What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2015, 07:35 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(02-02-2015 07:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 12:49 AM)bemore Wrote:  If your allowed to carry guns around for protection then i dont see why you should not be allowed other items as well.

If i can be trusted to walk around for years with two handgrenades in my pocket, that at weekends i practise throwing, why should i not be allowed them as i would only use them in self defense.

Or big massive sharp machettes....

What kind of ridiculous rhetoric is this, Ya schizo :-)

I do think people should be able to carry around more weapons. Like collapsible batons, etc. I run with a knife, but that's only because running with my Kahr p9 chafes like crazy. Ruger SR. 22 doesn't run well either. Plus I imprint with both guns because my running clothes are tight.

I've had a gun for awhile now. No incidents and I consider owning a gun similar to owning a fire extinguisher. You hope you never need to use it, but when you do, you're glad you have it.

There are solutions to the printing problem.

[Image: concealed-carry-holsters-for-women_under-garment.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mjaweeSbLT1qz4rgp.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 07:46 PM
(02-02-2015 07:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 12:49 AM)bemore Wrote:  If your allowed to carry guns around for protection then i dont see why you should not be allowed other items as well.

If i can be trusted to walk around for years with two handgrenades in my pocket, that at weekends i practise throwing, why should i not be allowed them as i would only use them in self defense.

Or big massive sharp machettes....

What kind of ridiculous rhetoric is this, Ya schizo :-)

I do think people should be able to carry around more weapons. Like collapsible batons, etc. I run with a knife, but that's only because running with my Kahr p9 chafes like crazy. Ruger SR. 22 doesn't run well either. Plus I imprint with both guns because my running clothes are tight.

I've had a gun for awhile now. No incidents and I consider owning a gun similar to owning a fire extinguisher. You hope you never need to use it, but when you do, you're glad you have it.

The major difference being owning a fire extinguisher does not raise your chance of death by fire. Owning a gun however does raise your chances of being killed by a gun significantly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-02-2015, 07:56 PM
(02-02-2015 07:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 07:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What kind of ridiculous rhetoric is this, Ya schizo :-)

The major difference being owning a fire extinguisher does not raise your chance of death by fire. Owning a gun however does raise your chances of being killed by a gun significantly.

And riding in a car increases ...

And using power tools increases ...

And having a knife, ...

etc.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-02-2015, 08:26 PM
My opinion is that my guns are one of my hobbies, I've never hurt anyone, I intend NOT to hurt anyone, and that I'm a pretty cool dude.

So, I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
03-02-2015, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 07:49 AM by Cathym112.)
(02-02-2015 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 07:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What kind of ridiculous rhetoric is this, Ya schizo :-)

There are solutions to the printing problem.

Where can I find this?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-02-2015, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 07:52 AM by Cathym112.)
(02-02-2015 07:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

That's called a tautology. Of course owning a gun increases your chance. Having a uterus increases your chance of pregnancy, too. The key here is "acceptable risk." To me, increasing my chance of getting in a car accident by riding in a car is an acceptable risk. So is carrying a gun. No gun has accidentally gone off on its own. So being afraid of it is as stupid as being afraid of the knives in your kitchen.

Plenty of people who don't own gun are still killed by them. Some guy in NYC was just shot in the head while in a bodega.

What do you do with those stats that also show that a firearm saved their life?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
03-02-2015, 08:12 AM
(03-02-2015 07:39 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are solutions to the printing problem.

Where can I find this?

There are many sources; Google "concealed carry clothing" or "concealed carry clothing for women".

http://www.gungoddess.com/
http://thewellarmedwoman.com/concealed-carry-for-women
http://silverstateapparel.com/
http://www.concealedcarry.com/
http://www.cabelas.com/category/Conceale...366380.uts
http://www.undertechundercover.com/
http://tacticalgear.com/concealed-carry-shirts
...and many, many more.

03-02-2015, 08:36 AM
(03-02-2015 07:48 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 07:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The major difference being owning a fire extinguisher does not raise your chance of death by fire. Owning a gun however does raise your chances of being killed by a gun significantly.

That's called a tautology. Of course owning a gun increases your chance. Having a uterus increases your chance of pregnancy, too. The key here is "acceptable risk." To me, increasing my chance of getting in a car accident by riding in a car is an acceptable risk. So is carrying a gun. No gun has accidentally gone off on its own. So being afraid of it is as stupid as being afraid of the knives in your kitchen.

Plenty of people who don't own gun are still killed by them. Some guy in NYC was just shot in the head while in a bodega.

What a load of crap. This has nothing to do with the volume of guns made and pumped out. This has nothing to do with the amount of gun injury and gun death from both legal and illegal guns. This is just a mask argument from selfishness.

Comparing guns to knives is also a bullshit argument. It is not a matter of being afraid of guns. It is no different than being afraid of a bible or a Koran. It is the user and only an idiot would think the amount of gun injury and death from both legal and illegal guns is acceptable.

This is just a bullshit argument to justify your own selfishness. No different than when Muslim screams if you deface a Koran. You are just an apologist.

"Other bad shit happens so lets do nothing about this" Same old argument to justify your own selfishness.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
03-02-2015, 09:01 AM
(03-02-2015 08:36 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:48 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  That's called a tautology. Of course owning a gun increases your chance. Having a uterus increases your chance of pregnancy, too. The key here is "acceptable risk." To me, increasing my chance of getting in a car accident by riding in a car is an acceptable risk. So is carrying a gun. No gun has accidentally gone off on its own. So being afraid of it is as stupid as being afraid of the knives in your kitchen.

What a load of crap. This has nothing to do with the volume of guns made and pumped out.

How is that remotely related to this thread?

Quote:This has nothing to do with the amount of gun injury and gun death from both legal and illegal guns. This is just a mask argument from selfishness.

If believing in self-defense is selfish, then I am selfish.
If you don't believe in self-defense, you are an evolutionary dead end.

Quote:Comparing guns to knives is also a bullshit argument. It is not a matter of being afraid of guns. It is no different than being afraid of a bible or a Koran. It is the user and only an idiot would think the amount of gun injury and death from both legal and illegal guns is acceptable.

Only an idiot would accept the carnage from road accidents.

Quote:This is just a bullshit argument to justify your own selfishness. No different than when Muslim screams if you deface a Koran. You are just an apologist.

"Other bad shit happens so lets do nothing about this" Same old argument to justify your own selfishness.

Your fevered response boils down to you thinking gun owners are simply selfish?
You haven't supported that at all well.

03-02-2015, 09:07 AM
No magic will ever make guns go away. If you make their manufacture illegal - there will be gun manufacturing everywhere...

And

Something that most people don't know ----- the simplest repeating arm to build??? --- The sub-machine gun.

Why?

Less parts than a semi-auto - and simpler than a revolver.......

So -- make guns illegal - and every crook will have something similar to a Sten, a Bren, or an Mac-10.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.