What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
@unsapien and Twiggy

(03-06-2017 06:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I used to teach violence in the Navy. I was rather good at it. I don't need a gun to slaughter someone, something I've proved more than once.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2017, 09:07 PM
funny, I've only came accross one vet and one current military person in my life, who is anti-gun.

A lot of pro-gun people are either current, or ex-military. Including a couple at my gun club I am attending tomorrow night.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
07-06-2017, 07:10 AM
(06-06-2017 09:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  @unsapien and Twiggy

(03-06-2017 06:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I used to teach violence in the Navy. I was rather good at it. I don't need a gun to slaughter someone, something I've proved more than once.

I don't agree with everything Gawdzilla has said in this thread, and I occasionally find his attitude alarming, but let's be fair -- he has never admitted to being a "murderer", either in the quoted statement or elsewhere. He has admitted to killing, in a military context. That's not (necessarily) the same thing as murder. War is all about killing. If you're going to engage in war, you had better be good at killing.

Whether or not war is justifiable (IMHO, sometimes it is) is another topic.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
07-06-2017, 07:13 AM
(06-06-2017 03:32 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 03:21 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why? The White House and a lot of Washington was burned. The militia skedaddled.
Unbelievable you've made my day with that irrelevant time frame reference. Weren't they carrying their shot around in Beaver scrotums but then?

You seem to have entirely missed his point. It would have been much more plausible for an armed populace (i.e., militia) to be a deterrent to invasion in 1812 than it is now -- and it didn't work even then. If it didn't work then, what makes you think it's even remotely feasible now, when an invading army would have weapons that make your guns look about as effective as a cap gun?
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
07-06-2017, 07:55 AM
(07-06-2017 07:10 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

I don't agree with everything Gawdzilla has said in this thread, and I occasionally find his attitude alarming, but let's be fair -- he has never admitted to being a "murderer", either in the quoted statement or elsewhere. He has admitted to killing, in a military context. That's not (necessarily) the same thing as murder. War is all about killing. If you're going to engage in war, you had better be good at killing.

I expect he enjoyed it. The way he puts things I expect he is the type that's licks the blade after he carves someone up.
07-06-2017, 08:05 AM

I avoided "fair fights" whenever possible, so "murder" is a term that could be, and sometimes was, used to describe what I was doing.

@Twiggy, where did you get that I was anti-gun. Haven't read the thread?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2017, 08:41 AM
You are anti gun as it relates to self defense.
07-06-2017, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 09:00 AM by jennybee.)

I think KUSA's point was you can't exactly be sitting on a zen lotus leaf telling others they are wrong for protecting themselves with a firearm, when you yourself have done the same thing. That said, people can change their views on things. But I think KUSA was pointing out the irony. I do think the term "murderer" was a bit harsh though to say to someone who was protecting our country. Just my opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-06-2017, 08:58 AM
(07-06-2017 08:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think KUSA's point was you can't exactly be sitting on a zen lotus leaf telling others they are wrong for protecting themselves with a firearm, when you yourself have done the same thing.

There's a world of difference between a trained soldier, under orders and potentially in combat, using a weapon to defend his/herself or platoon, and an untrained civilian carrying around a loaded weapon in one's home or on a street because they suffer from the delusion that carrying a weapon makes them safer.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
07-06-2017, 09:03 AM
(07-06-2017 08:58 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 08:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think KUSA's point was you can't exactly be sitting on a zen lotus leaf telling others they are wrong for protecting themselves with a firearm, when you yourself have done the same thing.

There's a world of difference between a trained soldier, under orders and potentially in combat, using a weapon to defend his/herself or platoon, and an untrained civilian carrying around a loaded weapon in one's home or on a street because they suffer from the delusion that carrying a weapon makes them safer.

So in Jeanne's example--her living on a remote farm with her daughter and baby granddaughter, in an area with various criminal activity--it would be better for her not to have a gun even if she knows how to use it? She's got a war going on right in her backyard.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post