What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2017, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2017 06:00 AM by Brian37.)
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(13-06-2017 05:43 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Gawdzilla, I have written before that the deaths of innocents is not reason enough to limit the liberty and responsibility to "keep and bear arms" as we are requested to do by the framers of our Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Those deaths and all other "accidental" deaths are on the "souls" of those who provided the means for their "accidental" injuries and deaths.

Brian, in our families, we have not injured or killed any of our family members via gun use...not even our suicides. We have, however, protected ours and others via gun use....so the "more likely" scenario has not happened in a few generations. Maybe it has something to do with "stupidity" about which I keep writing.

If we adhere to a Darwinian solution to the human condition, stupidity has its place as an evolutionary advancer.

Holy crap that argument is older than the planet itself. I am 50 years old and I remember that same argument back in 1984 when some nut went into the CA McDonalds and murdered over 20 people.

NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY is trying to take away your freedom. I am so fucking sick of that.

You can have a car, you cant have a monster truck 5 lanes wide. You can have a car, you cant speed 100mph in a school zone. REGULATIONS ARE NOT BANS.

This is just you being paranoid and buying into the bullshit fear marketing of a small tiny minority lobby. Out of the estimated 55 million firearm owners only 5 million belong to the NRA. THAT MEANS the majority of firearm owners DONT support that bullshit fear mongering corporate profit heat shield.

I really don't want to hear shit if you on the one hand say "Keep them out of the wrong hands", which I also agree with, then regurgitate crap like this. It still remains if you find 36,000 firearm use deaths acceptable that is not problem solving, that is excuse making.

Liberals own firearms too, and there is no political party oath required to buy one. Now if you say you are liberal, then listen to all gun owners, and not simply the far right fear mongers.

Do you want to reduce firearm deaths, or do you simply want to worship an object? I find no use for any argument that is nothing but "Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2017, 06:01 AM
(13-06-2017 05:43 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Gawdzilla, I have written before that the deaths of innocents is not reason enough to limit the liberty and responsibility to "keep and bear arms" as we are requested to do by the framers of our Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Those deaths and all other "accidental" deaths are on the "souls" of those who provided the means for their "accidental" injuries and deaths.

Brian, in our families, we have not injured or killed any of our family members via gun use...not even our suicides. We have, however, protected ours and others via gun use....so the "more likely" scenario has not happened in a few generations. Maybe it has something to do with "stupidity" about which I keep writing.

If we adhere to a Darwinian solution to the human condition, stupidity has its place as an evolutionary advancer.
Again, "Fuck dead kids."
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
13-06-2017, 06:31 AM
(13-06-2017 06:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Again, "Fuck dead kids."

Dead kids is the worst part, but I am also sure the girl with the uzi because of stupid fucking adults thinking that was a good idea, that poor girl will go her entire life dealing with PTSD. And they cant claim that death was a result of street gangs either.

But who gives a fuck right?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
13-06-2017, 06:55 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
13-06-2017, 07:04 AM
(13-06-2017 05:43 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Gawdzilla, I have written before that the deaths of innocents is not reason enough to limit the liberty and responsibility to "keep and bear arms" as we are requested to do by the framers of our Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights...

According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 14,258 children died as a result of gunshot wounds during the period 2007 to 2011. The circumstances ranged widely: accidental shootings by adults, kids who gained access to unsecured guns, gang violence, suicides, and planned shootings.

This works out to an average of 7.81 childhood deaths per day; additionally another 8.86 children are unintentionally shot—but survive—every day in the US.

So, Jeanne, what you've claimed several times here is that the People's "rights" to freely own firearms outweighs the loss of life for 7 or 8 American kids every day, year after year. Is that truly your considered opinion? If it is, then your morals and personal ethics are seriously corrupted. Sorry.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
13-06-2017, 07:18 AM
(10-06-2017 06:28 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You clearly did; you're responding in a thread where he was the OP.

Or is it that you're responding without reading?
I was pointed here by another forumite. It's been worth the lols.

Looks like you're responding without reading ... certainly the case with this reply.
13-06-2017, 07:21 AM
(13-06-2017 07:04 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This works out to an average of 7.81 childhood deaths per day; additionally another 8.86 children are unintentionally shot—but survive—every day in the US.

The whole "but what about the children?" argument is a non-starter and an appeal to emotion. Doesn't really fly with me, personally.

To me it's a legal argument: whether a citizen, who is not a member of a well-regulated militia, has the right to own a firearm.

As well, I'm personally all about pragmatism; I'm all about the result, regardless of political bent.

If everyone had a firearm and that kept everybody safe, then I'd be all for gun ownership.

But that's simply not the result. More guns = more gun deaths and injuries. It's a straight line between the two.

Should guns be banned? No, of course not. This right-wing frothing-at-the-mouth hyperbole of "regulation means confiscation" is just like the "but what about the children?" example; an appeal to emotion that's not really an argument.

Nobody's coming to take anyone's guns.

And there's nothing wrong with having a ban on assault weapons, proper training and background checks.

After all, I don't trust most of the drivers on the road behind the wheel of their cars. Some do terribly stupid things. To give those very same people a "right" to own a firearm without proper checks etc is a recipe for disaster. And gun deaths in the US, right now, are a disaster.
13-06-2017, 07:25 AM
(11-06-2017 10:30 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The routinely obstreperous FAOs, like some here, aren't easy to like. We can picture them doing a slow boil just under the surface as they get angrier and angrier that nobody's given them a chance to be a GGWaG. Consider

lol, you complaining about "routinely obstreperous" people ... when that's essentially your schtick. Physician, heal thyself ... complain about others once you've added more than cheap snark passed off as wit to a thread.

Dipshit.
13-06-2017, 07:36 AM
(13-06-2017 07:18 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 06:28 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I was pointed here by another forumite. It's been worth the lols.

Looks like you're responding without reading ... certainly the case with this reply.

If you don't understand what I post I have no reason to worry about what you post.
13-06-2017, 07:37 AM
(13-06-2017 07:25 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 10:30 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The routinely obstreperous FAOs, like some here, aren't easy to like. We can picture them doing a slow boil just under the surface as they get angrier and angrier that nobody's given them a chance to be a GGWaG. Consider

lol, you complaining about "routinely obstreperous" people ... when that's essentially your schtick. Physician, heal thyself ... complain about others once you've added more than cheap snark passed off as wit to a thread.

Dipshit.
Poor dear, starting to stress out. :patsonhead: