What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(08-06-2017 09:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 09:49 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Well my opinion is all that really matters to me in this context.

What's your plan SYZ when you see murderous mayhem headed your way and no safe way out?

Your plan is to be part of the mayhem? My plan is to not be there. If murderous mayhem in the form of a rioting mob is coming my way I'll have plenty of warning. If it comes my way in the form of someone lying in wait there's nothing I can do regardless of how well armed I am. And why are you so sure that murderous mayhem *is* coming your way in the first place? You sound like a doomsday prepper.
You don't watch the news do you?
My cupboards are barely one month out to HUNGRY, so prepper I'm not. Just claim responsiblty for my own safety and well being.

Name callin doesn't mean it sticks guys.

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Again, Wyatt Earp I am not, or aspire to be.
Little hope I would stick my neck out for you if my firearm is to be involved. That degree of life altering action is only there for me and my coveted.

Sorry I don't fit your perception perfectly, but keep asking and making the same incorrect inferences and you may eventually hone in?
Nah.

[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
08-06-2017, 10:36 AM
(08-06-2017 10:32 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Again, Wyatt Earp I am not, or aspire to be.
Little hope I would stick my neck out for you if my firearm is to be involved. That degree of life altering action is only there for me and my coveted.

Sorry I don't fit your perception perfectly, but keep asking and making the same incorrect inferences and you may eventually hone in?
Nah.
I mean no description of a single individual, but the coat fits a lot of people I know personally.

And please don't even consider sticking your neck out for me. More than likely you'd just add to the chaos.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2017, 11:18 AM
(08-06-2017 10:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 10:32 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Again, Wyatt Earp I am not, or aspire to be.

Nah.
I mean no description of a single individual, but the coat fits a lot of people I know personally.

And please don't even consider sticking your neck out for me. More than likely you'd just add to the chaos.

Law abiding gun owners "add to the mayhem"?????

Odd...

My dad and grandfather were gun owners, as am I, both my sisters, my brother and laws and both my niece and nephew. If you add it up - that's over 200 gun ownership years - and not a single accident or violent incidence. None of us have any criminal record of ANY sort. The ONLY criminal incidence any of us have had - is my sister and BIL's house was broken into 25 years ago - and none of his guns were stolen as they were properly stored in a locked gun safe.

So tell me - exactly what are we doing wrong?????

I'm wondering why there aren't piles of bodies laying about...

Consider

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Quote:Law abiding gun owners "add to the mayhem"?????
It's possible, and IMNSHO likely. Just have them open fire in a confused situation and see what happens. Things are better? No way to know. Somebody sees them firing, can't figure out if they're good guys or bad guys, and opens fire on them. Mayhem.
08-06-2017, 01:11 PM
(08-06-2017 12:58 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
Quote:Law abiding gun owners "add to the mayhem"?????
It's possible, and IMNSHO likely. Just have them open fire in a confused situation and see what happens. Things are better? No way to know. Somebody sees them firing, can't figure out if they're good guys or bad guys, and opens fire on them. Mayhem.

In my neighborhood it's unusual to NOT hear gunfire daily, as there are dozens of avid shooters with private ranges within a couple of miles of me.

There was a killing a few years ago up the road.

A methhead stabbed his brother to death....

So far ( since 1936 when my grandpa moved here from Chicago) nobody has opened fire on a neighbor who was shooting....

Or anybody else for that matter.

You must live around some pretty unbalanced people....

Have you considered moving???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-06-2017, 01:28 PM
You didn't address my points, you just deflected. That's a telling point.
08-06-2017, 02:32 PM
(08-06-2017 10:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Nah.

Simply why I would leave you on your own. I don't need a fickle jury trying to figure out why I stepped up and helped you. "Personal protection" doesn't include everyone in the area.

I'm way ahead of you on that and a few other.

[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
08-06-2017, 02:56 PM
(08-06-2017 02:32 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 10:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I mean no description of a single individual, but the coat fits a lot of people I know personally.

Simply why I would leave you on your own. I don't need a fickle jury trying to figure out why I stepped up and helped you. "Personal protection" doesn't include everyone in the area.

I'm way ahead of you on that and a few other.

Not really. I'm talking real world, not courts. But I do appreciate your selectiveness, is there anyone you defend other than yourself?
08-06-2017, 03:38 PM
(01-06-2017 11:13 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I have no real problem with guns. In the hands of train response able people they can be fun and useful.

But I just find it bizarre that we require people to take classes, and tests prior to owning a car and even more so with motorcycles and trucks. But a person can walk into a gun show and walk out with it the same day. I would imagine people would feel more comfortable knowing a person buying the gun was in the right state of mind. If a person wished to buy a fully automatic rifle having the proper license prior to the purchase could (in my mind) negate many of the more violent offenders.

The second amendment is a thing. But the constitution is a living document that is made to be altered and adjusted with the the times.

A federal license is required to own a fully automatic firearm.