What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(09-06-2017 11:23 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 11:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I knew I could count on you to be more dense than plutonium.....

There's a really simple reason I don't need a motorcycle helmet.

An acute lack of motorcycle.

And I even posted a thread about it a couple of months ago....

Now, you'll piss and whine about how "I misled you" - probably with sophomoric jibes at my user name...

Well, what do you expect from a green, scaley, fire breathing douchebag????

Big Grin

You're sidestepping here. I was not aware that you are not currently riding, but I could swear you said a while back that you didn't wear a helmet when you did ride -- something about it being so inherently unsafe that a helmet doesn't matter, or some such argument (which you also implied a few posts back in this thread). That's what I'm referring to. So the fact that you aren't riding now is irrelevant.

You were hoping for something other than irrelevancies? Laugh out load
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 11:35 AM
(09-06-2017 11:23 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 11:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I knew I could count on you to be more dense than plutonium.....

There's a really simple reason I don't need a motorcycle helmet.

An acute lack of motorcycle.

And I even posted a thread about it a couple of months ago....

Now, you'll piss and whine about how "I misled you" - probably with sophomoric jibes at my user name...

Well, what do you expect from a green, scaley, fire breathing douchebag????

Big Grin

You're sidestepping here. I was not aware that you are not currently riding, but I could swear you said a while back that you didn't wear a helmet when you did ride -- something about it being so inherently unsafe that a helmet doesn't matter, or some such argument (which you also implied a few posts back in this thread). That's what I'm referring to. So the fact that you aren't riding now is irrelevant.

I'm sure you remember it that way - however.....

I quit riding shortly after Michigan repealed the helmet law, so consequently I didn't get much helmet less riding in.

I quit before my luck ran out.

And I won't wear a helmet.

A helmet is a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

If you want to ride, and lie to yourself thinking that wearing a helmet makes it an acceptable risk - have at it.

And complain about guns citing statistics....

You're far more likely to get killed by a car....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2017, 11:41 AM
I think the title of this thread is a loaded question. It would depend on the individual gun owner. Gawdzilla as a gun owner does not cause me pause for concern and seems to take the prospect seriously, but I have seen tons of kneejerk reactions over DECADES long before this website existed, from people who shit their pants if you even dare suggest we have a gun injury/death problem.

If anyone thinks "other bad shit happens so do nothing and sell more" is a valid argument, you are part of the problem. It astounds me that the far right on this issue cant even grasp the simply concept that their is no political party oath required to own a firearm, and as such that means even those liberal firearm owners have an equal right to vote to decide what our laws are on this issue.

If one lobby and there mere 5 million members got to decide the laws of the entire nation all by themselves, there would be no need for voting.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
09-06-2017, 11:42 AM
You're all forgetting one important factor. A motorcycle helmet would make it harder to aim (a rifle) using conventional sights and methods Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
09-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Please, don't wear a helmet, people! We need donors!
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
10-06-2017, 06:28 AM
(09-06-2017 10:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You think strapping a chunk of plastic on your head makes it "safer" to ride a motorcycle...

The Australian-based Cochrane Review says in its preamble to this topic: "Motorcyclists are at high risk in traffic crashes, particularly for head injury. A review of studies concluded that helmets reduce the risk of head injury by around 69% and death by around 42%.

There is, so far, insufficient evidence to compare the effectiveness of different types of helmet. Some studies have suggested that helmets may protect against facial injury and that they have no effect on neck injury, but more research is required for a conclusive answer.

The review supports the view that helmet use should be actively encouraged worldwide for rider safety."

Liu BC, Ivers R, Norton R, Boufous S, Blows S, Lo SK. Helmets for preventing injury in motorcycle riders. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 1.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-06-2017, 06:29 AM
OLB's position is a bit of a bald assertion, isn't it? Laughat
10-06-2017, 06:52 AM
(08-06-2017 04:41 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 04:28 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  So Gawdzilla while I wait for SYZ to chime in, why don't you answer the question you joined in on?
When you see murderous mayhem headed your way and no safe way out?, wtf have you planned to do??
Call 911?
Check your twitter feed one last time?
You shouldn't try trolling, you're not good at it.

Ok, I give up.
Please help me understand your definition of "trolling" ?

Also your "one man post" comment has no meaning either.

You have to be odd to be #1.
10-06-2017, 07:01 AM
(10-06-2017 06:52 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 04:41 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You shouldn't try trolling, you're not good at it.

Ok, I give up.

Well, your post was a classic, so take it from there. And a "one man thread" is where the person has lost track of what's going on and just posts based on his own misconceptions.
10-06-2017, 07:31 AM
(10-06-2017 07:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:52 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Ok, I give up.

Well, your post was a classic, so take it from there.

And a "one man thread" is where the person has lost track of what's going on and just posts based on his own misconceptions.
Perfect. I didn't think you would provide a substantive definition.
You said I wasn't good at it, but now it's a fuc"n classic definition? Really?
Try again how about?
Now.I'm being trolled.

As for the other, read the posts. I grew weary with these extremely lengthy "quoted" replies, so you must have lost the way aparently.

You have to be odd to be #1.