What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(08-06-2017 01:28 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You didn't address my points, you just deflected. That's a telling point.

Sorry. Vague, hypothetical, biased scenarios don't even rate as rhetorical questions.

So don't expect them to be answered.

Count yourself lucky if they are simply acknowledged.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-06-2017, 05:23 PM
(08-06-2017 05:16 PM)AB517 Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 03:44 PM)Rik Wrote:  ...and if you don't, you're one incident away from being a corpse.

the key word in his sentence is accident. Accidental shootings are not numerous enough to be of more concern than following the basic guidelines. If not, its a stat and you may go to jail. The same as if you left a kid in the car and it died.

Its just not worth debating past filling in time.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...eople-die/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2017, 05:24 PM
(08-06-2017 05:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 01:28 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You didn't address my points, you just deflected. That's a telling point.

Sorry. Vague, hypothetical, biased scenarios don't even rate as rhetorical questions.

I don't expect anything but dodging, and "lucky" isn't the term for having to read some responses.
08-06-2017, 05:24 PM
(08-06-2017 05:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 04:51 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Pisspoor deflection with another name calling.
Answer the tough question.

It's really not the cincher you seem to think it is. The point is that such a situation is quite unlikely to occur and Gawdzilla and others have made the judgement that the risk inherent in having a firearm handy exceeds the risk of getting torn apart by an angry mob, or whatever fever dream you've cooked up that absolutely mandates that the only way you'll survive is with your trusty weapon.

key words "at the ready". Thats just stupid for 99% of us.

Yes, the risk to myself is far greater than to the probability of the robber in my house. However, there are parts near me that not owning doesn't matter. You are in danger.

guns or no guns doesn't determine if they are going to try and hurt you. They do decide if you have a chance not to get hurt.

ut oh, I used the word "decide" with an inanimate object ... maybe I should duck.
08-06-2017, 05:29 PM
(08-06-2017 05:24 PM)AB517 Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 05:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's really not the cincher you seem to think it is. The point is that such a situation is quite unlikely to occur and Gawdzilla and others have made the judgement that the risk inherent in having a firearm handy exceeds the risk of getting torn apart by an angry mob, or whatever fever dream you've cooked up that absolutely mandates that the only way you'll survive is with your trusty weapon.

key words "at the ready". Thats just stupid for 99% of us.

Yes, the risk to myself is far greater than to the probability of the robber in my house. However, there are parts near me that not owning doesn't matter. You are in danger.

guns or no guns doesn't determine if they are going to try and hurt you. They do decide if you have a chance not to get hurt.

ut oh, I used the word "decide" with an inanimate object ... maybe I should duck.
I have posted material that shows that having a gun available for immediate use is very dangerous to children in the house and only slightly less dangerous to the adults in the household. Do you disagree with that?
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-06-2017, 05:32 PM
(08-06-2017 05:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 05:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Sorry. Vague, hypothetical, biased scenarios don't even rate as rhetorical questions.

I don't expect anything but dodging, and "lucky" isn't the term for having to read some responses.

Nobody is " dodging".

Stupid "what ifs" don't count as legitimate points of debate.

Come up with some, and we'll talk....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-06-2017, 05:38 PM
(08-06-2017 05:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 05:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I don't expect anything but dodging, and "lucky" isn't the term for having to read some responses.

Nobody is " dodging".

Stupid "what ifs" don't count as legitimate points of debate.

Come up with some, and we'll talk....
You just keep dodging, and it's tedious. Well, I didn't have any hope from the start.
08-06-2017, 05:48 PM
(08-06-2017 05:03 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 04:51 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Pisspoor deflection with another name calling.
Read the thread.

Deflection again?
Loosing interest in anything else you have to rebut.
Give me a post number if your voice to text isn't working as I really doubt you have giving a spot on reply.

You have to be odd to be #1.
08-06-2017, 05:52 PM
(08-06-2017 05:48 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 05:03 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Read the thread.

Deflection again?
Loosing interest in anything else you have to rebut.
Give me a post number if your voice to text isn't working as I really doubt you have giving a spot on reply.
How about I read it to you so you won't be remiss in your responsibilities as an adult contributor to this forum?
08-06-2017, 05:54 PM
(08-06-2017 05:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  

It's really not the cincher you seem to think it is. The point is that such a situation is quite unlikely to occur and Gawdzilla and others have made the judgement that the risk inherent in having a firearm handy exceeds the risk of getting torn apart by an angry mob, or whatever fever dream you've cooked up that absolutely mandates that the only way you'll survive is with your trusty weapon.

I don't think this is any kind of "clincher" question as you put it. I just think Gawdzilla is incapable of providing an adequate answer I can change my opinion on.
Mercy my trusty weapon? There truly is a phobia for anything ballistic.
You can grab a chair or a bat, or your ballz, that's your choice.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post