What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 01:43 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 01:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Stay in your home and take your chances with all those home invaders. It's your Darwin-given right. This is as realistic as your suggestion to me.

You seem to be missing my point. I do the things I do (and will continue to do them) without obsessing over every little thing that could possibly go wrong. I'm not going to be scared off the roads because there are some bad drivers, any more than you should be scared out of your home by the (small) risk of "home invasions". I take reasonable precautions, but I'm not going to go cower in a corner somewhere because there are (gasp!) risks.

Is this what you think gun owners are doing? LOL. We "take reasonable precautions" just as you say you do. Got that helmet on?

I never ride without a helmet. That's a reasonable precaution. Equivalent precautions for a homeowner would be to keep your doors locked, etc. If you also want to own guns, I have no problem with that. But to say that you "need" guns to be safe is over the top, in my opinion. I don't think you need them at all. I don't have any, and I am a person who takes reasonable precautions (like wearing a helmet when I ride my bike, avoiding highways, etc.).

I'm not anti-gun. But I am anti-fear mongering.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-06-2017, 02:17 PM
(05-06-2017 01:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I drove over a lady in Indiana who thought she didn't have to cross a street safely or even look. She was hidden from my sight by a tree until she was six feet from the crosswalk, going at a good clip. They had to jack my truck off of her. Not very smart.

You shouldn't have been driving there. You risk other people's lives just so you can drive your big truck around. I guess dead people don't matter to you.
05-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Locks really?
They kick doors in, or jimmy a widow lock in the back, so locks are not the deturrant you'd hope it might be.

Oh, I'm not cowering either btw, just prepared for the three degenerates.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
05-06-2017, 02:40 PM
(05-06-2017 01:02 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  The Left is obsessed with the rights of gun owners. Get obsessed with the real problem of crime. Do something with the Left-run cities where crime runs rampant. Elect a Conservative.

Except that's the issue, isn't it? Because most gun crime committed in cities where "the Left" has harsh anti-gun laws are due to guns being brought in from surrounding cities and states where conservatives have pushed for more lax gun laws.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
05-06-2017, 03:02 PM
(05-06-2017 02:40 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 01:02 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  The Left is obsessed with the rights of gun owners. Get obsessed with the real problem of crime. Do something with the Left-run cities where crime runs rampant. Elect a Conservative.

Except that's the issue, isn't it? Because most gun crime committed in cities where "the Left" has harsh anti-gun laws are due to guns being brought in from surrounding cities and states where conservatives have pushed for more lax gun laws.

Then why isn't it as much of an issue in the conservative areas that they are obtained in? Maybe it's because the good guys have guns too.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
05-06-2017, 03:16 PM
(05-06-2017 03:02 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Then why isn't it as much of an issue in the conservative areas that they are obtained in? Maybe it's because the good guys have guns too.

If so they won't be a voting bloc much longer, they'll have shot each other.
05-06-2017, 03:16 PM
(05-06-2017 03:02 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 02:40 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Except that's the issue, isn't it? Because most gun crime committed in cities where "the Left" has harsh anti-gun laws are due to guns being brought in from surrounding cities and states where conservatives have pushed for more lax gun laws.

Then why isn't it as much of an issue in the conservative areas that they are obtained in? Maybe it's because the good guys have guns too.

So the "wild, wild west" is your model for the perfect society? No, thanks.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-06-2017, 03:32 PM
(05-06-2017 03:16 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 03:02 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Then why isn't it as much of an issue in the conservative areas that they are obtained in? Maybe it's because the good guys have guns too.

So the "wild, wild west" is your model for the perfect society? No, thanks.

What could possibly go wrong with a cowboy with a gun in a situation where he/she really doesn't know who to shoot and why they should be shot? I mean, COME ON! The Good Guy With A Gun is the answer to every tense situation. Fender benders, poor parking, jaywalking, lawn not cut frequently enough, anything where a gun would make things better. The more people we have running around with guns the fewer people we'll have in the future, so it's good for the environment too!
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
05-06-2017, 04:11 PM
(05-06-2017 01:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  In Indiana it's illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalks. In Missouri you can, but you have to follow rules for pedestrians. I drove over a lady in Indiana who thought she didn't have to cross a street safely or even look. She was hidden from my sight by a tree until she was six feet from the crosswalk, going at a good clip. They had to jack my truck off of her. Not very smart.

And what if she had a kid in a stroller...what if you killed that kid. And what if she had been pregnant? You speak of what you did with a degree of glee and no remorse because you are victim blaming.

You are a demented individual who shouldn't be allowed to have a gun because you are an unstable anger ball.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-06-2017, 04:14 PM
(05-06-2017 04:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 01:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  In Indiana it's illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalks. In Missouri you can, but you have to follow rules for pedestrians. I drove over a lady in Indiana who thought she didn't have to cross a street safely or even look. She was hidden from my sight by a tree until she was six feet from the crosswalk, going at a good clip. They had to jack my truck off of her. Not very smart.

And what if she had a kid in a stroller...what if you killed that kid. And what if she had been pregnant? You speak of what you did with a degree of glee and no remorse because you are victim blaming.

You are a demented individual who shouldn't be allowed to have a gun because you are an unstable anger ball.
Are you as ugly as you post? The biker was traveling at speed and went out in front of me. Mom's who do that with strollers are probably like you, inadvisable that they breed.

And you can come get my guns if you'd like to try. I'll take you to the range and give you three rounds headstart.