What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(03-02-2015 08:36 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  What a load of crap. This has nothing to do with the volume of guns made and pumped out. This has nothing to do with the amount of gun injury and gun death from both legal and illegal guns. This is just a mask argument from selfishness.

Comparing guns to knives is also a bullshit argument. It is not a matter of being afraid of guns. It is no different than being afraid of a bible or a Koran. It is the user and only an idiot would think the amount of gun injury and death from both legal and illegal guns is acceptable.

This is just a bullshit argument to justify your own selfishness. No different than when Muslim screams if you deface a Koran. You are just an apologist.

"Other bad shit happens so lets do nothing about this" Same old argument to justify your own selfishness.

Um...what? I'm selfish because I own a tool that can protect me? I don't follow. How exactly am I selfish?

You erroneously believe that making guns illegal actually stops gun crime. The stats are not on your side. Why is it that the more concealed carry that is allowed, the lower the crime rate?

Notwithstanding - how can you find acceptable the amount of deaths that occur from legal and illegal operation of a motor vehicle?

The inference that if I defend gun rights I'm no different than a fundamentalist defending the koran is ridiculous. The difference? I won't try to kill you over our differences. You can deface a gun all you want. It makes zero difference to me.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
03-02-2015, 03:27 PM
(03-02-2015 07:48 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 07:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The major difference being owning a fire extinguisher does not raise your chance of death by fire. Owning a gun however does raise your chances of being killed by a gun significantly.

That's called a tautology. Of course owning a gun increases your chance. Having a uterus increases your chance of pregnancy, too. The key here is "acceptable risk." To me, increasing my chance of getting in a car accident by riding in a car is an acceptable risk. So is carrying a gun. No gun has accidentally gone off on its own. So being afraid of it is as stupid as being afraid of the knives in your kitchen.

Plenty of people who don't own gun are still killed by them. Some guy in NYC was just shot in the head while in a bodega.

What do you do with those stats that also show that a firearm saved their life?

Alright let me say this.

A:Owning a gun does, but there are better ways to defend yourself without getting hurt. If someone sees you with a gun, they are more likely to shoot you without a gun.

B.Some things you can keep safe that have no acceptable risk? Which is why rev said that a fire extinguisher is not on level with a gun, it has no risk. The car maybe, but that is pending. And the uterus is something we are born with. You can say we can get rid of it, but yet again there can be no risk of pregnancy with a condom.

C:On this planet for every person saved by a gun, pretty much five are killed. Guns do more damage than good.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-02-2015, 03:46 PM
(03-02-2015 03:27 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:48 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  That's called a tautology. Of course owning a gun increases your chance. Having a uterus increases your chance of pregnancy, too. The key here is "acceptable risk." To me, increasing my chance of getting in a car accident by riding in a car is an acceptable risk. So is carrying a gun. No gun has accidentally gone off on its own. So being afraid of it is as stupid as being afraid of the knives in your kitchen.

Plenty of people who don't own gun are still killed by them. Some guy in NYC was just shot in the head while in a bodega.

Alright let me say this.

A:Owning a gun does, but there are better ways to defend yourself without getting hurt. If someone sees you with a gun, they are more likely to shoot you without a gun.

You keep saying this, and it continues to be horseshit. You vastly overestimate the power of martial arts and ignore the people who couldn't employ them. You also don't seem able to see that a 5", 90 lb. person is never a match for a couple of 200 lb. thugs.

Quote:B.Some things you can keep safe that have no acceptable risk? Which is why rev said that a fire extinguisher is not on level with a gun, it has no risk. The car maybe, but that is pending. And the uterus is something we are born with. You can say we can get rid of it, but yet again there can be no risk of pregnancy with a condom.

I don't quite see what you are saying here. What do you think the risk of injury is from the guns that are locked up?

And FYI - people have been killed by fire extinguishers.

Quote:C:On this planet for every person saved by a gun, pretty much five are killed. Guns do more damage than good.

Show us the statistics. Guns do nothing - people do.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-02-2015, 04:17 PM
(03-02-2015 03:27 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 07:48 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  That's called a tautology. Of course owning a gun increases your chance. Having a uterus increases your chance of pregnancy, too. The key here is "acceptable risk." To me, increasing my chance of getting in a car accident by riding in a car is an acceptable risk. So is carrying a gun. No gun has accidentally gone off on its own. So being afraid of it is as stupid as being afraid of the knives in your kitchen.

