What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 05:41 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(14-06-2017 08:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 07:58 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I was speaking more to everyday gun violence, but sure.

Then again, see Australia...

Don't bother using facts, the Pro-gun people on this forum might as well be creationists as far as this issue goes. No facts you give them will alter their position.

As for the stupid statement that Mass shootings never happen where large numbers of guns are at ignore the military bases and the Dallas march (where tons of people were marching with open carry long riffles) neither of which made any difference. But then again I am using facts against lunatics.

Nothing like using statistical blips to prove your point.....

Before the ban they had on average less than 360 firearm homicides per year.

After the ban less than 300.

Now in a country of 24 million, that's a pretty insignificant percentile.

It appears the people in Australia are simply not as prone to killing each other.

Getting rid of the guns didn't really change anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-06-2017, 05:43 AM
And yeah - military bases are generally " gun free".

In most cases the ," armed guards" are not allowed ammo.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-06-2017, 06:09 AM
(14-06-2017 03:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 03:34 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I love how the far right worshipers keep harping on the fact that police and security have weapons. NO SHIT, but what they do have that laypeople DONT have is CONSTANT muscle stress conflict training.

Guns by themselves DONT defuse a situation, training does, and they know, but wont admit because of that training, most of the time those cops and security DONT fire their weapon.

Guns don't mean shit if there are no brains behind them.
Ever shot with cops??????

I'm betting not.

Your fairy tale about "constant training" for law enforcement is in direct violation of the laws of fiscal supply, political priorities, and reality in general.....

The merry band of gun nuts I shoot with almost always outshoot our friends in law enforcement....

That's OK though, we still encourage them to excel....

My husband, who trains with the county sheriff department a few times a year would attest to this fact. He outshoots them nearly every time. Many cops never pull their sidearm in the line of duty. Which is a good thing and this fact alone puts the false statement of "the presence of guns don't defuse a situation" in the dustbin where it belongs.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
15-06-2017, 06:17 AM
(15-06-2017 06:09 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 03:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ever shot with cops??????

I'm betting not.

Your fairy tale about "constant training" for law enforcement is in direct violation of the laws of fiscal supply, political priorities, and reality in general.....

The merry band of gun nuts I shoot with almost always outshoot our friends in law enforcement....

My husband, who trains with the county sheriff department a few times a year would attest to this fact. He outshoots them nearly every time. Many cops never pull their sidearm in the line of duty. Which is a good thing and this fact alone puts the false statement of "the presence of guns don't defuse a situation" in the dustbin where it belongs.

More guns make things better, right?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2017, 06:19 AM
(15-06-2017 06:17 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 06:09 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  My husband, who trains with the county sheriff department a few times a year would attest to this fact. He outshoots them nearly every time. Many cops never pull their sidearm in the line of duty. Which is a good thing and this fact alone puts the false statement of "the presence of guns don't defuse a situation" in the dustbin where it belongs.

More guns make things better, right?

That's all ya got - platitudes....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-06-2017, 07:04 AM
(15-06-2017 05:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Don't bother using facts, the Pro-gun people on this forum might as well be creationists as far as this issue goes. No facts you give them will alter their position.

As for the stupid statement that Mass shootings never happen where large numbers of guns are at ignore the military bases and the Dallas march (where tons of people were marching with open carry long riffles) neither of which made any difference. But then again I am using facts against lunatics.

Nothing like using statistical blips to prove your point.....

Before the ban they had on average less than 360 firearm homicides per year.

After the ban less than 300.

Now in a country of 24 million, that's a pretty insignificant percentile.

It appears the people in Australia are simply not as prone to killing each other.

Getting rid of the guns didn't really change anything.

That small blip would translate to about 5,000 less gun fatalities in a US context(with annual gun deaths in the 30,000 range).

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
15-06-2017, 07:06 AM
(15-06-2017 06:19 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's all ya got - platitudes....

But is it right? Platitude or not, does the evidence back up what he's saying?
15-06-2017, 07:06 AM
(15-06-2017 07:06 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 06:19 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's all ya got - platitudes....

But is it right? Platitude or not, does the evidence back up what he's saying?
Good luck with that. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2017, 07:09 AM
(15-06-2017 07:04 AM)tomilay Wrote:  That small blip would translate to about 5,000 less gun fatalities in a US context(with annual gun deaths in the 30,000 range).

5,000 is more than the 2,996 killed on 9-11, and the U.S. went to two wars over that.

Plus that 5,000 is every year.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
15-06-2017, 07:22 AM
(14-06-2017 03:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 03:34 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I love how the far right worshipers keep harping on the fact that police and security have weapons. NO SHIT, but what they do have that laypeople DONT have is CONSTANT muscle stress conflict training.

Guns by themselves DONT defuse a situation, training does, and they know, but wont admit because of that training, most of the time those cops and security DONT fire their weapon.

Guns don't mean shit if there are no brains behind them.
Ever shot with cops??????

I'm betting not.

I honestly don't know the answer to this -- just putting the thought out there -- but what if you were shooting, not at fixed targets on a shooting range, but at real live moving people who were shooting back at you -- and if you hit them, you're not just hitting a target, you're killing someone. Still think you would outshoot the cops?