What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 05:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:10 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Nope, disappointed that you don't have the balls.

Keep on, this is making a nice little list.

As your trolling career goes on you'll have many more I think.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2017, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 06:05 PM by KUSA.)
What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(05-06-2017 04:52 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 04:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Threat....not thead.

Rave on.

Now you are suggesting that I kill myself.

Hoping, but cowards really aren't the type to off themselves.

I see your true colors are coming out. This whole time you act like you care about the wellbeing of others but you don't. You threaten to kill her by putting 3 rounds in her head and then you tell her to kill herself.

What a poor specimen of a human you are.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
05-06-2017, 06:06 PM
(05-06-2017 02:40 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 01:02 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  The Left is obsessed with the rights of gun owners. Get obsessed with the real problem of crime. Do something with the Left-run cities where crime runs rampant. Elect a Conservative.

Except that's the issue, isn't it? Because most gun crime committed in cities where "the Left" has harsh anti-gun laws are due to guns being brought in from surrounding cities and states where conservatives have pushed for more lax gun laws.

in the same vain, we need comsense laws. i live on the east coast. 6-shooters, bolt action rifles, and pumps are all that is needed. we can outlaw auto hand guns like we out law 15 year old drivers.

But, i also agree that one drug dealer killing another is the price of doing business, not murder. let natural selection work a little bit. we used to say, "we don't drive by, we snipe, and we know who you are; don't come back." never had a drive by on our side of the tracks. but they were certainly sniped on the other. No innocent bystander killed either. Weeping

of course, I don't do guns myself. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes AB517's post
05-06-2017, 06:06 PM
I am temporarily closing this thread until admin can view it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-06-2017, 07:40 PM
(05-06-2017 05:18 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  As your trolling career goes on you'll have many more I think.

Quit behaving like a fool and stop being a dick.

Thread reopened.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-06-2017, 09:28 PM
I actually found this thread while googling "Atheist gun owners", it seems this thread was dead for a while, until I commented. LOL.

Today, I ran into one member of my local gun club, as well as the president of the club. But then again, I live in a small 55k person town.

In Canada there is no "gun problem" and so I don't think my country has a real need for gun control. However, america has 10x the popoulation of Canada, different cultural and social influences.

I'm starting to think that America is just a generally fucked up place.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
[+] 2 users Like Twiggy's post
05-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Sadcryface Need theist munchies, here. The atheists are feeding on each other, now.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-06-2017, 11:32 PM
(05-06-2017 06:58 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  The second amendment was written specifically to allow the government to call upon civilians in a time of national distress; attack from another nation or insurrection. There was no standing army at the time, so the "well-regulated militia" consisted of mostly farmers.

Which tenet has now been conveniently hijacked and distorted by—particularly—the NRA. And which has given gun owners the false sense that they somehow have an automatic and inalienable "right" to own as many firearms as they like.

Quote:It's also easy to forget that the 2nd amendment (ratified in December 1791) went hand-in-hand with Militia Act of 1792 (passed May 2, 1792).

But which most US gun owners don't know and/or choose to ignore. Ask any US gun owner for the gist of the Militia Act, and watch the blank looks.

Quote:The long and short of it is this: the 2nd amendment is for another time in the distant past. It's outdated, outmoded but used by billion-dollar organizations to great effect to make money for firearms manufacturers, the NRA and the like.

In 1792, around 99% of the American population believed in the existence of gods. In an enlightened, science-based 21st century that's not nearly the case. 200 years ago, we believed in witchcraft, and hanged "witches". We used leeches to suck out the "ill humors" from sick people and the ingestion of pure mercury to "heal" syphilis. And to cure a migraine; trepanning—cutting a large hole in the skull to "relieve pressure" on the brain! Female "hysteria" was a common medical diagnosis, found exclusively in women, and the Negroid race was considered to be intellectually inferior.

—Society has moved on, but gun laws haven't.

Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-06-2017, 12:22 AM
(05-06-2017 10:50 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I'd love to live where home invasions and break ins are never happening.

Wouldn't we all. Cool Unfortunately, regardless of which major city you live in, anywhere in the world, (except Iceland) that ain't ever gonna happen.

Quote:My guns are by my side to equalize my limited stature and inability to takedown whatever group of criminals make their way into my home forceably.

I'm not quite sure that being 6'-5" and weighing 250 lbs is gonna save you from an armed gang of home invaders, regardless. And if you're 5'-2" and don't cast a shadow, then no amount of armament is gonna change the outcome of an invasion—unless you kill them all. And then possibly face multiple charges of manslaughter (the unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection).

I also think you may be overstating the incidence of armed home invasions, although I'd be interested in seeing some US crime statistics before judging that. In the city of Melbourne (where I used to live) the incidence of home invasions in the suburbs that comprise the city averaged between 58 to 90 to the 12 months ending 2016. Considering Melbourne has a population of nearly 5 million people, that average wouldn't strike me as worthy of rushing out and buying a gun.

[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
06-06-2017, 12:50 AM
(05-06-2017 01:02 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  The Second Amendment is absolutely straight forward in declaring that this right of the People shall not be infringed...

Not necessarily. The Second Amendment of the Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

On the one hand, some believe that the Amendment's phrase "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms" creates an individual constitutional right for citizens of the United States. Under this "individual right theory" the Constitution restricts legislative bodies from prohibiting firearm possession, or at the very least, the Amendment renders prohibitory and restrictive regulation presumptively unconstitutional.

On the other hand, some scholars point to the prefatory language "a well regulated Militia" to argue that the framers intended only to restrict Congress from legislating away a state's right to self-defense, and have come to call this theory "the collective rights theory". A collective rights theory of the Second Amendment asserts that citizens do not have an individual right to possess guns and that local, state, and federal legislative bodies therefore possess the authority to regulate firearms without implicating a constitutional right.

Briefly then, the term "people", as written 200 years ago, could hold the inference of an instrumentality of the State or the electorate, and not an individual person. So the Second Amendment is certainly not "straightforward" as you claim.

See also United States v. Miller (No. 696).

[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post