What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 09:29 PM by evenheathen.)
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(15-06-2017 09:04 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Most ammo fired is off target and wasted.

Truest statement ever made in the gun argument since the invention of the gun argument.

Edit to add: Yeah, I realize that statement wasn't really a part of "the gun argument". But come on, it was a good line. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
15-06-2017, 09:27 PM
(15-06-2017 09:04 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 08:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I realize that it's a lost cause, and I might be better off just buying an uzi.

Not a fan of Uzi. Too expensive to use. Most ammo fired is off target and wasted.

They always look cool in movies, though. That's what matters.

'Murican Canadian
15-06-2017, 09:38 PM
(15-06-2017 09:23 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 09:04 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Most ammo fired is off target and wasted.

Truest statement ever made in the gun argument since the invention of the gun argument.

Edit to add: Yeah, I realize that statement wasn't really a part of "the gun argument". But come on, it was a good line. Angel

Regarding Uzis, and why I'm not a fan of them. (I see what you tried to do there)
15-06-2017, 09:41 PM
(15-06-2017 09:27 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 09:04 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Not a fan of Uzi. Too expensive to use. Most ammo fired is off target and wasted.

They always look cool in movies, though. That's what matters.

Indeed.
15-06-2017, 09:59 PM

[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
16-06-2017, 06:22 AM
I wasn't aware that all the law-abiding people of Australia were "on board" with the massive gun collection by the central government or the bulldozing of their guns into a pit.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
16-06-2017, 06:37 AM
(16-06-2017 06:22 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  I wasn't aware that all the law-abiding people of Australia were "on board" with the massive gun collection by the central government or the bulldozing of their guns into a pit.

Yes, it was widely supported and worked very well. Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/m...ort-arthur

So much so, the Aussie government is doing it again in an attempt to confiscate illegal weapons through a voluntary amnesty program starting July 1. Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-16/go...ty/8622468

Criminals aren't likely, of course, to voluntarily hand over their firearms. That's a given. But the point of the amnesty is to reduce the number of unregistered firearms. No more, no less.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
16-06-2017, 06:56 AM
(15-06-2017 08:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 07:39 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They had more shootings in fucking Chicago than Australia fer crissakes....

Not really helping your argument there. Tongue

I think the biggest difference that should be recognized between Australia and the US is the reaction from the public to tragedy and injustice.

Australians said, fuck, this isn't good. What kind of common sense solutions can we implement and should we try them? The public got on board and voila, less gun violence and death.

The US public reacts... just like every gun nut in every gun discussion ever. And innocent people continue to be slaughtered.

You're right that it's not a policy issue. It's a common sense issue, which the American public lacks severely.

You are a protagonist of the lie that we can't be better than what we are. You are not a part of the solution. I stand for the solution, not being a part of the problem. I choose less guns over more, because that's common fucking sense.

I realize that it's a lost cause, and I might be better off just buying an uzi. But I prefer to work towards a preferred existence rather than a reactionary one. Because we can be better, and we should be.

A bit arrogant, don't ya think??

"I speak the TRUTH ® you stinking liar, you,".

Great way to "prove your point"

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-06-2017, 07:05 AM
(16-06-2017 06:22 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  I wasn't aware that all the law-abiding people of Australia were "on board" with the massive gun collection by the central government or the bulldozing of their guns into a pit.

If you are going to bring up Australia, the difference is their gun owners as compared to our far right worshipers, have a better grasp on what it takes to be pragmatic, and that is why they have less gun violence ratio wise.

It only took 1 final mass murder for them to wake up. It's sad that grade school kids get slaughtered here and the mentality held by a minority of firearm owners is still holding back progress to reduce these types of events.

We are #1 in the western world as far as gun violence, nothing to be proud of.

The far right doesn't want to do shit, they just don't give a fuck. I am not buying it one bit when they claim they do.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Looks like those 2 Georgia prison escapees who killed two guards and were on the run, were captured. They were held at gunpoint by homeowners until police arrived.

And they say a 'good guy with a gun', is a myth. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post