What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2017, 10:25 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
You know why the DC cops ended that quickly? Because they were trained. Most civilians are not muscle trained for extreme stress shooting.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2017, 10:31 AM
(16-06-2017 09:55 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 09:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Out of how many total.

It's great what that homeowner was able to do with his gun. One might be forgiven for also noticing that his actions are those of a sane, responsible gun owner. I haven't seen a single post on this forum opposed to this type of individual owning a gun.

That aside, when study after study does not favor a narrative, some have a tendency to resort to anecdotes to shore up a discredited idea. The problem with anecdotes is you can always come up with a counter. And you don't have to look further than the last 2 days for an example of that.
No numbers?
16-06-2017, 10:35 AM
(16-06-2017 10:25 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  You know why the DC cops ended that quickly? Because they were trained. Most civilians are not muscle trained for extreme stress shooting.

And you know this how???

Ahhhhh

Stereotypes..

How utterly handy.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
16-06-2017, 10:46 AM
What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
(16-06-2017 10:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 10:25 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  You know why the DC cops ended that quickly? Because they were trained. Most civilians are not muscle trained for extreme stress shooting.

And you know this how???

Ahhhhh

Stereotypes..

How utterly handy.

Brian knows about muscle training. His mouth gets plenty of it. He doesn't even have to think about what to say in a high stress thread. His mouth just reacts. His lips even move when he types.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
16-06-2017, 11:24 AM
(16-06-2017 10:31 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  No numbers?

145,623, and that's of the reported incidents. Add to that the number of unreported incidents. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
16-06-2017, 12:09 PM
(16-06-2017 11:24 AM)TheBear Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 10:31 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  No numbers?

145,623, and that's of the reported incidents. Add to that the number of unreported incidents. Drinking Beverage

Got a time frame for the 0.44128181818182% of the population who are so heroic?

BTW, nobody, as far as I've seen, says it NEVER happens.
17-06-2017, 06:04 AM
(14-06-2017 06:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I imagine you believe all that. However people actually needed long guns back then, bears and wolves hadn't learned to fear humans like they do today.

That is simply untrue on all levels.

Quote:And people put game on the table, sometimes it was their only source of meat.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

Quote:They didn't have to go to Starbucks packing an AR-15, and we don't have to do that today.

Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-06-2017, 06:51 AM
For clarification, an AR-15 would be impractical in Starbucks. That's what I'd use to cover the entrance from a good position outside of Starbucks while my friend inside drank his 5$ milkshake disguised as coffee. And yes, I know it's more expensive than that, but I couldn't pass up the chance for a Pulp Fiction reference.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
17-06-2017, 08:12 AM
(17-06-2017 06:51 AM)yakherder Wrote:  For clarification, an AR-15 would be impractical in Starbucks. That's what I'd use to cover the entrance from a good position outside of Starbucks while my friend inside drank his 5$ milkshake disguised as coffee. And yes, I know it's more expensive than that, but I couldn't pass up the chance for a Pulp Fiction reference.

Wear an explosive vest and a turban and you'd have the place to yourself. Drinking Beverage
17-06-2017, 08:58 AM
(17-06-2017 08:12 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 06:51 AM)yakherder Wrote:  For clarification, an AR-15 would be impractical in Starbucks. That's what I'd use to cover the entrance from a good position outside of Starbucks while my friend inside drank his 5$ milkshake disguised as coffee. And yes, I know it's more expensive than that, but I couldn't pass up the chance for a Pulp Fiction reference.

Wear an explosive vest and a turban and you'd have the place to yourself. Drinking Beverage

I don't actually want the place Tongue. I make better coffee for a quarter, if that.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post