What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(08-06-2017 08:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Not so; that's nothing more than a personal opinion.

Dr Arthur L. Kellerman, MD, MPH, FACEP, founder of Emory University's Department of Emergency Medicine, who spent years as an emergency room doctor, says that people who keep guns in the home are more likely to be victims of homicide than those who don't. He points out that there is a better chance that the gun meant for protection will be used in domestic violence, suicide, or to injure a child.

"Believe me when I tell you this. The victims are not the bad guys. It's usually someone that the owner of the gun cares about," he said. "My research showed that a gun owner was 43 times more likely to shoot and kill a family member than that he'd shoot and kill anybody else."
James E. Causey, Journal Sentinel, 18 May 2013

Another obvious comparison is Australia with its strict firearm laws, and zero carrying licenses, and the US with its slack firearms ownership and carry laws. America has more than four times the gun homicide death rate than that of Australia.

The bullshit here???

The murder rate for Australians was about 1/4 that of the USA BEFORE they outlawed guns...

But shit, it SOUNDS good from a banning point of view, huh???

The truth of the matter??? Some Americans LIKE killing people..... The guns just keep blood off the shooters shoes......

Banning guns is just easier than fixing broken human beings.....

Disclaimer up front: I'm not in favor of banning guns (see my earlier post on this page).

However, while we're trying to figure out how to fix broken human beings, there's something to be said for limiting the amount of damage they can do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-06-2017, 09:10 AM
(08-06-2017 09:06 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 08:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The bullshit here???

The murder rate for Australians was about 1/4 that of the USA BEFORE they outlawed guns...

The truth of the matter??? Some Americans LIKE killing people..... The guns just keep blood off the shooters shoes......

Disclaimer up front: I'm not in favor of banning guns (see my earlier post on this page).

However, while we're trying to figure out how to fix broken human beings, there's something to be said for limiting the amount of damage they can do.

I'm definitely for stricter gun laws and the requirement of additional training. I don't think things are perfect by far, but banning guns outright--No.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-06-2017, 09:12 AM
(08-06-2017 08:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Not so; that's nothing more than a personal opinion.

Dr Arthur L. Kellerman, MD, MPH, FACEP, founder of Emory University's Department of Emergency Medicine, who spent years as an emergency room doctor, says that people who keep guns in the home are more likely to be victims of homicide than those who don't. He points out that there is a better chance that the gun meant for protection will be used in domestic violence, suicide, or to injure a child.

"Believe me when I tell you this. The victims are not the bad guys. It's usually someone that the owner of the gun cares about," he said. "My research showed that a gun owner was 43 times more likely to shoot and kill a family member than that he'd shoot and kill anybody else."
James E. Causey, Journal Sentinel, 18 May 2013

Another obvious comparison is Australia with its strict firearm laws, and zero carrying licenses, and the US with its slack firearms ownership and carry laws. America has more than four times the gun homicide death rate than that of Australia.

The bullshit here???

Yeah, bullet holes are sometimes hard to plug.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2017, 09:16 AM
At work.

Would like to post a link to the Jim Jefferies comedy routine about guns.

Good Aussie perspective. Big Grin
08-06-2017, 09:23 AM
(08-06-2017 09:16 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Would like to post a link to the Jim Jefferies comedy routine about guns.

Good Aussie perspective. Big Grin

Jim Jefferies -- Gun Control (Part 1) from BARE -- Netflix ... - YouTube

[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-06-2017, 09:29 AM
At work.

Thank'e! Thumbsup
08-06-2017, 09:41 AM
(08-06-2017 09:29 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Thank'e! Thumbsup

No problem, I'd do the same for somebody I like. Smartass
08-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Well my opinion is all that really matters to me in this context.

What's your plan SYZ when you see murderous mayhem headed your way and no safe way out?

You have to be odd to be #1.
08-06-2017, 09:54 AM
(08-06-2017 09:49 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Well my opinion is all that really matters to me in this context.

What's your plan SYZ when you see murderous mayhem headed your way and no safe way out?

Your plan is to be part of the mayhem? My plan is to not be there. If murderous mayhem in the form of a rioting mob is coming my way I'll have plenty of warning. If it comes my way in the form of someone lying in wait there's nothing I can do regardless of how well armed I am. And why are you so sure that murderous mayhem *is* coming your way in the first place? You sound like a doomsday prepper.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
08-06-2017, 10:03 AM
(08-06-2017 09:49 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Well my opinion is all that really matters to me in this context.

Seems that some people plan to be part of that murderous mayhem. NRA Hall of Shame, I mean Fame candidate.