What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 07:11 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
Brian, I am not "far-right" and I don't have that opinion about guns. Why don't you and Gawdzilla accept that human beings die by many means. And...accept that the overwhelming majority of guns never are used to kill any human being or any living creature for that matter. And...accept that the real problem of deaths from gun-use during "peace-time" is criminal.

The rest is tragic death, just as trampoline-death is tragic.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
12-06-2017, 07:23 AM
(12-06-2017 07:11 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Brian, I am not "far-right" and I don't have that opinion about guns. Why don't you and Gawdzilla accept that human beings die by many means. And...accept that the overwhelming majority of guns never are used to kill any human being or any living creature for that matter. And...accept that the real problem of deaths from gun-use during "peace-time" is criminal.

"Other bad shit happens so do nothing about this shit" is not an argument.

Nobody is arguing that we shouldn't do anything about other types of death. 36,000 people die from use of a firearms. You saying "there are lots of types of deaths" so what. That is looking for an excuse in the same way a speeder tries to argue with a cop, "Other people speed and I was just keeping up with traffic".

You keep using the word "criminal". Well again, people can have no record at time of buy and go on do fuck up after the legal buy. The bullshit that it is mostly street gangs is just that. MOST gun injuries and deaths HAPPEN IN THE HOME regardless of HOW the gun was obtained, legally or illegally.

You are STILL far more likely to hurt yourself or someone you know than you are protecting yourself from a complete stranger.

That is the difference between you and Gawdzilla, he as a fellow firearm owner isn't ignoring that problem, you seem to be.

I get so sick of the "I want to keep them out of the wrong hands" WHICH EVERYONE ALREADY agrees on, only to hear a bullshit excuse like this over and over and over. Either you want to do something to reduce gun injuries and deaths or you don't. But "other bad shit happens" is a cop out dodge, not a solution.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2017, 08:27 AM
(12-06-2017 07:07 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Would it be possible for replies to specific people start with an address to that person? It is difficult sometimes to determine to whom a post is written. Maybe that would help with angry retorts, that is the retort would be obviously directed to the person at whom it is aimed.

For instance:

Gawdzilla, I have no clue how you infer that I dismiss the death of anyone, whether it is "accidental" or criminal or suicidal. You keep harping on this notion that gun owners don't care about people who die from another person shooting them with a gun or from their own hand using a gun.

That is just a asinine position to take.
The position is that dead people are the price of freedom. I ask if that includes dead children. Nothing in reply so I have to think that it does.
12-06-2017, 08:28 AM
(12-06-2017 07:11 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Brian, I am not "far-right" and I don't have that opinion about guns. Why don't you and Gawdzilla accept that human beings die by many means. And...accept that the overwhelming majority of guns never are used to kill any human being or any living creature for that matter. And...accept that the real problem of deaths from gun-use during "peace-time" is criminal.

And your false equivalence is again noted.
12-06-2017, 10:46 AM
I own a few firearms. I have owned and shot a variety of firearms over several decades. I am well trained in firearm safety and proficiency. Never had a problem.
12-06-2017, 10:59 AM
(12-06-2017 10:46 AM)TheBear Wrote:  I own a few firearms. I have owned and shot a variety of firearms over several decades. I am well trained in firearm safety and proficiency. Never had a problem.

I've been an owner and shooter since 1965, trained by a one-legged Marine. By 1970 I was killing people for $247/month, before deductions. Never accidently killed anybody.
12-06-2017, 11:17 AM
(12-06-2017 10:46 AM)TheBear Wrote:  I own a few firearms. I have owned and shot a variety of firearms over several decades. I am well trained in firearm safety and proficiency. Never had a problem.

So far.....

See that is intellectually lazy especially when firearms are not forgiving. It only takes one mistake with a firearm, and that is the real way you should be thinking, that is what would keep you safe, not assuming nothing bad will ever happen.

Not even all that training will help you if that is your attitude. Firearms must always be assumed to be dangerous and loaded, if you cannot accept that, then you are really not taking firearm safety seriously.

A lot of drunk drivers also can go years and decades never having an accident, but even with cars, it only takes one split second.

A bullet leaves that barrel at extreme high speed and you you don't have a pause button or rewind on a trigger.

Your response of "I've never had a problem" does not reflect that understanding. To me it really is saying, "I've been lucky so far"....Yep, so far.

You better stop assuming nothing bad will happen and start assuming every time you pick it up the potential danger is there. It is not a toy.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
12-06-2017, 11:23 AM
(12-06-2017 10:59 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

I've been an owner and shooter since 1965, trained by a one-legged Marine. By 1970 I was killing people for $247/month, before deductions. Never accidently killed anybody.
Ah, yes. That brings me back. My first assault rifle was an M16-A1, fully automatic rifle. This was in the early 70's when I was in the Corps. I could break down and reassemble it, blindfolded, in less than 2 minutes.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
12-06-2017, 11:26 AM
(12-06-2017 11:17 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

So far.....

See that is intellectually lazy especially when firearms are not forgiving. It only takes one mistake with a firearm, and that is the real way you should be thinking, that is what would keep you safe, not assuming nothing bad will ever happen.

Not even all that training will help you if that is your attitude. Firearms must always be assumed to be dangerous and loaded, if you cannot accept that, then you are really not taking firearm safety seriously.

A lot of drunk drivers also can go years and decades never having an accident, but even with cars, it only takes one split second.

A bullet leaves that barrel at extreme high speed and you you don't have a pause button or rewind on a trigger.

Your response of "I've never had a problem" does not reflect that understanding. To me it really is saying, "I've been lucky so far"....Yep, so far.

You better stop assuming nothing bad will happen and start assuming every time you pick it up the potential danger is there. It is not a toy.

You are lecturing to a certified firearms instructor, with decades of experience and training, including military.
[+] 3 users Like TheBear's post
12-06-2017, 11:43 AM
(12-06-2017 11:26 AM)TheBear Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 11:17 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  So far.....

You are lecturing to a certified firearms instructor, with decades of experience and training, including military.

You're dealing with a digital mindset....

There's his opinion, and the wrong one......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post