Alright let me say this.

B.Some things you can keep safe that have no acceptable risk? Which is why rev said that a fire extinguisher is not on level with a gun, it has no risk. The car maybe, but that is pending. And the uterus is something we are born with. You can say we can get rid of it, but yet again there can be no risk of pregnancy with a condom.

C:On this planet for every person saved by a gun, pretty much five are killed. Guns do more damage than good.

A: no. Just no. If someone sees that I have a gun, already drawn, they will not have the opportunity to shoot me.

B: no risk of pregnancy with a condom? Are you daft? Condoms are only 70% effective.

Clearly you haven't heard of a concept called Disparity of Force. I'll wait while you Google it. If you think any self defense skills I may have trumps this disparity, you are sorely mistaken. Know how I know? I was raped in college.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-02-2015, 04:21 PM
(03-02-2015 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  You keep saying this, and it continues to be horseshit. You vastly overestimate the power of martial arts and ignore the people who couldn't employ them. You also don't seem able to see that a 5", 90 lb. person is never a match for a couple of 200 lb. thugs.

While I am a staggering 5 feet tall,
I will continue to let you believe that I weigh 90 lbs.

03-02-2015, 04:21 PM
I agree with Cathym except one minor point.... As a population - condoms are only 70 percent effective, because they're used improperly so often...

Properly used - they're over 90 percent effective....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-02-2015, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 05:47 PM by Cathym112.)
(03-02-2015 04:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I agree with Cathym except one minor point.... As a population - condoms are only 70 percent effective, because they're used improperly so often...

Even if I granted that premise, it is still inaccurate to say that "no pregnancy can result"

03-02-2015, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 04:36 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(03-02-2015 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  You keep saying this, and it continues to be horseshit. You vastly overestimate the power of martial arts and ignore the people who couldn't employ them. You also don't seem able to see that a 5", 90 lb. person is never a match for a couple of 200 lb. thugs.

Chas, Chas, Chas. Here are somethings you don't understand

A. Only people who can really not learn martial arts are the disabled. Even then they really can't hold a gun either. For example, karate can be learned when you are old

http://www.karatebyjesse.com/when-am-i-t...ng-karate/

B.Size means nothing in martial arts. NOTHING! A skilled small person can beat an unskilled big person. So a small person can beat a big person. Watch this

Oh and using your example the thug, the thug is about 2.2 times heavier than the small guy. The large guy in the video is about 3.7 times heavier than the small guy. This means that the small guy in the video had a worst situation and still won. So with good training you can turn make anyone good at martial arts. Martial arts is not a one shot thing, those who can't use it have not learned it or did not train enough.

C. You act is if guns are good or better they are not. So if you fought a group of thugs that where charging at you then you would be screwed with a gun. First, a person wanting to really harm you, especially a thug, would not drop in a gun shot. So if you had six thugs and six bullets you would be screwed. Thugs, psychopaths, and crazy drug people will not drop in even a clip. Not to include the times it takes to take out the gun(considering a psychopath will sneak up on you close range, close enough where running is not an option), time it takes to reload and whether the shot from the bullet hits or not. With martial arts you can at least break or hit an area the will stop a psycho(i.e breaking an arm)

D. I did not say only martial arts, running is also a good option, if not better.

(03-02-2015 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't quite see what you are saying here. What do you think the risk of injury is from the guns that are locked up?

And FYI - people have been killed by fire extinguishers.

The point I am saying is what rev said. A fire extinguisher has no real risk, if any. A fire extinguisher doesn't get kids in schools killed, a gun can. Also if someone breaks into to where your guns are? Yeah, a fire extinguisher on the floor is going to break my head. Also how many kids accidentally kill themselves with a fire extinguisher? Not many, if any. Guns kill more kids than cancer

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...r/2073259/

(03-02-2015 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Show us the statistics. Guns do nothing - people do.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracy...un-control

That is just in america. Places in africa is dangerous because of people with guns. Guns help make killing easier, not make things safer.

Oh and this for the small people thing

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-02-2015, 04:24 PM
As far as martial arts goes ---

Ka-boom always beats karate......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-02-2015, 04:25 PM
(03-02-2015 04:22 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 04:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I agree with Cathym except one minor point.... As a population - condoms are only 70 percent effective, because they're used improperly so often...

Even if I granted that premise, it is still inaccurate to say that "no pregnancy can result"

Absolutely --- I agree 100 percent.... It's asinine.....