What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2017, 06:14 AM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
[attachment=3788]I found this e mail spam interesting.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:
From 1929 to 1953; about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control:
From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to
defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938:
From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935:
From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964:
From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970:
From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956:
From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable
to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.

History just repeats itself.
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed force in the World.
I'm fine with that.
Saigas for home defense!

(Subscribed without receiving email notification of new replies)

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2017, 06:40 AM
(03-07-2017 06:14 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

I can't speak for all your numbers - might be right, might not be, I don't know, don't really care - but I do know, for a fact, that the above assertion is 100%, absolutely, unequivocally false. You're probably referring to the mythical Yamamoto quote, “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.” The attributed quote was probably spread by the NRA and has nothing to do with Yamamoto. Source: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

Japan never, ever intended to invade the mainland US. Their whole goal was to consolidate oil supplies; the Pearl Harbor attack was meant to disable the US fleet and allow the Japanese Imperial Forces free reign to loot the oilfields of SE Asia and surrounding area. They were turned back at Midway and the rest is history.
[+] 6 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
03-07-2017, 06:58 AM
(03-07-2017 06:14 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed force in the World.

You mean the largest armed rabble in the world. I'm retired Navy, I know a military force when I see one. Drunks with guns don't count.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
03-07-2017, 06:59 AM
(03-07-2017 06:14 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Seriously? They couldn't mount a trans-Pacific invasion, they never considered it.
06-07-2017, 07:19 AM
(03-07-2017 06:58 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 06:14 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed force in the World.

You mean the largest armed rabble in the world. I'm retired Navy, I know a military force when I see one. Drunks with guns don't count.

Guess the Navy is out than Wink

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
06-07-2017, 07:40 AM
What is my opinion of gun owners?

Depends on who they are and what they use it for. Depends on where the gun lives. Hubby's lives in a locked gun case and is taken out during deer season to supplement our meat supply in freezer. In other words, for the purpose of food. Otherwise, if there is something troublesome going on in neighborhood he MIGHT sleep with it under the bed for a few nights with my blessing. But we have an elementary school aged grandchild so the guns mostly live in the locked gun closet since we don't want to have to remember to put them there when he visits. It's harder to remember to put away my stun gun. It was bought for when I am walking the dogs alone. If an unleashed aggressive dog tries to jump my dogs I want to be able to protect them. So far, the crazy-loud siren on it has been effective enough that loose dogs have backed away from charging at us.

On the "who" and "what they use it for" I have a neighbor (too close by) who sits on his porch (usually in nothing but his boxer shorts) and shoots at squirrels in his trees and any other neighbors' trees purely for the "sport" of it. Several of us make sure to toss every dead squirrel in the neighborhood in his front yard since they usually manage to die in our yards instead of his. He's been asked, told, even ordered by the police to stop doing this. He's not going to stop until they start fining him and since the police warning he makes a point of doing it at dawn now. And No he is not shooting them to eat them. It's more like his version of whack-a-mole. Occasionally a neighbor really jumps his case, like when hubby was in our yard (two yards from his) and the SOB fired over his next-door-neighbor's-yard and into our fenced dog yard at a squirrel without realizing hubby was there to see it and potentially get hit. Hubby chewed him up one wall and down another and all he got out of him was "Sorry, I didn't realize you were in your yard." If he ever hurts one of our dogs you will probably see it on national media cause hubby will likely go down there and make "half-nekkid-man" dance to the BB pistol and shimmy to the stun gun while eating raw squirrels.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
06-07-2017, 08:23 AM
That list again?

Jesus, it's not only full of shit, it's long in tooth.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-07-2017, 12:05 PM
(06-07-2017 08:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That list again?

Jesus, it's not only full of shit, it's long in tooth.

Like most things that circulate on the internet...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-07-2017, 01:11 PM
(03-07-2017 06:14 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I found this e mail spam interesting.

Let me stop you right there...

[Image: How-About-No-Bear.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Wow. That was a whole new other level of DUMB (and vile), blaming concentration camps and genocides on lack of guns.

[Image: original.gif?1477408648]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post