What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(11-06-2017 11:10 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 11:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Another example of your dishonesty is that I insulted you, I did not I simply asked you to explain your beliefs so I could understand them you failed to do so. If your definition of an insult seems to be someone who disagrees with you that speaks volumes in my favour not yours.

On any subject, not just this one, but any with anyone anywhere, not always getting the answers you want does not make the other person dishonest, it can mean that you have an answer yourself and you've already made up your mind. In my history of reading Godzillia's posts not just here but elsewhere I have seen him be quite honest and frank.

But again, on any subject, disagreeing does not make either side dishonest. The only thing that can really settle a dispute is independent data without the bias of either side.

That's a fair comment but I doubt Gawdzilla will see it that way, he has refused to address the straw man question multiple times which is rather telling Imo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2017, 11:18 AM
(11-06-2017 11:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 10:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm not going to defend against something that never happened. Your insults are good evidence you're stuck and can't find a way out of the hole you dug.

Another example of your dishonesty is that I insulted you, I did not I simply asked you to explain your beliefs so I could understand them you failed to do so. If your definition of an insult seems to be someone who disagrees with you that speaks volumes in my favour not yours.
So long and thanks for all the fish.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2017, 11:20 AM
(11-06-2017 11:18 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 11:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Another example of your dishonesty is that I insulted you, I did not I simply asked you to explain your beliefs so I could understand them you failed to do so. If your definition of an insult seems to be someone who disagrees with you that speaks volumes in my favour not yours.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Lols that's all you got ??? Uber sad Imo.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
11-06-2017, 11:29 AM
(11-06-2017 11:20 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 11:18 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  So long and thanks for all the fish.

Lols that's all you got ??? Uber sad Imo.

No, that's all your failure gets. FOAD.
11-06-2017, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 12:02 PM by adey67.)
Fuck off and die FOAD, nice, thanks a lot thanks for wishing death upon me, wtf.happened to you man ? You used to be such a cool decent dude with some real good posts, now you are a testosterone fuelled bitch, death comes to all of us sadly sometimes sooner rather than later.
. I'm sorry for you I really am. Drinking Beverage
11-06-2017, 06:19 PM
(04-06-2017 11:51 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 07:11 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Of the suicides I have known in my lifetime... and it is more than I can believe...only four used a gun...

"Only" four used a gun? Are you aware of the irony in that statement?

Quote:You, who do not own guns and who do not approve of my owning guns...you may be a horrible person. You may abuse children. You may keep a dog chained up for life. You may cheat on your spouse. You may steal. You may be addicted to illegal drugs and drive impaired. You may drink to excess and beat your family.

Oh dear... I also don't think you're aware of how nonsensical this is. Are you seriously implying that it's only people who choose not to own firearms that pursue these sorts of antisocial activities? Or that gun ownership prevents one from acting antisocially? How embarrassingly naive LOL.

Whatever, your extreme defensiveness regarding gun ownership coupled with the fact you own multiple weapons yourself would indicate to most rational people that yes, you are suffering from some sort of paranoia.

suicide is not a reason for outlawing guns in a home.

Lets compare cost of a person kept alive that never can function in society and the torment to that family to that of the cost and torment one successful attempt.

i know its sad. but we also must contend with what is real and in front of us. I didn't even mention what happens when they have children.

11-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Since this suicide thing has come back up, I would like to address my statements concerning it. Out of the 23 people I have known socially or in my family, only five have used a gun to commit suicide. That is just my personal experience.

I cannot believe that I have known that many people who thought killing themselves was a good idea and it is very sad for me to accept that fact.

But, in my experience people have killed themselves one way or another because they wanted to end their life and if a gun wasn't available they were going to find another way to die.

So...yes, "only" is the horrible word I used. Only five out of 23 people.

I am sorry that I actually was able to write that or even think that. I am certainly sorry that some people choose death over life. Yet, I know that feeling and I know that time when it seems like the best idea you've ever had; the answer to all your woes, peace to all your stress and it seems so perfect a way to deal with it all...just end it.

My dear friend put a gun to her head and found her peace, yet my dear cousin used his car exhaust in his garage. If I ever choose to kill myself, it will be a long fall from a very high cliff or over the side of a ship in the ocean. So...I have plenty of guns and ammo, but will not choose to shoot myself.

Suicide is not a reason for outlawing guns. I agree AB.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
11-06-2017, 06:46 PM
You'll feel greatly relieved to recall that most people don't want a total ban on guns. In reality the term is used more by the gunners than anybody else, with the intent of increasing the FUD factor.

However:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...6b4b6dd97c

[Image: justified.png&w=1484]
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
11-06-2017, 07:58 PM
(11-06-2017 06:46 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You'll feel greatly relieved to recall that most people don't want a total ban on guns. In reality the term is used more by the gunners than anybody else, with the intent of increasing the FUD factor.

However:

Once you outlaw guns, you'll need to outlaw rope, sharp objects, and bulldoze the fucking world level - because somebody might decide to jump off something and hurt themselves......

That Grand Canyon has gotta go.....

Somebody might get hurt...

Dodgy

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-06-2017, 12:20 AM
(11-06-2017 07:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 06:46 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You'll feel greatly relieved to recall that most people don't want a total ban on guns. In reality the term is used more by the gunners than anybody else, with the intent of increasing the FUD factor.

However:

Once you outlaw guns, you'll need to outlaw rope, sharp objects, and bulldoze the fucking world level - because somebody might decide to jump off something and hurt themselves......

That Grand Canyon has gotta go.....

Somebody might get hurt...

Dodgy

Thats exactly why i dont participate in those discussions about guns anymore and just skim right through in the (vain) hope of possibly finding a new and not absurd or disingenuous argument.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post