveling upwards of 40 mph. Just look at where you are riding for pity's sake! A slight miscalculation on the part of either driver and it is disaster. And...they often drag their children behind them in a carriage! I don't know what the statistics are, but it scares me half to death. I would never risk my own life or my child's life to ride a bike on a busy road.

I know this thread is about guns and not bikes, but no -- I absolutely will not "stay off the roads". Most of the places I go to on my bike (including my daily commute to work) are not accessible any other way than by roads, and when I ride recreationally, I get absolutely no recreation riding on sidewalks or bike paths. I tend to avoid highways and such, but "staying off the roads" completely is not a realistic option. The fact that there are inept drivers out there does not obligate everyone else to stay off the roads. When there's a problem, you don't run away from it, you fix it. And children are irrelevant here. I don't have any.
05-06-2017, 01:14 PM
(05-06-2017 01:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 12:24 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  As for the hits while on a bike, time to take to the sidewalks if I were you.

Not a chance. The right to ride my bicycle on the road is just like the basic rights that you are so concerned about, and I would no more give up that right than you would give up yours. Sidewalks are for pedestrians. A bicycle is a vehicle, with the same rights and responsibilities as other vehicles. Telling me to "take to the sidewalks" is the equivalent of me telling you to "stay out of your home" if you're worried about home invasions.
LOL
wow,
I was merily suggesting the common sense suggestion. Stay on the street and continue to take your chances with all the texting, dialing, eating distracted drivsrs, it's your Darwin given right.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post