What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2017, 10:59 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(07-06-2017 10:46 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 10:44 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I just find your conclusion is simply incorrect.
There is no delusion to that our streets and shopping areas are crime ridden.

Like having a spare tire and tool bag in my trunk, I'm sufficiently prepared to deal with any (elevation) of situation, lets say if my necklace or watch catches the wrong guys' eye.

So, not safer, but prepard for the worse (that could possibly even turn out to be life threatening.)
Are you under the impression that more guns make things better?

For me personally and my loved ones, yes.

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
07-06-2017, 11:01 AM
(07-06-2017 10:59 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 10:46 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Are you under the impression that more guns make things better?

That's not what he meant, though, and I'm guessing you were aware of that.

Suppose everyone thought like you, and everyone carried guns wherever they went. Would the world (or the US) be a safer place? My answer is a resounding "No". You have yet to give yours.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
07-06-2017, 11:01 AM
(07-06-2017 10:59 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 10:46 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Are you under the impression that more guns make things better?

Unfortunately you are not alone on this planet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2017, 11:06 AM
(07-06-2017 10:58 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 10:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm not going to do that because I don't dislike you and I agree with some of your points, there really is no need to be so defensive and angry at me we are having a discussion and on some points we disagree that's all.

See? I was neither defensive nor angry, but you chose to read my post that way. I have no control over that.

I'm out, generally you are a good guy mate but at the moment you definitely have the red mist up and I cannot have a productive discourse with someone who has the old red mist will not concede points or even seems capable at the moment of being able to appreciate other view points. Wether you mean to or not you are currently coming across as someone who is right because they say so. I'm sorry because I think you are an ok guy, hopefully we will meet again but under less stressful circumstances.
07-06-2017, 11:23 AM
(26-01-2015 05:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This thread will have to be primarily for those in the US - as most countries gun laws are so strict as to prevent the "average Joe" from gun ownership.

What is your opinion of gun ownership?

I am a gun owner. I grew up around guns, and have always considered them to be something that every person should have at least a basic working understanding of. I like guns as an investment. If properly purchased - you never lose money on one. I like to shoot, build guns, and provide meat for my table every year by taking at least a couple of whitetail deer. (I'll take roadkill as well. I'm not squeamish).

I have a concealed carry permit - and have carried a gun daily since 2001 - without an incident. I've held classes at my house, for people wanting their concealed carry license (mandatory in this state). Everyone in my immediate family (except my niece - she just came of age) has a carry permit as well. None of us have ever had a mishap with a firearm.

I marvel at those people who think "guns are evil". I simply don't understand how someone can be so anthropomorphic as to assign "evil" to a chunk of steel.

I've always been a wuss.I marched in all the AntiVietnam war parades I could, and every since then I have been anti killing and antigun. Most guns are manufactured with the express purpose of killing humans in my opinion. Last year I worked in Tennessee in a Walmart for a short period. These hillbilly kids would come in with a holster strapped on their hip with a John Wayne type gun in it and most would swagger as they strutted around some even patting their gun as they strut. Somebody shoulda shot them goats!
07-06-2017, 12:57 PM
(07-06-2017 11:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 10:59 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  For me personally and my loved ones, yes.

That's not what he meant, though, and I'm guessing you were aware of that.

Suppose everyone thought like you, and everyone carried guns wherever they went. Would the world (or the US) be a safer place? My answer is a resounding "No". You have yet to give yours.

Idaho for one is an open carry state and has pretty low crime rates, so I would tend to think probably. You are aware more states allow CCW or open carry than those states that don't?

What's important is that I will be better equipped to deal with a life threating crime against me & mine than most of you. You, are not my problem or concern. I'll be responsible for me. You do wft you want.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
07-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Holy Censored how do people with jobs and stuff keep up with these conversations? Gasp

Every time I step out for a shift I come back to a damn novel. And not even a very good one. Needs more ninjas.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-06-2017, 01:20 PM
(07-06-2017 01:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Holy Censored how do people with jobs and stuff keep up with these conversations? Gasp

Every time I step out for a shift I come back to a damn novel. And not even a very good one. Needs more ninjas.

I'm a fast reader and in between yoga classes, I mostly scroll through to read the posts that make me want to Popcorn...and bypass all the others Big Grin Not that you don't all have interesting things to say mind you Tongue
07-06-2017, 01:23 PM
(07-06-2017 12:57 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 11:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That's not what he meant, though, and I'm guessing you were aware of that.

Idaho for one is an open carry state and has pretty low crime rates, so I would tend to think probably. You are aware more states allow CCW or open carry than those states that don't?

What's important is that I will be better equipped to deal with a life threating crime against me & mine than most of you. You, are not my problem or concern. I'll be responsible for me. You do wft you want.

You're still not answering the question, which usually means you don't have a case and know you don't have a case. Idaho is one state out of 50, in one country out of hundreds. It is statistically insignificant. It also has a relatively small and spread-out population, which tends to have an effect on crime rates.

I don't know about open carry, but almost all the states (if not all of them -- Wisconsin was one of two holdouts, and we legalized it a few years ago -- although, sadly, without requiring any training to go along with the permit) allow concealed carry, so it's hard to draw any comparisons there.

However, none of that answers the question Gawdzilla asked, and I repeated in a different form. Regardless of what is legal or not, do you think the US would be a safer place (or a better place) to live if everyone actually did carry a gun? Notice that I'm not asking about being allowed to carry a gun. What if everyone actually did so? Would that make everyone safer? The more guns, the better? Or is there some limit? Is there some sort of reasonable restriction (on who can own guns and/or what kinds of guns they can own and/or how many guns they can own)?
07-06-2017, 01:28 PM
(07-06-2017 01:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Needs more ninjas.

[Image: 20121101-093218.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post