What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 12:36 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
Straight up didn't read this thread, but sense all the controversy from skimming this last page.

This week I'm going to go shoot a few hand guns at the local range. It feels like croquette to me, I get so excited when I get the target. Also, I shot all the local hells angels once in a single shot. They hired me to do it. With my camera. Ha ha. (funny).

Also, I'm a counsellor for various things and one of them is suicide. I've done more suicide interventions than I can count, and maybe one or two have been a gun plan (never actively). My BBF is a forensic officer and she has to check suicides to rule out murders often. Her stories don't align with anti gunners.

I'm not american.

So ya.

Having said that (my personal experience), 100% guns are a fast and efficient way to reek havoc with precision. Those PEOPLE are bad, and it would be nice if they're slowed a bit. So.... slowing those folks down would be great. Solutions needed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
12-06-2017, 01:11 AM
What is my opinion of gunowners?

The same as my opinion about everyone else: TBD

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2017, 03:15 AM
(12-06-2017 01:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What is my opinion of gunowners?

The same as my opinion about everyone else: TBD

bottom line ... most valid claim.

don't judge a man buy some of the toys. But truth be told, if marketers can do it, so can we. Watch them for two weeks, all will be revealed.

there are some sick gun owners and some sick anti-gun types. just like everybody else.

ut oh, I hope the psycho freak storm doesn't lose it again because I said they are just like everybody else.
12-06-2017, 04:11 AM
(12-06-2017 12:20 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 07:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Once you outlaw guns, you'll need to outlaw rope, sharp objects, and bulldoze the fucking world level - because somebody might decide to jump off something and hurt themselves......

That Grand Canyon has gotta go.....

Somebody might get hurt...

Dodgy

Thats exactly why i dont participate in those discussions about guns anymore and just skim right through in the (vain) hope of possibly finding a new and not absurd or disingenuous argument.

The "shout them down" tactic is generic for the alt-right. And the False Equivalence fallacy is their favorite "logic".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2017, 05:24 AM
You have got to be kidding, Gawdzilla. The "shout them down" tactic is used MOST SUCCESSFULLY with the Left and about EVERYTHING that involves living and thinking, that is all human activities.

What I see in your little chart is that we have a problem with criminally minded people and people who are clinically depressed.

Most deterred crime does not involve the death of the criminal with a legally owned gun. Most of the time, the gun is not even fired.

Most "accidents" are from stupidity when handling a gun. Actually nearly all "accidents" are from stupidity if only for that tragic, but fleeting "oh shit" moment.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
12-06-2017, 05:29 AM
(12-06-2017 05:24 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  You have got to be kidding, Gawdzilla. The "shout them down" tactic is used MOST SUCCESSFULLY with the Left and about EVERYTHING that involves living and thinking, that is all human activities.
Yeah, I see that's your focus.

Quote:What I see in your little chart is that we have a problem with criminally minded people and people who are clinically depressed.
And they can be dismissed? Lots of dismissing of dead people in this thread to date.
Quote:Most deterred crime does not involve the death of the criminal with a legally owned gun. Most of the time, the gun is not even fired.
Prove that.
Quote:Most "accidents" are from stupidity when handling a gun. Actually nearly all "accidents" are from stupidity if only for that tragic, but fleeting "oh shit" moment.
Yeah, five year olds aren't getting enough firearms safety classes.
12-06-2017, 05:58 AM
(12-06-2017 05:29 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 05:24 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  You have got to be kidding, Gawdzilla. The "shout them down" tactic is used MOST SUCCESSFULLY with the Left and about EVERYTHING that involves living and thinking, that is all human activities.
Yeah, I see that's your focus.

Quote:What I see in your little chart is that we have a problem with criminally minded people and people who are clinically depressed.
And they can be dismissed? Lots of dismissing of dead people in this thread to date.
Quote:Most deterred crime does not involve the death of the criminal with a legally owned gun. Most of the time, the gun is not even fired.
Prove that.
Quote:Most "accidents" are from stupidity when handling a gun. Actually nearly all "accidents" are from stupidity if only for that tragic, but fleeting "oh shit" moment.
Yeah, five year olds aren't getting enough firearms safety classes.

You are not a "true" firearm owner. Why cant you as a firearm owner simply support the far right's attitude of "who gives a fuck, I got mine". Why should you care that most of the 36,000 deaths on average per year are mostly within the home with someone the user is familiar with?

Sane people like you should be banned from owning a firearm. I mean, it is like you care or something. Big Grin

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
12-06-2017, 06:27 AM
(12-06-2017 05:58 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 05:29 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yeah, I see that's your focus.

Prove that. Yeah, five year olds aren't getting enough firearms safety classes.

You are not a "true" firearm owner. Why cant you as a firearm owner simply support the far right's attitude of "who gives a fuck, I got mine". Why should you care that most of the 36,000 deaths on average per year are mostly within the home with someone the user is familiar with?

Sane people like you should be banned from owning a firearm. I mean, it is like you care or something. Big Grin

An angry screaming cunt like you shouldn't be allowed to even own pointy objects....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-06-2017, 06:32 AM
No doubt we've just had a sample of what I've been talking about. Sleepy
12-06-2017, 07:07 AM
Would it be possible for replies to specific people start with an address to that person? It is difficult sometimes to determine to whom a post is written. Maybe that would help with angry retorts, that is the retort would be obviously directed to the person at whom it is aimed.

For instance:

Gawdzilla, I have no clue how you infer that I dismiss the death of anyone, whether it is "accidental" or criminal or suicidal. You keep harping on this notion that gun owners don't care about people who die from another person shooting them with a gun or from their own hand using a gun.

That is just a asinine position to take.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."