What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(08-06-2017 05:54 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 05:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's really not the cincher you seem to think it is. The point is that such a situation is quite unlikely to occur and Gawdzilla and others have made the judgement that the risk inherent in having a firearm handy exceeds the risk of getting torn apart by an angry mob, or whatever fever dream you've cooked up that absolutely mandates that the only way you'll survive is with your trusty weapon.

I don't think this is any kind of "clincher" question as you put it. I just think Gawdzilla is incapable of providing an adequate answer I can change my opinion on.
Mercy my trusty weapon? There truly is a phobia for anything ballistic.
You can grab a chair or a bat, or your ballz, that's your choice.
You are responding to a one-person thread there, I believe.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 01:37 AM
(08-06-2017 05:54 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 05:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's really not the cincher you seem to think it is. The point is that such a situation is quite unlikely to occur and Gawdzilla and others have made the judgement that the risk inherent in having a firearm handy exceeds the risk of getting torn apart by an angry mob, or whatever fever dream you've cooked up that absolutely mandates that the only way you'll survive is with your trusty weapon.

I don't think this is any kind of "clincher" question as you put it. I just think Gawdzilla is incapable of providing an adequate answer I can change my opinion on.

You are the one trying to imply that a situation where the only way is to shoot your way out is likely enough to occur that we should all have a gun at the ready at all times. You seem to think that you live in Somalia.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
09-06-2017, 08:23 AM
Somalia was a relatively normal country once Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
09-06-2017, 08:32 AM
(09-06-2017 01:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 05:54 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  I don't think this is any kind of "clincher" question as you put it. I just think Gawdzilla is incapable of providing an adequate answer I can change my opinion on.

You are the one trying to imply that a situation where the only way is to shoot your way out is likely enough to occur that we should all have a gun at the ready at all times. You seem to think that you live in Somalia.
They're afraid they'll run into their doppelgangers. Gasp
09-06-2017, 08:32 AM
(09-06-2017 08:23 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Somalia was a relatively normal country once Tongue

Then Mussolini got a great idea. Consider
09-06-2017, 08:47 AM
(09-06-2017 08:32 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:23 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Somalia was a relatively normal country once Tongue

Then Mussolini got a great idea. Consider

And last year the American voters had a great idea too. I trust my cat more than I trust my fellow man to maintain stability.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
09-06-2017, 08:54 AM
(09-06-2017 01:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 05:54 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  I don't think this is any kind of "clincher" question as you put it. I just think Gawdzilla is incapable of providing an adequate answer I can change my opinion on.

And you seem to think that being prepared for ugly possibilities is a bad thing.

Gun ownership ultimately is about giving oneself the ability to defend oneself - as best one is able - if things really turn to shit.

Like a seatbelt - you hope you never need it, but if the need arises and you don't have one, you're screwed....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-06-2017, 09:02 AM
(09-06-2017 08:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 01:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  You are the one trying to imply that a situation where the only way is to shoot your way out is likely enough to occur that we should all have a gun at the ready at all times. You seem to think that you live in Somalia.

And you seem to think that being prepared for ugly possibilities is a bad thing.

Gun ownership ultimately is about giving oneself the ability to defend oneself - as best one is able - if things really turn to shit.

Like a seatbelt - you hope you never need it, but if the need arises and you don't have one, you're screwed....

...sez the guy who won't wear a motorcycle helmet...

Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-06-2017, 09:03 AM
(08-06-2017 08:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The bullshit here?

No bullshit. Just statistics.

Quote:The murder rate for Australians was about 1/4 that of the USA BEFORE they outlawed guns...

Uh... you're totally missing the thrust of my comment about strict Aussie gun laws versus slack US gun laws. You also need a citation for your claim, or was that just a guess?

Quote:The truth of the matter? Some Americans LIKE killing people..... The guns just keep blood off the shooters shoes......

And they like doing it with guns apparently. Dodgy

Quote:Banning guns is just easier than fixing broken human beings.....

Silly comment, and a straw man at that. Stricter controls on gun ownership and importation into Australia has seen the number of firearms used in homicides decrease from 31% in 1997 (post gun buyback) to 13% in 2010. [Australian Institute of Criminology, 2011].

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
09-06-2017, 09:16 AM
(09-06-2017 09:02 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And you seem to think that being prepared for ugly possibilities is a bad thing.

...sez the guy who won't wear a motorcycle helmet...

Tongue

Why would I wear one???

Do you walk about all day wearing one for no apparent reason???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.