What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(12-06-2017 11:23 AM)TheBear Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 10:59 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I've been an owner and shooter since 1965, trained by a one-legged Marine. By 1970 I was killing people for $247/month, before deductions. Never accidently killed anybody.
Ah, yes. That brings me back. My first assault rifle was an M16-A1, fully automatic rifle. This was in the early 70's when I was in the Corps. I could break down and reassemble it, blindfolded, in less than 2 minutes.
First long gun I fired was a -14. Educational for a 15 yo. Shocking
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
12-06-2017, 02:04 PM
(12-06-2017 12:01 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 11:23 AM)TheBear Wrote:  Ah, yes. That brings me back. My first assault rifle was an M16-A1, fully automatic rifle. This was in the early 70's when I was in the Corps. I could break down and reassemble it, blindfolded, in less than 2 minutes.
First long gun I fired was a -14. Educational for a 15 yo. Shocking

So you started late Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-06-2017, 02:22 PM
(12-06-2017 02:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 12:01 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  First long gun I fired was a -14. Educational for a 15 yo. Shocking

So you started late Big Grin

Yep. The Y-donor didn't "waste" ammo teaching kids.
12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
(12-06-2017 02:22 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 02:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  So you started late Big Grin

Yep. The Y-donor didn't "waste" ammo teaching kids.

Meh, technically neither did mine. As the song goes, my daddy gave me a name. Everything else came from the step donor Tongue

At any rate, I was helping put food on the table at an age when most kids were, at best, earning their allowance by washing dishes or something. I wouldn't call it wasted, but we all have our own different fucked up lenses through which we judge the world so call it what you will.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-06-2017, 03:04 PM
(12-06-2017 07:11 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Brian, I am not "far-right" and I don't have that opinion about guns. Why don't you and Gawdzilla accept that human beings die by many means. And...accept that the overwhelming majority of guns never are used to kill any human being or any living creature for that matter. And...accept that the real problem of deaths from gun-use during "peace-time" is criminal.

The rest is tragic death, just as trampoline-death is tragic.

no wait just a second trooper. logic, commonsense, and reason about this topic is not tolerated. we have emotional needs and personal opinion that need filling first.

Its not the criminal fault they are criminals ... its anything else's fault but them. Including the guns that jump into their hands and shoot, well, right after it puts itself to their heads and makes them that is.
[+] 1 user Likes AB517's post
12-06-2017, 03:06 PM
(12-06-2017 03:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 02:22 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yep. The Y-donor didn't "waste" ammo teaching kids.

Meh, technically neither did mine. As the song goes, my daddy gave me a name. Everything else came from the step donor Tongue

At any rate, I was helping put food on the table at an age when most kids were, at best, earning their allowance by washing dishes or something. I wouldn't call it wasted, but we all have our own different fucked up lenses through which we judge the world so call it what you will.

yup. which is not the problem to tell ya truth. the only problem is when others what their worldview to be everybody's world view.
12-06-2017, 04:02 PM
(12-06-2017 03:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 02:22 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yep. The Y-donor didn't "waste" ammo teaching kids.

I wasn't lucky enough to have a stepdonor. I did have a friend who had the father I never got, and that worked out well. He owned a .50, something I found habit forming.
13-06-2017, 05:32 AM
(12-06-2017 03:06 PM)AB517 Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 03:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Meh, technically neither did mine. As the song goes, my daddy gave me a name. Everything else came from the step donor Tongue

yup. which is not the problem to tell ya truth. the only problem is when others what their worldview to be everybody's world view.

In that regards, I don't think I've seen many gun owners telling anyone they have to own guns Tongue. Except for the previously mentioned area of Kennesaw.

'Murican Canadian
13-06-2017, 05:43 AM
Gawdzilla, I have written before that the deaths of innocents is not reason enough to limit the liberty and responsibility to "keep and bear arms" as we are requested to do by the framers of our Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Those deaths and all other "accidental" deaths are on the "souls" of those who provided the means for their "accidental" injuries and deaths.

Brian, in our families, we have not injured or killed any of our family members via gun use...not even our suicides. We have, however, protected ours and others via gun use....so the "more likely" scenario has not happened in a few generations. Maybe it has something to do with "stupidity" about which I keep writing.

If we adhere to a Darwinian solution to the human condition, stupidity has its place as an evolutionary advancer.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
13-06-2017, 05:50 AM
(13-06-2017 05:43 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Gawdzilla, I have written before that the deaths of innocents is not reason enough to limit the liberty and responsibility to "keep and bear arms" as we are requested to do by the framers of our Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Only applies if you're in the militia, hence the phrase, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..." and applies specifically in times of insurrection or possible invasion.

Funny how so many, many people "conveniently" forget that part of the amendment.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post