What Is Your Pay Gap? The Wall Street Journal Knows.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: What Is Your Pay Gap? The Wall Street Journal Knows.
(23-05-2016 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You know where there is no pay gap? The Federal Government.

I call conspiracy!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
23-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Mlss Heatheness,
May I take this opportunity to apologize to you for my rudeness in the other thread. Since you asked for people not to stray from your subject I should have honored that request. Sorry. I thought of doing this by PM, but since my rudeness was public , better do it in public. I cannot find that other thread. So decided to do so here.
Born Again Pagan.
[+] 4 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
23-05-2016, 05:40 PM
(23-05-2016 05:30 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Mlss Heatheness,
May I take this opportunity to apologize to you for my rudeness in the other thread. Since you asked for people not to stray from your subject I should have honored that request. Sorry. I thought of doing this by PM, but since my rudeness was public , better do it in public. I cannot find that other thread. So decided to do so here.
Born Again Pagan.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Smile

I'm sorry I told you to fuck off. Blush

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
23-05-2016, 05:44 PM
I always found the pay gap debates confusing. Shouldn't people just be able to compare salaries and then see how it goes from there?

☆☆☆
23-05-2016, 05:58 PM
(23-05-2016 05:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  te]

Yep, because men don't do their share taking care of the kids. Tongue

I guess you can call it that, but I blame vasopressin(however you spell it) for that.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-05-2016, 06:06 PM
(23-05-2016 05:44 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I always found the pay gap debates confusing. Shouldn't people just be able to compare salaries and then see how it goes from there?

Well it works like this. The pay gap isn't about pay, because women now get paid as much as men (thanks feminism). Now because of this, it isn't pay that they are looking at, but earnings. So when you compare hours worked, overtime, sick days, days taken off, overwork, and the pay for each separate job, you get your pay gap. The 77cents to the dollar is a fake statistic that is still paraded around despite being false. If anything the pay gap is a sign of free choice and not so much oppression.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
23-05-2016, 06:14 PM
(23-05-2016 05:44 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I always found the pay gap debates confusing. Shouldn't people just be able to compare salaries and then see how it goes from there?

Take peoples opinions with a huge grain of salt. Everyone has an agenda. Even me.

Do your own research, (it's easy as google) form your own opinions. You''ll be way more the wiser for it. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
23-05-2016, 06:15 PM
(23-05-2016 06:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Well it works like this. The pay gap isn't about pay, because women now get paid as much as men (thanks feminism). Now because of this, it isn't pay that they are looking at, but earnings. So when you compare hours worked, overtime, sick days, days taken off, overwork, and the pay for each separate job, you get your pay gap. The 77cents to the dollar is a fake statistic that is still paraded around despite being false. If anything the pay gap is a sign of free choice and not so much oppression.

Well, bullshit works like this. ^^^^^^^^^

23-05-2016, 06:43 PM
(23-05-2016 06:15 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 06:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well it works like this. The pay gap isn't about pay, because women now get paid as much as men (thanks feminism). Now because of this, it isn't pay that they are looking at, but earnings. So when you compare hours worked, overtime, sick days, days taken off, overwork, and the pay for each separate job, you get your pay gap. The 77cents to the dollar is a fake statistic that is still paraded around despite being false. If anything the pay gap is a sign of free choice and not so much oppression.

Well, bullshit works like this. ^^^^^^^^^

How so? Any data?

23-05-2016, 08:10 PM
(23-05-2016 05:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Compensation and benefits managers: 68%

That's some painful irony, right there.

Yabut, it's obvious that in areas where women belong e.g. in the kitchen, childcare and looking pretty while sitting in the drawing room doing fine needlework (I mean, there's no way that men will even come close when it comes to sewing or anything where delicate fingering is required), they will far exceed men's earnings:

Food cooking machine operators: 79%
Childcare workers: 79%
Surgeons: 64%

Consider

You are so lucky that I'm not in arm's reach right now.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post