What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 09:48 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(26-01-2015 05:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What is your opinion of gun owners?

I love them.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2017, 09:54 AM
(11-06-2017 09:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 04:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You might want to look up the term strawman.
Seriously ? Shocking You just gave perhaps a singular textbook example of a straw man, how are you not even seeing this ? If a dense nut sack like me can see it how come you can't ? I'm surprised tbh mate, normally you are a productive insightful poster but with this topic you seem to me to have lost all powers of objectivity.

Another one who doesn't look up terms.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2017, 10:02 AM
(11-06-2017 09:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

I love them.

No you don't love all of them all at the same time, otherwise you'd also include liberals who own firearms too.

Skip the labels and subject for a second. I really hate my species attitude of judging an individual solely based on one label or one topic. Humans, all 7 billion of us are still ultimately individuals.

I don't love all atheists just because I share the position with them. I think it is stupid of you to think that about any issue.

I don't hate all gun owners and to me it depends on the individual. I do see far too many ignoring a long time problem with gun injuries and deaths, but I don't assume that all firearm owners are like that.

You should not assume every firearm owner agrees with you..

Same with any subject. Humans are never as simplistic as one topic. I can for example value my fellow species POTENTIAL to be non violent and compassionate, but I don't assume that is automatic with every individual.

You love gun owners? Why? That is such a stupid way of thinking. I am quite sure if you could meet the estimated 55milion gun users in America you could find some whom you don't like. Just like I know some fellow liberals I don't like and some fellow atheists I don't like.

Your talk sets you up for group think and blind loyalty. I think the honest thing you can say is that you have a personal like you share with others, but that still does not make the topic itself a loyalty oath.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
11-06-2017, 10:04 AM
(11-06-2017 09:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

I love them.

But you never bring me flowers.
11-06-2017, 10:13 AM
(11-06-2017 09:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 09:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Seriously ? Shocking You just gave perhaps a singular textbook example of a straw man, how are you not even seeing this ? If a dense nut sack like me can see it how come you can't ? I'm surprised tbh mate, normally you are a productive insightful poster but with this topic you seem to me to have lost all powers of objectivity.

Another one who doesn't look up terms.

Ok look upon me as a totally naive person and explain to me why that's not a straw man, if you are right I want to know so I can comport myself to the truth, tell me why its not.a straw man without the dismissive sound bites and non explanations you have so far offered.
11-06-2017, 10:14 AM
(11-06-2017 10:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 09:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I love them.

But you never bring me flowers.

Yep, "I love (insert any topic here) " always falls apart when you point to someone else within that topic who does not agree with you, then it becomes conditional.

They only love firearm owners whom agree with them, anyone who also owns them but does not agree with them is not a "true" yadda.

Same with religion.

"I love(insert label here"

I love Malala but I don't love Bin Ladin....

I think when people hide behind a like and start demanding no criticism of that position they like they simply don't want to face scrutiny.

For me, with guns, with politics, with religion, with economic views, with anything, it depends on the individual because that individual can have many positions on multiple topics.

I like Godzilla here, he comes across as a reasonable firearm owner. I don't however like the NRA and many firearm owners don't.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
11-06-2017, 10:19 AM
(11-06-2017 10:02 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 09:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I love them.

No you don't love all of them all at the same time, otherwise you'd also include liberals who own firearms too.

Skip the labels and subject for a second. I really hate my species attitude of judging an individual solely based on one label or one topic. Humans, all 7 billion of us are still ultimately individuals.

I don't love all atheists just because I share the position with them. I think it is stupid of you to think that about any issue.

I don't hate all gun owners and to me it depends on the individual. I do see far too many ignoring a long time problem with gun injuries and deaths, but I don't assume that all firearm owners are like that.

You should not assume every firearm owner agrees with you..

Same with any subject. Humans are never as simplistic as one topic. I can for example value my fellow species POTENTIAL to be non violent and compassionate, but I don't assume that is automatic with every individual.

You love gun owners? Why? That is such a stupid way of thinking. I am quite sure if you could meet the estimated 55milion gun users in America you could find some whom you don't like. Just like I know some fellow liberals I don't like and some fellow atheists I don't like.

Your talk sets you up for group think and blind loyalty. I think the honest thing you can say is that you have a personal like you share with others, but that still does not make the topic itself a loyalty oath.

Thank you. You really made me rethink my statement.

I now understand that I shouldn't love ALL gun owners. I should have realized that gang bangers are gun owners, and I sure as hell don't love them. Terrorists might own some guns among their other killing mechanisms, and I hate them fucks too. White power kkk bastards are probably gun owners, and they can all die for all I care.

So I therefore change my statement.

I love all non criminal legal gun owners.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
11-06-2017, 10:28 AM
(11-06-2017 10:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 09:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Another one who doesn't look up terms.

Ok look upon me as a totally naive person and explain to me why that's not a straw man, if you are right I want to know so I can comport myself to the truth, tell me why its not.a straw man without the dismissive sound bites and non explanations you have so far offered.
Look it up or not, isn't my problem.
11-06-2017, 10:30 AM
(11-06-2017 10:14 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I like Godzilla here, he comes across as a reasonable firearm owner. I don't however like the NRA and many firearm owners don't.
The routinely obstreperous FAOs, like some here, aren't easy to like. We can picture them doing a slow boil just under the surface as they get angrier and angrier that nobody's given them a chance to be a GGWaG. Consider
11-06-2017, 10:33 AM
(11-06-2017 10:28 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 10:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok look upon me as a totally naive person and explain to me why that's not a straw man, if you are right I want to know so I can comport myself to the truth, tell me why its not.a straw man without the dismissive sound bites and non explanations you have so far offered.
Look it up or not, isn't my problem.

Thank you, you have just confirmed what I thought. # Ain't gotta clue.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post